NSO Birth Certificate Philippines | Get them Fast


Everyone can now get their NSO birth certificate at SM Business Centers. For only P160, you can avoid long lines in the NSO office, or avoid calling the hotline to get it. This is much more convenient. After 4 days, I got mine. SM business centers also serve SSS and Philhealth payment of contributions. Wow.

Getting authenticated NSO birth certificate in the Philippines has never been faster than ever. This time, you can get your certificates even without going to the National Statistics Office near you.

In this hub, I’m gonna direct you how to get your NSO birth certificate easy, quick and fast. I know you’re looking for the requirements, the fees to pay and the options for the online application. I have also answered some queries from people who had negative records from the NSO data base…what to do, how and where to go.

Authenticated birth certificate is just one of the most important personal documents we always must keep because we always need it in every official circumstance. So we must always have extra birth certificate copies. It’s always a requirement document whenever. There are two ways to get your authenticated birth certificate from the NSO office. The first option is faster though the second is more convenient.

Get it in one day. Of course yes, you can get your birth certificate after five minutes, ten minutes or so in a day. Well, it depends on the number of people on the line of course. And it may help a lot if you have a friend who works inside the NSO office. I hate to say it, but we all know it’s true. Anyway, all you have to do is go to the NSO office nearest you and fill out the application forms, pay for the fees and receive your birth certificate. The payment for the NSO birth certificate at present amounts to 125 pesos per piece. The requirements are: application form (fill this out with your correct data) and just the fees. No IDs, no other documents, just your accurate data like your full name and birthdate, birth place, parents’ full names and their birth place. Plus of course the money for the processing and you’re done.

NSO birth certificate online and delivery. Get it 3 – 4 days. Well, you can apply in advance wherever you are in the Philippines. This is much convenient and easier coz you won’t have to drive your car and go to the NSO, fall in line and wait, and be tempted to dine in your fave resto after an exhausting day, right? Get your NSO birth certificate online in a click or in a phone call. After three days, they will deliver your document at your doorstep. The official partner of NSO with this online service is Teleserv. You can pay thru credit card, atm and over the counter banking transactions. By the way, the mentioned company also processes passport, marriage certificate, death certificate, CENOMAR online. We can now obtain our certificates easier.

What to do with NSO negative birth certificate result?

Lots of people aren’t that successful in obtaining their authenticated birth certificate. Many go home with negative results from the NSO. It simply means, there’s no document stored in the NSO. Usual reasons from this misfortune are: some people, especially the elders, lived in the era without such technology to store their birth certificates in the NSO data base and lots of offices before were wrecked by the world war. Anyway, don’t worry. We can always fix this problem. The first thing to do is go to your hometown. Yup, go to the municipal place where you were born and go to the Local Civil Registrar’s office and bring the negative NSO birth certificate result with you. Submit this to the registrar. Certainly, they know what to do. They will make an endorsement letter together with your birth certificate derived from the Local Civil Registrar and you’re gonna send these docs by mail to the NSO office main (Vibal Building Times Street Corner EDSA West Triangle Quezon City). They’re gonna store your birth certificate then to the system data base. Take note, this may take weeks before you receive your authenticated birth certificate. So to those who are in a rush, you better have discovered this error sooner. You can expedite the processing of endorsement by making a follow up from your local municipal or go directly in person at the NSO main in Manila. The office is next to the MRT Quezon Ave. Station.


© Copyright 2011 – 2012 All Rights Reserved DO NOT COPY


More by this Author

Post your messages in English please 285 comments

iamageniuster profile image

iamageniuster 6 years ago

Birth certificate is a pretty important matter.

Mentalist acer profile image

Mentalist acer 6 years ago from A Voice in your Mind!

I'm gonna fly to the Philippines NSO and see if I'm in their spy data-base,lol.;)

justom profile image

justom 6 years ago from 41042

Good informative hub! Peace!! Tom

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 6 years ago Author

@iamgeniuster - yes it is :)

@Prof A - I bet you're in there lol

@Tom - thanks Tom :)

profile image

PenMePretty 6 years ago from Franklin

Good writing.

angie 5 years ago

Hi, i need your help! I want to apply a passport but i have a problem. My parents place of marriage in my NSO is Amlan, Neg. OCC but in my Local civil registrar is Amlan, Neg. or. which is correct. I heard that you have to follow what's on your birth. What should i do? i need your advice guys. thanks a lot. Angie here from dumaguete City.

rowena 5 years ago

i want to get apply online for getting birth certificates for me and for my son....but how?please help me

lorena 5 years ago

I need a serious help pls... My parent's birth certicates has a wrong entries on both certificates.My father's birth date is May 22 Instead of May 27... While my mother's birth certificate from NSO has a wrong name and birth date, the only information that was correct was the birthdate year and parent's name...

Anyone can help us pls??? We need the documents by the end of this year ....

An agent from NSO advised us to go back in our province to do the amendments but there's no available lawyer to

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 5 years ago Author

You can start by going to the local civil registrar office where your parents were born. Then tell your problem. That way, they will advise you what's best to do. You can use any lawyer anyway so that's not a problem. The Local Civil Registrar knows cases like this as they are in charged.

alemap 5 years ago

helo po..ask lng pag nagpacorrect po b ng clerical error do i need to go to our local civil registrar sa la union p kasi un anlayo po or pwede ng d2 n lng sa munisipyo ng paranaque? At magkano po kaya magastos? Thanks in advance

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 5 years ago Author

Clerical error saan?

allman pertez polo 5 years ago

gud am.kindly teach me the easiest way how to change my clerically misspelled name from AELMAN to ALLMAN.I was born in quezon city on october 15, 1974, father is roberto reyes polo and mother is teresita rabulan pertez.also kindly tell me how much its going to cost and what are the processes to follow so that it will save me from trouble of traveling as im not in a healthy condition to do so.thank you so much and more power.

jami 5 years ago

will i get the marriage certicate of my parents in their behalf? what are the requirements i need to bring? thanks and more power to you!

liza 5 years ago

for how long it will take if i file a petition for clerical error of my birth certificate?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 5 years ago Author

@Allman-I suggest you go to your Municipal Civil Registrar hwere you were born and tell your case. They encounter same situations. I don’t know how much it would cost you, since attorney fees are different. The civil registrar also knows stuffs regarding your case so you better ask them everything.

@Jami- yes you can, just fill up the application forms and pay the corresponding fees at the NSO office.

@Liza- go to your civil registrar’s office in the municipal where you were born and ask them about it and the best and fastest solution regarding that error.

B10VI 5 years ago

ahmmm why they don't post the company profile of NSO., ., ??? i need some information for my thesis about your company tnx., ^_^

Gina 5 years ago

Is it written in the birth certificate if your parents are married or not? Please advise.

Joseph Navarro 5 years ago

currently in need of NSO documents, planning to go to a NSO office this coming monday, won't i still need an ID to claim said documents upon release? thanks for the info...

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 5 years ago Author

@B10VI search about National Statstics Office Philippines and you may get NSO company profile

@Gina I dont think it is shown on anyone's birth certificate if she's married or not because it's about the birth of the owner and his parents and their address etc.

@Joseph You just need the receipt of payment when claiming. Thanks too :)

raquel 5 years ago

Hi. I gave birth on October 18, 2011. Went to city hall manila para iparegister ang birth certificate ng baby ko. Pumunta ko don ng Nov. 28, late register po daw. Pnabalik ako ng Dec. 8, sabi nong girl sa civil registrar office naparehistro na raw ang anak ko sa NSO nong Dec 6. Nagpunta ako ngayon Dec 9 sa NSO to get the birth certificate ang sabi nong girl sa NSO wala pa daw yon makukuha ko daw after 6 to 1 year! Bat ganon katagal? Possible ba n mkakuha ako ng NSO birth certificate ngayong Dec? Kailangan kasi sa pag-aapply ng US passport ng baby ko. Thanks.

reymund 5 years ago

can u still apply for passport f ur mother's first name is not the same with my nso to local copy?

pls do reply! asap!

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 5 years ago Author

@Raquel Yes, sad to say it takes so much time..Since the birth certificate is not yet entered into the NSO database. You know the system here in the Philippines, medyo mabagal and late. You can request for fast processing naman. The CTC (certified true copy) stamped from NSO may be accepted and then they will put it in their database. Be makulit and they will surely act.

@Reymund hi! they will follow everything that is on your NSO authenticated birth certificate - all names and birthdate

liza 5 years ago

i already went to my municipal office were i was born and i submitted some requirements with regards to the clerical error of my birth certicate now i have the approved petition and they advised me to go to the nso main branch to submit the approved petition, i want to ask if how long it will take if i submit the approved petition to the nso and i want to know if there is a possibility for them not to approved it? i hope you can help me, thanks a lot!

kristine 5 years ago

Hi, I applied online for my NSO birth certificate but i'm not yet sure if i already have my record in there. How will i know if my name was in there before i pay it online? or what if i already paid for it but they didn't have my record, will it be refundable? need ur reply asap.


jenneth 5 years ago

pwd po ba kmi mag bayad sa bayad center?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 5 years ago Author

@Liza hi. They usually approve them don't worry. Once the BC was approved, it will be entered in their database. Then you have no problem anymore. You're welcome. :)

@Kristine hi. You will pay regardless your records will be negative or positive. It's not refundable sad to say.

@Jenneth hello. Some malls have NSO kiosks to serve the public. Try it there.

ria 5 years ago

hi i'm ria i need to get a passport but there is a problem regarding my nso birthcertificate my place of birth is not complete no manila written plzz help me so i can get my passport.

mheng 5 years ago

hi, just wanna ask kc they cant read my birth certificate in dfa, that's why they ask me to get a local copy.. pde b ako kumuha s NSO..?

help me please..

angela 5 years ago

hi! i want to ask, how can i get a birth certificate when i don't know my mothers real name? my birth mother just left me with strangers and i guess didn't even bother registering my birth.

joseph 5 years ago

Hi... ask ko lang po kc may problem sa birth certificate ng anak ko. mali yong middle initial ng father's name. kindly advise po kung ano ang pwede kong gawin thanks in advance.

princess renaila 5 years ago

hello i have a problem how can i get nso my birth certificate if i didn't know my father's full name and if you look at my birth certificate that my mother gave to me there's no father's name. please answer it's my school req.

art 5 years ago

where do the lcr forward the nso? in vibal qc or in east ave qc??

jayar 5 years ago

hi.. i just want to ask what to do on my nso birth certificate because my gender is blank... i can't get a passport because of than.. tnx

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 5 years ago Author

@Ria hi. Just go to your local registrar where you were born and they will assist you in adjusting your BC records.

@Mheng hi. You can get a local copy from the local registrar of the municipality where you were born.

@Angela hello there. Oh that’s so sad to hear. How did you know your birthdate? If you know your father, then you can ask him about your mother’s info. I think it’s the only one who knows.. and also your grandparents in your father side.

@joseph hi. You can go to your municipal’s registrar and tell them about the wrong entry in your birth certificate. Then they will forward the correct one to the NSO head office. I hope it fixes soon. Good luck.

@Princess. I am sorry about that. I can’t answer your questions too as I don’t know your parents more than you. I suggest you personally ask your mother and it’s about time you solve this important matter. God bless..

@Art hi. The endorsement of my friend’s BC was sent to NSO Census Quezon Ave near Merced…

@Jayar hi. Oh wow that’s a very strange problem. The solution is to go to your local civil registrar and correct it. Then they endorse it to the NSO

Lou david 5 years ago

Hi my friend is in united states and she ask me if I can get a copy of her authenticated birth certificate in NSO..is it possible for me to get? Even we are not related?

CLE 5 years ago

Hello there. I'm planning to get a passport, but the problem is I don't have my father's name on my birth certificate. So I'm using my mother's family name and I don't have a middle name. What should I do?

Is it possible to put my father's name on my birth certificate but not changing my name?

camille 5 years ago

hi..gud day..ask ko lang po if may iba pang easiest way para maipasok na sa NSO ung marriage certificate nminng mag asawa??kinasal kmi last nov.23,2011..and it's almost 3 mos.na..nagpnta aq sa LCR dtu sa amin..sbi nla 6 mos to 1 yr daw bgu mgkrcord sa NSO..at tinnong ko sila kung my iba pang praan pra mpadali ..sbi nila wala daw ..pls..pkisagot po ..thanks..

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 5 years ago Author

@Lou David hi there. If you know anyone in the NSO who works there, I think that’s possible.

@CLE hi. That’s the second time I heard a very strange error like that in the birth certificate. The solution is to go to the Local Civil Registrar of the municipality you were born and ask them to correct your birth certificate. You have to register it completely. Hope it will be fixed.

@Camille hi. Usually it takes so long. My grandpa’s NSO death certificate who died last Nov. is still not released. It’s so mabagal here in the Philippines kaya wala tayo magagawa. Unless you know someone in the NSO head office to expedite your registration in the database. Good luck.

dockre 5 years ago

hi, tanong kulang po. pwd ba ako mag apply NSO birth certificate kahit noon lang feb. 29, 2012 lang ako naregister sa LCR sa bayan namin? kasi kailangan ko sya sa requirements for graduation.

cleahrc 5 years ago

Hi,need to get a passport for my children & me.Does it matter if my name on their birth certificate is different from my own birth certificate (typographical error).Can we still get an approval from DFA?

filipinabela 5 years ago

hi. i need help regarding NSO birth certificate issues. please if you can help me or know a good lawyer please you can reach me at my email: filipinabela@gmail.com Will wait for your response. Thank you so much. - F

Lou david 4 years ago

Hello again..I gave birth last October 19,2011 and requested authenticated BC at our local NSO office here in Subic Zambales 3 weeks ago (after 4 months giving birth) and it's negative..I really need my sons BC to get him a passport...I also went to our local city registry office to ask if they can expedite so I can go my self to NSO main in Manila but according to them that it's not possible because they have endorsed it already to the main,,but still I haven't got any Authenticated BC..how long does it take for the main NSO to release it? I really need help

yzan 4 years ago

Hello, GOOD DAY! this is Nazareth a female and graduated with a course of Bachelor of Elementary Education. I have a problem regarding my NSO: (misspelled name, gender and birth date), these are the reasons why I cannot take the Licensure Examination for Teachers. What should I do?

please help...

thanks and God bless!

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Dockre hi there. It takes time after you registered from the LCR to the NSO. You know our government may pagkamabagal. It usually takes around 3 months or more for your birth certificate to be authenticated and entered in the NSO database. You must contact the LCR or NSO to follow up always.

@Cleahrc hi. They will base your info from the birth certificate. You must ask a lawyer to make an adjustment for the detail and have an annotation in the BC that you are the same person as that whose name was misspelled.

@Lou David hello. Yes you know the slow transaction here in our country. You are lucky if you got your BC after 3 months from the date of endorsement. If you know someone who works in the NSO main, maybe you can expedite.

@Yzan hi there. I feel bad about you for missing the board exam. You must go to your Local Civil Registrar where you were born and tell your situation. They will advise you the best possible way.. Hope it fixes soon. Good luck.

Johara Jane 4 years ago


My boyfriend and I already booked a ticket for HOngkong this June. He is already processing his passport when we just noticed that he doesn't have a gender in his NSO. We have an affidavit to prove that he's male. Is it really necessary to go to Local registrar to correct the error? or the affidavit will do?

Lucky 4 years ago

Nag apply po ako ng birth certificate ng mom ko per Hindi ko po nakuha although I have an authorization minor daw po ako at that time I'm 17. Now I'm 18 can I get those copies it's 6 pieces my mom and brothers bc.. Thanks and regards

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Johara hello. Yes, his NSO BC must noted below that his gender is male.

@Lucky hi. Yes, you can now get their copies. Just present your valid IDs in claiming. You can also get them at SM service center, they now offer NSO services like this together with SSS, Philhealth and many more.

HeartyJoy 4 years ago

My niece birth certificate doesn't have a middle name. Any idea on what will happen and what to do? Thank You..

ashley06 4 years ago

hi,tanong ko lang sana f kukuha ako ng passport kelangan ba talaga nka attach yung receipt sa NSO?kasi nawala yung receipt..

rhoxanne 4 years ago

hi, i was born on October 29, 1992 in baguio city, but my parents got married on march 23, 1993 and they forgot to correct and register my birth. when i went to the nso office my name appeared still in the maiden name of my mother. how can i get my nso birth certificate in my name which i used since i enrolled in nursery, kindergarten to college. pls help. thank you.

chubby 4 years ago

pano ko po makuhaan ng nso anak kong nasa bikol andito po ako sa macao

chubby 4 years ago

apelyido po ng asawa ko dinadala ng anak ko pero hindi po kmi kasal illigetimate po ba yon? pano po magba skedule andito po ako sa macao may 25 pa uwi ko makuha po ba ako passport ng anak ko wthin 15 days deliver at ano po requirments 8 yrs old lang po sya reply po

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@HeartJoy hi. You must go to your LCR and register your middle name. It is so important.

@Ashley hello. It’s not necessary to attach the NSO receipt in getting a passport as long as the BC is original and the records are consistent with your other documents.

@Rhoxanne. Go to your LCR and register your correct information. They know how to assist you on this matter. Thank you and God bless.

@Chubby you can ask your sister to get your child’s BC. When you arrived here. you can get your child’s passport by bringing your passport, your BC, her BC, your valid IDs and your child with you. Also ask your sister to make a schedule for your passport appointment so when you arrived home, you can process it asap.

jacqueline rafael 4 years ago

gud pm, i have endorsement address to lourdes hufana at vibal building cor EDSA, Q.C can i ask the exact location of this offc. and how can i go there from pasig to vibal can you help me please. thank you.

dhars 4 years ago

gud morning po sir. tanong ko po kung pwide pa palitan ang age ko sa birth certificate ko kasi nag kamali po ito.ngyari sa birth ko bumaba po ang edad ku.... pls sir pakisagot

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Jacqueline Ride MRT and drop by Kamuning Station and then walk at EDSA. You will see NSO Census near Merced bakeshop. It’s easy to find it, once you’re in GMA Kamuning station, ask anyone (preferably a guard) where is NSO Census office, they will tell you right away.

@Dhars go to your LCR and tell your concern. They will gladly help you on what to do. It always starts there. :)

neko 4 years ago

hello. will nso automatically send a copy of my authenticated birth certificate once they receive my docs (negative BC and endorsement letter from our municipality) via snail mail? And how long when you said weeks?? Like at least a month?

the negative bc can also be applied thru SM business centers right?

btw, thanks so much for this.very informative!

neko 4 years ago

hi again..sorry addtl inquiry.. what does this mean? "for born 1950 & below, Negative Birth Record from NSO & Joint Birth Affidavit from Two Disinterested Persons if no record from NSO."

if i have negative birth record from NSO, does it mean there is no need for me to get the NSO certified BC anymore?

What does Joint Birth Affidavit from two disinterested persons mean? Is this as simple as having 2 affidavits from 2 different persons/attorneys?

thanks so much! this will be a big help really.

janet 4 years ago

hi!..i gave birth to my baby last march 17,2012.And I need her NSO birth certificate AS Soon as possible in order for us to process the papers and to be submitted To the IMMIgration..Can I GET it now if ever Im requesting for it?thanks..I need your advice and answer..thanks!

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Neko Yes they will. It usually takes weeks if not months sad to say. Negative BC is a result of a no-record from the NSO database. It means you need to request or endorse your birth certificate to be registered and entered in their database by forwarding the copy you got from the LCR to the NSO main office. If someone entered it as soon as possible in their computer, you will get it earlier than expected.

The affidavit is usually needed for those oldies who born 1950 and below. The war and old time set ups in the early times causes the negative BC. The affidavit is usually a statement from 2 persons (not related to the applicant) sworn… You can get this usually from a Notary Public by paying 250 or above. They automatically know this once you tell them.

jd 4 years ago

hi.. ilang days before makuha ang birth certificate sa sm business center? tanx

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

I got mine after 4 days

ejae 4 years ago

itatanong ko lang. bakit nung kumuha ako ng NSO BC ko sa Pasig, 3 weeks pa before makuha. kasi yung kasama ko po. the day na pumunta kami dun nakuha nya na agad tapos yung sakin 3 weeks pa before ko makuha.

may problema po ba sa birth certificate ko kung ganun ?

di po kasi nila sinasagot nung nagtatanong ako kung bakit di ko pa makukuha. Need ko na po kasi yun NSO BC ko for the enrollment this monday.

ejae 4 years ago

tanong ko lang po ulit.

panu ko po makukuha yung birth certificate ko ng mas maaga. kung bukas na po agad. kesa naman po sa may 10 pa. baka hindi na po ako makapgenroll.

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Perhaps they want to confirm the details and make them clear. Cheer up. At least you will gonna get it naman. :)

Mhay 4 years ago

hi, palagi akong kumukuha ng NSO birth certificate and wala naman problema, not till today, i got a different certi. yung name ko nadagdagan ng isang letra at ang b-place ko ,ibang lugar. kailangan ko pa naman sya sa US embassy. :( posible kayang makakuha pa ako nung dati kong nakukuha which bears my correct name and bplace?im so worried, in 5 days interview ko na waaaaa

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Maybe it's not your real BC or it was a wrong copy they had entered in the database before. Try getting one again from another NSO preferably near the place you were born. That is so strange. Hope you get the correct one.

Chloe 4 years ago

Hi!I need your advice!Nung kumuha ako ng birth certificate sa NSO kasi ikakasal ako(1990) ang sabi nila wala daw akong record so ang ginawa ng parents ko nagpa late registration kami pero ginamit na namin ang nickname ko and my stepfathers surname.Last year 2011 nung kukunin ko ang pina late registered ko na birth certificate wala itong record at ang lumalabas is yung una naming hinihingi nuong 1990.Ang problema is dala ko na ang pangalang pina late registration namin for almost 20 years and all off my clearances,insurances here abroad is yang pangalan na nayan but now the embassy don't accept it in a way sa tagal ko dito ang Phil.Embassy na ang gumagawa ng passport ko at nagkasal sa amin. I really need some advice to you guys co'z i really don't know what to do. Thank you

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Honestly I dont know what advice to give because it involves embassy and more. But I suggest it will gonna be easy for you to fix this once and for all by using only one name which I think yung ginagamit mo abroad. You will need a lawyer for this and I know it is fixable. Once your lawyer made the adjustment in your BC and forwarded it to the NSO, the Phil. Embassy or any office here will just follow it since it is NSO authenticated. God bless and good luck.

MHay 4 years ago

thank you sa reply.. i found out 2 records ko and blocked na daw ung ginagamit ko na birth cert. so i am not sure.. :(

jemira 4 years ago

ask ko lang po ang gender ko po s BC ko ay male instead of female.. nag punta na po ako sa local registrar at sabi nila kailangan daw po ng court order.. may iba pa po bang mas mabilis na paraan pra maayos at makakuha ako ng passport kc need ko na po makaalis agad for work tks! po sa advice in advance...

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Mhay You are welcome dear. I hope they blocked the wrong one instead of the real one.

@Jemira You need to settle your BC first because the DFAs need the authenticated NSO BC in processing your passport. They will follow all the details written there. That’s a common problem already here in the country. Yes, you need a lawyer to make a court order about your true and real gender. Check everything on your BC before requesting a lawyer.

rapiyogi 4 years ago

hi how do you get an nso birth certificate if you were born outside of the country and you have a negative certification, is a negative certificate already enough of a valid document to be used for official circumstances, thanks

loilani 4 years ago

From elementary until i got married...i used the same records from the birth certificate that i have. It was a late registered in 1990. When i got the chance to get an authenticated BC, it appears that my middle initial is different from the one reflected in my late registered BC and so as the year that I was born. And there i found out that I was registered in 1970 a month after I was born and not 1969. My question is, am I going to use my original BC now and what I'm going to do to all of my records bearing my different middle initial and year. Please help coz I am planning to get a passport.

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Rapiyogi if you have a negative birth certificate, it means you have no BC in the NSO database. The document is not valid and is useless. You need to register your BC again. Go to your LCR and have your clear BC endorsed to NSO main so they enter it to their database. Thank you.

@Loilani the lawyer will fix everything you need. I can’t tell you the solutions I’m sorry, it’s not my expertise. I can only share stuff I know about getting NSO BC. This matter is so complex I honestly don’t know the exact solution about your problem. What I know is you need a lawyer for that. Please share your experience when you solved it so we can share it to others who have the same problem. Thank you and good luck.

rapiyogi 4 years ago

hi do i have to go to the lcr when im foreign born

irish ticling 4 years ago

Hi,kumusta po! my problem is i got my passport last Dec.8,2000.on those time,the NSO was using a STAMP&SEALED AUTHENTICATION FOR BC.NSO CDO authenticated my original BC,and it was my original document that the DFA took from me,so i got my passport,and when i graduated in college the photocopy of my authenticated BC,i submitted it to the University.At year ,2003,i went back to NSO CAGAYAN DE ORO ,to authenticate my BC,which was a copy from the local Civil Registrar in my place,and sad to say that it was already computerised,and it give me a negative result,what i did,i submitted my negative result directly from the NSO,where i did the application,then the other copy i submitted to the civil registrar to my place,to have a late registration,how many times we claimed it,its negative till then,so many times we did the late registration,coz its been negative all the time we did,and my mom ,went to the main NSO MANILA ,to submit the negative result,but NO RESULT AT ALL.

What will be the possible ways to do,i renewed my passport here in Phil. Embassy kuwait,2times.Im tired for this,every year,late registration for nothing.

Please help me,thanks a lot!

Matthew Beatty 4 years ago

Good morning!

I know this forum is about birth cert, but I can't find any active forums on NSO Advance Endorsement Filing Marriage Contract.

Do you know anything about advance endorsement for NSO Marriage Contract? I have Googled and there are answers, but not quite clear. I'm an American living in Tanay, Rizal. We are getting married Sunday in Pangasinan. Once we get advance endorsement it's advised we send it NSO LBC or hand deliver. Does it matter which NSO or does have to go to Manila? Also, if I'm understanding, e-census then sends it to us LBC? I've been to e-census site and you can submit a question ONLY AFTER you file. Any info you have would be wonderful!


Salvation Army

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Rapi Yes as long as you are a Filipino citizen still

@Irish Mabuti naman. Thank you, kumusta? Wow, that was so tiring indeed. When you late registered in the LCR, did they endorse it to the NSO main? If not, then nothing will be stored in the NSO database and every time you get one, the result will be negative. The solution for this is to ask the LCR to endorse your NSO BC to NSO main. They usually make a letter of endorsement and attach your birth certificate and put them in a mail letter envelope. Then they will ask you to mail this either via LBC, or DHL and send it to NSO Main Manila. After you sent it, all you have to do is wait. My friend received hers after 3 months but that was years ago I just don’t know how long it takes now. Maybe it’s much faster. I hope :)

@Matthew Good morning. I have no experience yet about advance endorsement of marriage certificate yet but I think it’s the same with filing endorsement of birth certificate, too. The usual process of it is what I have explained to Irish above. Thank you Matthew. I hope you get yours successfully. Please share your experience with us after you got it because it will be so much useful to everyone who has the same need.

desiree cortez 4 years ago

Hi. pwede Bang Magkuha ng NSO Birth Certificate sa nso Office pag walang ID? or Pwde bang cedula ang gamitin para makuha yung Nso birth certificate?

rapiyogi 4 years ago

hi thanks for the replies, anyway i figured i should do the delayed registration, right? but i dont the requirements such as live births etc

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Desiree yup, just fill out the form with the correct info and pay the fees. No ID needed in the NSO. You only need IDs if you get your NSO BC thru SM Business Centers and claim them.

@Rapi You are welcome. Yes just late register. Go to the LCR near your home and register your birth certificate.

jenn 4 years ago

ilang days po ba ang dapt hintayin after,kong maihulog sa lbc ang marriage contract with endorsement of our local registry..para makakuha ng nso copy nito...

irish ticling 4 years ago

Hello po,thanks sa reply!

Yes,for the first and second time around,im the one who automatically endorsed it to the LCR,and send it via LBC,I paid so many times for the endorsement of my BC copy from the LCR,Im waiting every 3months or more for the results,but nothing.Last endoresment,I let my mom to wait it for a year,then we do claimed and authentication again of my BC from the LCR,but same as usual,NOTHING...NEGATIVE RESULT!...

The good for me now is i have my passport,so maybe i must to confirm this problem to a lawyer,to make an affidavit for my passport vs my BC...This would be my last hope for this..so tiring experience,i lost my course of study and no have stable job in Phils.due to this problem.

Thanks a lot,kabayan!

Godbless and more power to your concern!

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Jenn It depends upon when an employee in the NSO main saw your paper and entered it in their system. Just imagine the high piles of endorsements from around the Philippines and where is your paper in the file.. If you know someone in the main office, I think it would be faster. Often it takes 3 months.. If it takes more than that, I suggest you go to the NSO Main and follow it up and ask them what it’s taking it so long…

@Irish hello Irish! How are you? Wow, I can’t believe what happened with your birth certificate. You have endorsed it so many times yet it never was entered and registered in the NSO database successfully.. That is so much headache and so annoying. I feel bad bout your case. I hope these people help and serve you better coz you need it and everyone deserves good and clear service. If only I was working in the NSO, I’d surely help you and prioritize you since you have been calling their attention and they’re not saying anything about a solution or whatever what to do with your negative results of records.

I’m glad you have your passport now dear. Still a BC is so important in transactions anywhere. I hope your lawyer can make a better alternative. Depending in the NSO seems so impossible after your attempts.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences. Cheers and God bless..

Steve 4 years ago


I am helping my gf and her two children get passports and DFA say the middle name of the children needs to be changed before they will do the childrens passport. I understand we need to go to the Office of Local Civil Registrar (OLCR) in the Municipality in which they were born and file a partition for their middle name change. Once we complete the forms required by the OLCR and submit with the fee of 3000 per name (6000Php total) what is the process (do we need to engage a lawyer?)cost and time frmaes involved after that? Many thanks if you can provide some advice.



twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Steve, the LCR will tell you completely the next steps since they required you to pay them fees, they are responsible to tell you the next step, what to expect and how much time. In cases like that, I honestly don't know yet how much fee a lawyer would charge you and how long the document will be entered in the NSO main. I think it's the same, more or less 3 months. I hope this will be settled smoothly. :) God bless..

jhem23 4 years ago

Good day, i'm a fresh garduate and planing to apply sa board exam, But nagkaproblem poh aq s NSO birth certificate. wala poh kasing name ung BC q, pero ung BC na galing sa Local civil registry ng manila di rin nila tinaggap kasi ala daw pong NSO seal. anoh poh bang kaylangan kong gawin para maayos ito....salamat poh

Meg 4 years ago

Halimbawa na sa province nakaregister un birth certificate and you want to make corrections in it can you do it in your current LCR say you are already living in Manila?

joy 4 years ago

What about marriage certificate authenticated,how many days we can get it.

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Jhem yes it is a requirement by the PRC for board exam purposes, the birth certificate of the applicant must be NSO authenticated and stamped and signed by the current signatory Carmelita Ericta. You must go to your LCR and endorse your BC to the NSO Main in Manila. They will put it in a letter envelope together with the endorsement and ask you to mail it either by LBC, DHL and others. Then you will have to wait about 3 months or so. Depends upon the time of applications in the NSO Main. I had a friend with the same dilemma, she had to reschedule her board exam for that because her BC was settled after 6 months. Too bad.

@Meg If you want to make corrections and adjustments, I think you always have to go back to the town where you were born because your birth file is only stored in your Local Civil Registrar.

@Joy once you can get it in 5 minutes as long as it is in the NSO database.

michelle 4 years ago

Pwede b mlman kung nka register ako.. s nso..?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Yes, just go to any NSO affiliated center and ask for a copy, If the result was neither negative, then you are registered.

ashleah 4 years ago

helow..i need to get a passport because my mother wants me to go to abu dhabi with her..the problem is,my birth certificate has doubled register.ang tama at tugma sa ginagamit ko ay ang pangalawa na rehistro.what should i do?ang difference kc between my second and prevailed registration ay ang akng birth place and the middle names of my father and mother.does it matter if yong gmitin ko ay ang una na rehistro?but all of my documents reflects on my second registration, pls,pls,help me.

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

I suggest you used the one which has the correct details with IDs and docs you are using now so you avoid inconsistency in the DFA in getting your passport. They will follow what is written on your BC.

ven 4 years ago

my mother's BC found out that her surname is mis spelled and her birthdate is different sa mga documents na gamit nya? what should we do? do we need to follow what is written in the BC and change everything from ID to marriage contranct etc...? thx

Venus 4 years ago

my husband filed some corrections with his name, were done with 2 publication. I would like to ask if it is normal delay happened that we are waiting for almost 2 months now to get the corrected NSO birth certificate? every day since the civil registrar officer informed us of the releasing date, we always called and making follow ups but still they did not received it until now from the NSO main branch. I would like to ask what usually caused dalay? Im hoping for any advise so we can act right away.

Thank you

rhei 4 years ago

hello! Po,ask ko lang po kung pwede po kumuha ng NSO BC ng kapatid isasabay ko po sana pagkumuha po aq dis mon.no ID or any document naman po kelangan dba,just the form and fee.Pwede po ba yun? Sa isang tao dalawang BC ang kukunin,thank u po,hope u respond and Godbless.

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Ven You can ask a lawyer to fix it. However it might cost you some money. I had a friend who had same situation. Yes, she ended up changing her name into the one that is on her BC. All her documents, ID, school diploma, Tor and others were changed too.

@Venus sad to say yes we really have slow system here especially government transactions like this. All we have to do is wait patiently.

@Rhei yes you can :)

grl099 4 years ago

do you have any branches in malls?

kira 4 years ago

hello, pwede magtanung ano po ba ang dapat kung gawin kasi kinuha ko ung BC ko tpos nung basahin ko wlang pangalan na nakalagay, apelyedo lng. ano po ba dapat kung gawin....reply pls :)

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Grl099 yes, at SM Business Center

@Kira oh that is so strange. you must go to your Local Civil Registrar at the municipal office where you were born and ask their assistance. They will surely know what to do.

Mayriel 4 years ago

Hi ..I recently requested for my NSO Birth certificate however, it possible to ask for 3copies and certify it? As this is requirement for Marriage in Abu Dhabi.

Apple 4 years ago

Hi po,pumunta po kmi ng sis ko sa nso Manila, para kunin ung BC Nya,then pag receive po ng BC Nya male po cya,ano po Gagawin pag ganong sitwasyon? Help nman po:(

neph 4 years ago

Hi where is the new office location of NSO in olongapo

profile image

Junzki 4 years ago

Hello po,pls. Response

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Mayriel yes you can ask 3 copies. Just pay the corresponding amount. You can get them as SM Business Center in case you don’t wanna go to NSO

@Apple, Junzki You must go to the Local Civil Registrar office of the Municipal office where your sister was registered or the hometown where she was born and ask their assistance about changing her gender. They will gladly know what to do and how to help you. Don’t worry, there are lots of cases like that.

@Neph I have no idea where is the new location of NSO Olongapo. You can dial your landline operator and ask bout it.

Bernadeth Rusiana 4 years ago

kailan ko raw makukuha ang NSO ko after 2 weeks daw, tapos sabi ng taga rito sa cebu it takes 2 - 3 months. ANo na gagawin ko ngayon? kailangan ko tulong ninyo. salamat po.

Bernadeth Rusiana

profile image

Junzki 4 years ago

Hay po,kailangan po ba mag hire ng lawyer,to change my sister gender m to f?

PR 4 years ago

I am using my father’s last name for almost 20 years. I even had a copy of my Birth Certificate that my Surname came from my father. But when I get my NSO Birth Certificate, it showed that my real surname was my mom’s maiden name. What should I do to change it permanently to my father’s surname? I really need you help regarding this. Thanks.

jenny 4 years ago

nagkaron ng problema sa akin birth certificate ung date at saka ung year..ngaun pinaproces kona mahigit 3monhts pero dko parin nakukuha ang result,ilang months bah talaga bago maerelease? kc kailangan ko na talaga

kimwa1127 4 years ago

Hi. How can you get a death certificate of someone if you don't know when they died? We are required to get a death certificate who is a previous owner of a land we purchased.

cel 4 years ago

helo, magtatanong lng po kung ano po dapat kong gwin kc ung daughter ko po ang ginagamit nya s school n surname is s father nya kso po nung kumuha ako s nso ung surname ko po don ang nklagay. gusto ko po snang pplitan n s school ung surname n gmit nya base don s nso n nkuha ko. tpos my isa png problem ung middle initial n nklagay don s birth cert nya e middle initial ko din s pagka-dalaga, ano po b ang dapat kong gawin.

Rachel 4 years ago

Hi, pwede ko ba makuha yung Birth certificate ng pamangkin ko kahit walang consent ng mom nya, kasi iniwan lang sya sakin, di na binalikan, so di namin alam kung nasan na yung mommy nya(kapatid ko). if pwede, pano namin makukuha online, authorized ba kami?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Bernadeth hello. If it was endorsed to the NSO Main, yes it takes about 2-3 months. If it’s positive in any NSO, it takes just after 10 minutes. If secured at SM Malls, it usually takes three days.

@Junzki yes you need that

@PR go to your LCR office and bring your BC that shows your real surname. Then they will give you advice what best to do to change it on your situation

@Jenny what steps did you do so far Maam?

@Kimwa hi there. The best way is ask a permission and authority from the deceased heirs or beneficiaries. You must ask it out of respect.

@Cel Just go to your municipal LCR office and bring your child’s birth certificate and request them the specific change you want to apply in the document and they will advise you what to do. Magastos nga lang.

@Rachel secure a Notarized affidavit indicating you are the child’s guardian and you are authorize to act as her guardian. Usually it cost around P250 from any Notary Public you know. Bring this in claiming the BC. Thank you. Tell me if it worked. :)

josarah 4 years ago

hi, anu po bang madaling way na pagaayos ng BC ko kasi po sa gender ko po ang nakalagay is male instead na female sabi po kc ikocourt pa raw po yun ei masyado pong mataas ang expenses..di po aq makakagraduate pag d daw po naaus ung BC ko.. at matagal po bang mag ayus nun??

cindy uy 4 years ago

good day,

just want to ask for an advice, since my baby is still under 6 months old.. is it possible that the live birth of my child from the local registrar will be used in filing a passport instead of the certificate coming from the NSO.. please advice.. thanks

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Josarah Yes you need to hire a lawyer to fix your gender and change it to female instead. If you can’t afford it, try the public attorney’s office. Thank you.

@Cindy yes as long as it is certified and stamped as true copy

lynne10 4 years ago

@twentyfive hi poh, i give birth to my daughter last feb. 29, 2012. and until now hindi ko pa po sya nareregister kasi hinihintay ko na pirmahan ng father nia ung BC na binigay sa akin ng hospital. then after 3mos. wla prin syang time to sign the papers, kaya kinuha ko nlang yung BC n inissue ng hospital and named her after my surname. But my problem now is yung father nia gusto ng pumirma and hindi ko pa naman naireregister si baby sa munisipyo. ano poh b ang gagawin ko para mailagay sa BC ng baby ko ang name ng father nia? and japanese din kc ang father nia. magkano din poh b ang fees kpag late registered n?

tnx poh and Godbless!!!

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Go to your Municipal's Office LCR and register her using his dad's surname. Don't forget to ask them about the one you made and signed in the hospital if it was already registered. Pray it has not yet..

nan 4 years ago

gud pm. Nagpunta ako ng municipal kung san ako pinanganak,then pinaayos kung bc kasi may pr0blema sa apelyido. Nung 4,12,12 pa, nakalagay sa resibo pnadala na sa west triangle, pwde b ak0ng kumuha ng authenticated s sm Business center .or kailangan pa sa west triangle thanks.

nan 4 years ago

gud pm. Nagpunta ako ng municipal kung san ako pinanganak,then pinaayos kung bc kasi may pr0blema sa apelyido. Nung 4,12,12 pa, nakalagay sa resibo pnadala na sa west triangle, pwde b ak0ng kumuha ng authenticated s sm Business center .or kailangan pa sa west triangle thanks.

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

You can get it on any NSO office or SM Business Center. Let's hope the corrected one was entered already. :)

rose 4 years ago

hello i want to ask about my marriage contract clerical error with my middle name i went to the civil registrar here in my city i also done paying for the 160 money order at the post office going to manila NSO. why until now i still did not get my marriage contract with correction? ilang po ba talaga ma approve online ang my correction? please help mo po kailangan ko talaga ang marriage contract ko as soon as possible

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Cases like that really takes longer time probably about 3 months or more to receive that correct and adjusted document again. Just be patient.

Sigrid 4 years ago

hi there! i was just wondering if anyone could help me with a problem my husband is facing right now.i'm going to sponsor him soon, but in his birth certificate, they put female as his gender instead of male,his name is Jackie so that's probably the reason why. What steps should he do to get it changed? thanks in advance :)

piper nina 4 years ago

hi! Ask ko lang po kung ano ang dapat kung gawin, kasi po napa reg ko po ang anak ko ng gamit na ang surname ng father nila khit hindi pa kami kasal tapos yong tatay po nila hindi po naka pirma sa bcert. Pero ngayon kasal na po kami 1996 po ang birth year ng anak ko kinasal po kami is 2001. thanks in advance

Marie 4 years ago

Gud am!ask LNG po about s non registry ng mother q s nso,nkakuha po ng negative record n nso mother q papers n kaylangan for abroad pgpasa po s embassy denai po dhl fake dw po.with power of attorney katunayan n wla po record mother q.pwd po b mangyari un?nagtataka LNG po aq dhl un po ang reason bt denai mother q at hnd nbgyan visa.salamat po at reply soon as possible thanks....god bless!

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Sigfrid A change in gender in the birth certificate usually require lawyer to make a court order about the change. Go to the Mucipal Office where your husband was born and go to the Local Civil Registrar’s office. Tell them about your concern and they will gladly tell you the next steps and what is best to do. Thanks and good luck.

@Piper I don’t see any problem with that since your child is using his father’s surname naman

@Marie If the result from NSO was negative, it means your mom has no record in the NSO database and there are many cases like that since there were wars before or during the early times, NSO system is not yet computerized like today. You must have submitted a NSO authenticated copy of your Mom’s BC in the embassy but since you submitted a negative one, it was worthless so they denied your mom. What tp do is make an appeal and apply for a visa again. But before you do that, let your Mom’s BC first be registered in the NSO so when you get one, the result will be positive. Do this by going to the Municipal Office where your mommy was born and go to the LCR (local civil registrar) office and tell them you had negative BC result in the NSO. They will then fix your mom’s BC by endorsement. They will give you a letter which you will forward, it contains your mom’s certified true copy of BC and a letter of endorsement requesting for NSO Main office to input your mom’s bc in the database. Just wait for about 3 months and your mom’s bc will be in the NSO computer na. I hope so. :)

Marie 4 years ago

Thank you very much po s concern about my question!Japan embassy po wla n pong appearance as now,ganun nlng po ggawin q like u said po at iapply nlng po ulit s embassy.about po s agency n ngasikaso ng papers kylangan p dw po tumawag s embassy ang husband q Japanese pra sbhn n mgppasa ulit..need p po b tlga tumawag s embassy?bka my idea p kau about dat.

rusianabernadeth@gmail.com 4 years ago

hi, what do you mean NSO main office ? it is in Dumaguete or Manila?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Marie Oh you used an agency in processing your application in Japan? They must have told you about your Mom's BC in the first place. That's somewhat strange. Yes, if you need to re-apply, you have to contact the embassy just to make sure if you can apply again. Some embassies kc require time frame regarding the next application.

I have no much idea about visa application in Japan but my friend only applied via agency and she told me, the Japanese person who is sponsoring you is the key to your visa approval. Let him submit complete documents and requirements in the Japan embassy.

@rusiana NSO Main Office in Quezon Avenue near Merced and Quezona Ave station

Marie 4 years ago

Gud afternoon po!gusto ko po ireklamo ung agency na palpak ang pagasikaso sa papers ng mother ko,saan at kanino po kaya ako pwede lumapit at humingi ng tulong.salamat po ulit at more power to your site....godbless!

leingcarles profile image

leingcarles 4 years ago

Gandang umaga ppo., ahm gusto ko lng po humingi nang advice about sa birth certificate q.,mali po kasi yung gender imbes Female naging Male po ang nkalagay sa nso birth certificate q., i was born in manila but im currently now in cebu., is it possible po ba na dito q nlang sa cebu ipapa file ang petition? Thanks po! Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks ulit!

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Marie you can reach out to NSO or DTI about the agency service

@Leing you can ask a lawyer to do everything on your behalf so you won't need to go back to Manila and he or she will process a file order about your correct gender.

lea 4 years ago

hello, appreciate your post, it's very helpful. yung case ko naman po is that my father was born in samar so for now impossible po na umuwi sya para magpa-endorse po sya sa LCR nila. is there any other way para maprocess yung late registration nya?

Abby Tcruz profile image

Abby Tcruz 4 years ago from Hagonoy, Bulacan

good afternoon,ano po ba ang mas mabilis na paraan para makakuha ng late register birth certificate?Sa bicol po ako pinanganak pwede po bang dito ako magpagawa sa bulacan kahit hindi ako dito pinanganak?hope you can answer my problem thank you po.

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Lea it's a pleasure, thank you. You can try to request for the endorsement and go to Samar by letting him authorize you on his behalf. But I don't know if they allow authorization for late registration. If your father cannot (as in cannot) go home to Samar, I'm afraid that's the other option.

@Abby you need to go to your hometown. I don't know if it's possible to process your late registration to somewhere else. Thank you

michelle 4 years ago

hello po tanong kulang po sana no record po ako sa NSO pero nag late register po ako kaso nung kumuha ulit ako CB sa NSO ganon parin andami kunang nagastos pero hanggang ngayon ganon parin no record parin ano po kaya ang dapat kung gawan patulong nman po , salamat

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Go to your LCR from the municipal's office in the hometown where you were born and ask an endorsement for your BC. They will tell you what to do. Thanks!

profile image

prnces2001 4 years ago

Good Morning po Ma'am/Sir, okey lang po ba yun na sa live birth ng anak ko po ay walang naksaulat na father niya po duoon N.A.(Not Applicable) po ang nakalagay dun ang sabi naman po kasi sa munsipyo ay okey lang po.at sa totoo po mas pabor pa nga sa akin na hindi na isulat yung name ng father at saka may ibang family na rin po yun eh..at naka registered na po xiah yung green pa lang po sa munsipyo po..yung sa NSO wala pa...Ma'am/Sir okey lang po ba talaga yun?salamat po...sana hindi mag ka problema ang anak q pag dating ng panahon sa mga papaers niya...salamat po ulit..please reply po..

God Bless..

Edward 4 years ago

ask ko lang po kung ilang weeks ko pa bago makuha yung death certificate ng father ko nung june 20 ko pa kasi yun inapply until now wala pa rin. namatay siya kasi sa ibang bansa pero nakarehistro na sa nso yung death certificate niya.

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Princess If I were to ask, it is better if you listed the name of your child’s father to avoid problems in the future like when he goes to school, or gets passport, etc. Anyone without a father’s name on paper is like anyone who doesn’t exist and registered properly and completely. Even if you don’t want to list the father, at least do the right thing. Or else your child will be nameless or fatherless in paper. We are talking about papers here right? Relationship and support is another thing.

@Edward usually 3 months or more. Just apply it on NSO asap.

J'lyn 4 years ago

Hello guys,pls send me your advice and opinion.

my scenario is this.. i just got my marriage license from Local Civil Registrar and the problem is i just realize that the Birth Place input of my information is the Place were a currently reside not the place were i really Born.. my marriage contract license had the wrong information about my Birth Place what should i do? cause i will get some passport and visa is it possible that i could be able to get passport and visa without correcting my birth place on my marriage contract??HELP send me ur opinion guys i need it..

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

you can get a passport without your marriage certificate if you are a guy and have enough documents required other than the MC. However, if you are female and you want to use your spouse's surname, you need to submit the original authenticated NSO copy of your MC too. For visa, birth certificate are requested when needed and also the MC.

I think you must have fixed your MC details in the LCR before you applied for passport and visa to have all documents and records consistent and avoid denied applications in the future

maritcha 4 years ago

hi, ang problema ko po wala po akong middle name sa birth certificate from nso and im using my fathers surname and nasa birth certificate ko ang name ng mother ko, im applying for a passport and they want a copy of my birth certificate from local civil registrar kaso lang sa subic, zambales ako pinanganak and im here in dumaguete city, negros oriental, malayo-layo po kasi..may ways po ba kayo para ma contact ko ang LCR sa subic para ma ka kuha ako ng birthcertificate ko sa pamamagitan ng internet?

cabansag marivic 4 years ago

hi,, i want to know what's the result of my nso being process,,the problem is the namre of my father is my mother`s name likewise of my mother,,i cant get the specific answer in google search,,i just want to know if the processing i s done..

Dianeshiela 4 years ago

hi po, ask ko lng po kung my typo error sa name ng mother ko at middle name ng father q pede po kaya magpagawa ng affidavit muna with supporting documents na misspelled lng. tatanggapin n po kaya ng DFA yun? Pero irereport ko pa din po sa civil registrar ang worry ko lng po eh baka matagalan ung pag updte nila eh i need to get a passport immediately kya affidavit muna sana. At nagbibigay po kaya ng letter ang civil registrar na on process n ang pag re-entry ng tamang spelling? thank you po

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Maritcha hi there. The best thing you can do is go to your LCR in Subic personally. I don’t think local municipalities have official online services because the Philippines don’t have the budget yet for that.

@Marivic Only you can follow up about the NSO processing is by going to the NSO where you have filed your application

@Dianeshiela you must wait for NSO to approved and note the affidavit in the authenticated birth certificate. DFA will only follow what’s written and noted in the BC released by NSO

Abby Tcruz profile image

Abby Tcruz 4 years ago from Hagonoy, Bulacan

Good day,i just want to ask ,i have an out of town late registration,i want to know for how long will it take to get the result,of my birth late registration.i hope you can help me to let me know about it.thank you :)

prnces2001 4 years ago

sir gud pm po..paano po kaya ma change yun ehh nka regestered na po xiah sa munisipyo sa samar yung original green po is on me taz e wait q nah lang po w/in 6 months yung sa nso copy nah po..pwede pa po bang malagyan yun sir?thnx po..please advise u po aq Sir..tnx alot po.

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Abby You're lucky if after a month you'll get it. :) My friend got hers after 3 months with lots of follow-ups included hehe

@Princess I'm a girl. :) What do you need to change?

dahlia 4 years ago

hi,just want o know what's the legal procedure if i want to change my kid family name?under mine..im a mother of 1 girl.when i gave birth her father was the one who fill up the aplication for her birth certificate.

were not married and seperated and i want her to have my family name..is that possible?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

yes it's possible but it will take a wee bit of long process like hiring a lawyer to change your kid's last name and processing the docs of changing it..in the NSO, LCR, court etc. Plus it would cost lots of money. Maybe 30,000 and above. Depends upon the lawyer's fee.

sheri 4 years ago

alam nyo po ba kung magkano ang bayad sa DHL ng UAE Stamp??.. thank you

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

IDK yet as I didn't yet file any. Maybe 1000 and above

Nestor 4 years ago

ahmmm ... ask lanng po? na ka request na po ako ng NSO Birth certificate through on line ... tapos ang result ay NEGATIVE . Paano po ito maipaproces eh kasi andito lang po ako sa Cebu tapos nasa Quezon City ako na registered based sa Live Birth ko?

kailangan po kasi sa school!

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

If the result was negative, it is pointless to use it since it indicates that you have no records found in the NSO database. You must go to your LCR (Local Civil registrar) where you were born and ask them to endorse your birth certificate so they will forward it to NSO Main in Manila and enter it in their database. After that, you can then get a positive result next time you ask a copy from the NSO

princes2001 4 years ago

Ma'am Good Morning po...ang tanung q po ay qng pwede pa po bang malagyan ng father's name niah po dun sa live birth eh naregistered na po xiah sa munisipyo ehh sa samar po iyun...maxado pong malayo dba pwedeng d2 nlng...pwede po bang gnun..but wlah po po xiang record sa NSO ng kumuha aq sbih 3 months but wlah pman po..anuh pokiah yung reason nun ma'am salamat po...late registered po xiah..2011 po.ang sabi nmn po dun sa in-chrage okey lang daw yun nah hindi lagyan ng father's name ma'am..ehh qng cnbi nmn niah nah di pwede qng blank cguro nailagay yun 4 sure...so ma'ampaano po ito dnah po bah pwedeng malagyan ng father's name po...maraming salamat po...mbuti may tao nah kagay mo handang tumulong sa mga gnitong problema..it is a big help....wait q po reply mo ma'am...maraming salamat po ulit..

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

The release of birth certificates takes time talaga. Usually more than 3 months after the request of input to NSO database. If you want to make a change in the document, you may ask a lawyer to make the necessary notes to it. Since your LCR is in Samar, you can find an agency in your current residence to process the adjustment in the birth certificate. Agencies are found everywhere in malls and market places. God bless. :)

Maria 4 years ago

just needed advice. My name on birth certificate was misspelled from PUY they entered PUEY... Got it changed at the local registrar where I was born. NSO came back and they just crossed out the letter E in PUEY. Will that be acceptable for immigration or would I need affidavits stating the change. What are my next steps?

Thank you in advance!

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Yes any government office here will accept it as long as it was authenticated from the NSO (yellow paper right now)

princes2001 4 years ago

morning po...ma'am ask ko lang po..posible po bah yun na more than one year na po di pa wala pa rin pong records sa NSO ang birth certificate/live birth.tnx po ulit.

aubrey0813 4 years ago

Hi.. Ask ko Lang po my mom and my dad doesn't have record to NSO they were born in Samar in early 1950 my mom is 1956.. I'm trying to get them here in US.. What should we do to have them a record and also they're marriage certificate.. Please I really need help..do they need to go to Samar or is there any way just to process in Manila.. Please I'm waiting for the answer.. Thanks...

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Princess yes it is so common. Some people even have no records in the NSO for 20 years and more. In that case, you need to go to your LCR and endorse your birth certificate to NSO Main so they will enter it in their database. Thus you will receive a positive result next time you get a copy.

@Aubrey They need to go to Samar (at the municipal’s office covering their place of birth), go to the Municipal’s LCR (Local Civil Registrar) then ask the registrar copies of their birth certificate and marriage certificate. Tell the registrar about your parent’s case. They will surely know what to do as cases like this is so common. Then they will give you endorsement letter, sealed in a mail enveloped addressed to NSO main. This letter contains their request and your parent’s BC or MC. Once this letter was received by NSO, they will input and enter your parent’s documents in the NSO database. It takes time though. Some cases see results after 3 months. Some longer than that. You can then get copies from any NSO office nationwide or SM Business Centers of your parent’s BC or MC. If the result is negative or no records, then that means NSO main didn’t yet make action from the letter you sent them. You can make a follow up by contacting NSO in Manila.

There are local agencies that assists people in cases like this. I’m just not sure if it’s hundred percent sure. I mean, it is still best to have real certificates and papers and process these important documents ourselves to make sure we get the real genuine ones. God bless!

lav 4 years ago

ask lng poh kc ung birth certificate ng ank ko d pa nkaregister tpos d ko sure if nkaregister na kc nanganak me through lying in private i was not able to pay the full amount of the giving birth so my mother decide that the iwan ko muna ung birth certificate blikan if mkabayad n kmi..kya lng poh ung surname nya is s dad nya pero wlang bisa ung kasal namin so kelangan pplitan ung surname nya.

vanzzy 4 years ago

hello i just wanna ask how much is the processing pay to correct my mothers name xah NSO qoh?? plsss need your help thankxx

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Lav you can check by going to the NSO and request a copy of it. If the result is positive, then your child is registered officially. Thank you and God bless.

@Vanzzy In correcting names in the NSO, the price are different depending on the lawyer. Find a very good and kind lawyer for that :)

Joshua 4 years ago

ask ko lang po kung pnu kumuha ng nso ng rush kc within 2 days keilangan na po eh!

Aubrey0813 4 years ago

Thank u so much for the info.. Really appreciate it.. More power to you....

leingcarles profile image

leingcarles 4 years ago

hi! ask lng po ako ulit dahil may bago daw pong law Republic Act No. 10172 yata yun about sah correction of entry pwede rin po ba yun e.apply sah maling gender nang birth certificate?? hindi q kasi gaanong maintindihan yung sinabi nang kaibigan q., tnx po.,

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Joshua you can have it after 15 minutes by going to any NSO office and paying the appropriate fee

@Aubrey it is a pleasure :)

@Leincarles I don’t know the exact law about that yet but you can go to your LCR office and ask about it. For wrong genders, it is usually being fixed easily. The LCR will advise you for that for sure

rey 4 years ago

good day... ask ko lang po, sabi nang firend ko pwede na daw po kumuha nang birth cerificate sa mga city hall? totoo po ba yun? need ko po kasi nang birth certificate para sa passport application ko.. kung meron na nakukuahang birth certificate sa mga city hall pwede po yun gamitin sa pag apply nang passport?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

There are times NSO do services at the city hall but birth certificates are really issued at the NSO

haa 4 years ago

can I get my NSO in cebu but I born in manila ?

Robby 4 years ago

can anyone help me? my father encountered a problem about his NSO . we only receive his Negative Birth record and he is scheduled this coming september 27, 2012 at DFA to apply for his passport but according to DFA he needs his Birth Certificate authenticated by NSO !! what should i do guys please help me... i need your help as soon as possible thank you in advance .....

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Haa yes you can get your NSO birth certificate by going to any NSO centers nationwide

@robby Please read the article above. I have discussed the ways what to do when you had negative birth certificate. It is discussed at the last part. :)

mariankrish 4 years ago

hello po ...late register po ang baby ko, ngayon pinapakuha ako sa NSO ng no record, pwdi po ba ako kumuha sa NSO sm city clark kahit hindi na direct sa NSO san fernando? tnx po in advance

apolonia 4 years ago

Hi! .....paano ko po papalitan yun name ko sa NSO? kasi po yun birth certificate ko po ay iba ang name ko, may affidavit po ako ...ang problema ko po outside the country po ako meron po ba sa website ng NSO para magpalit ng name ko at ano po ang requirement? Thanks

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Marian yes SM Business Centers now serve NSO services like getting birth certificate, CENOMAR and the like. You can get one to any SM and NSO nationwide.

@Apolonia sad to say, no website to process change of names and other matters about changing and adjusting NSO records currently. You need to do this personally. It is really time and money consuming.

mj joveres 4 years ago

hi po ^_^

maitanung ko lang po kung maari ko na po bang makuha ang birth certificate ng anak ko she just 2months old

nakaregister na po kaya sya sa NSO?

coz they say after 6months pa daw pwede ko na daw itong makuha from NSO

but we're rushing coz we need her birth certificate from NSO

coz we need it to report of birth

could any one help me?please

thak u in advance

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

yeah usually after 6 months before the authenticated birth certificate will be released from the NSO database. You can request to expedite it at NSO main maybe

jc 4 years ago

hi, i just want to know lang if how to obtain a CTC authenticated by NSO na BC kasi my son had a negative record pa from NSO. the thing is he needs to apply for a passport asap kasi he's booked for a flight by the end of the month na. i dont know what to do anymore as im only asking relatives to do all of this for me. they're also lost. ang nakalagay kasi sa website ng dfa is a CTC ng bc issued by the local civil registry auth by NSO. ano ba yun? is this the one from te hospital din but stamped by NSO? please let me know asap thank you in advance

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Since your child had negative BC it means you need to go to the LCR in the Municipal's Office (the place where you child was born) so the registrar will indorse it. Once you are at the LCR office, they will gladly help you in your problem. Authenticated BC is a major requirement in getting a passport so you really must fix this thing or your child can't travel abroad.

TO EVERYONE: I can only accept comments posted in English from now on. I am required to. Thank you. :)

lovely 4 years ago

hi I just question how many months did it take the processing of Clerical errors and middle name because I do nagkabaliktad a letter with your name went on the middle name (vice versa) if processed from tacloban to NSO QC?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

usually 3 months from experiences I heard

ivysumajit 4 years ago

hi! magkano po ba ang processing fee pag sa LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR ko po ipapadala ang papers ko NSO for REd RIBBOn?

bert 4 years ago

what will happen if i submitted fake birth certificate to SSS?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Red Ribbon for NSO BC I think it's P100 per document

@Bert I think they will charge you for falsification of documents. Submitting personal documents to any government offices require genuine and real documents and members usually sign under oath that the documents they submitted are real.

april 4 years ago

Hi po,

My baby was born in Yemen last year and we had him registered in Phil. Embassy Riyadh on Oct. 01, 2011. Until now negative record pa rin sya sa NSO. What if missing na yong record niya? Pwede bang mag-file ako ng delayed registration gamit ang original report of birth niya?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

Yes I think you must register him again so that this time his BC will be entered in the NSO database. That way, whenever you get one, it will no longer negative. Since you registered him in Riyadh, it will be better if you register it now at the NSO main office

april 4 years ago

Thank you for responding. We are now in Cebu, can we just register him here ni NSO Cebu? or really have to go to NSO Manila Office?

jhen 4 years ago

hi po maam good day hope you can help me my question is can i get my birth certificate in nso after one month since im registered?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@April you can try to request your LCR (Local Civil Registrar) in Cebu to register your son. They would endorse his BC then to the NSO Main. It will be mailed via courier. I think it takes 3 months or more when you will see a positive result as to when the BC is entered in the database. If you know someone in the NSO, it could be expedited.

@Jhen yes you can get a copy anytime from the NSO anytime you need it.

reyda 4 years ago

Hi, I'm having an issue with my BC. I am an illegitimate child so from birth i was using my mothers's maiden surname, until I was in high school my father decided to change it to his name, so that was 2005 when I started using it up to now. He already filed the affidavits of acknowledgement and all needed req. to LCR....but now when I applied for NSO BC online they sent me my old records, the one with me using my mothers surname. I badly need help how I can settle this issue since I need my BC for passport application, I cannot make my career wait just for this. This has greatly caused me big frustration:'(...

Kindly please advise!

profile image

red design 4 years ago

hi..can i ask an advice about my birth certificate which is i have a lacking information about my parents specifically their middle name. currently im about to apply for my board exam in PRC .. is it valid? or i need to file for an additional information? what will i do regarding this matter? thank u

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

@Reyda you have 2 options here: 1 is to use the surname that is on your NSO BC now and change all your records at school following that name. It will be easy for you to get passport using that BC then. Or 2 hire a lawyer to re-file the necessary affidavits and notes for changing your surname according to your dad’s. Then endorse it again to NSO Main and wait for another 3 months or more before it will be entered in the NSO and changed to your surname now.

@red To be consistent, ask an attorney for additional notes to your BC regarding your parents middle name. Fix that now or have problems in the future.

reyda 4 years ago

Hi thanks for your reply, so if I'm gonna be using my moms surname do I still need to put my fathers name in the passport application form?

Will it not complicate things if I did or can I just leave it blank since I declared illegitimacy.?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

You must fill out the passport application form according to the info from your BC. DFA always follows what is written in the BC. Don't put any other info not listed in the BC you are submitting. DFA will get your BC at your first passport application

reyda 4 years ago

Thank you so much! God Bless you:').

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

You are welcome always :)

liezl 4 years ago

gud pm po sir query ko lang gaano po ba katagal ang pagkuha ng panibagong nso dahil nagkaproblema sis q s dfa, ang nso nya birthday nov 19, 1970, sa lcr ang BC nya ay nov 19, 1969 at nov 19, 1969 po tlaga cia...nag aplay na po cia ng panibago ang wish po sana namin ay makuha po agad ngaung dec din.slamat po....

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 4 years ago Author

You can make a follow up about it at NSO Main Office. When they tell you it's released, you can then get it to any NSO nationwide

dave 4 years ago

in payment option,how do i know my 10 digit reference number,and how my application is accepted in online application?

alou 3 years ago

helo po..ask q lng po nagpacorrect po kc aq ng birth certificate namin ng anak q, pinadala po un sa manila last november 2012, ngaun po need q na makuha ung nso bc namin mag ina para makakuha na kmi ng passport kea lng po wla pa daw sa database nila..need q na po tlga makakuha un..anu po gagawin q?

daniel 3 years ago

helo po kailangan ko ng tulong ninyo kc po kukuha po ako ng passport kso po ung bc ko d po clear ung apelyido kc po kukuha po ako ng passport.

profile image

Alessej 3 years ago

hi I need your help.I want to apply a passport but I have a problem.Mali kc ung middle name ng Dad ko sa BC ko.Panu po ba ppChange un?help me nman po.

gie 3 years ago

hi.. i already submitted my endorsement for the ligitimacy of my child.. we sent it tru LBC last May , 2o12 .. but until now manila still not forwarded the data in Lipa,and my youngest child doest not have Birthcertificate but my eldest have it already.We sent our request in same date..can i use again the copy of my endorsement if they need another request.tnx

jb28 3 years ago

can i request and get my brothers birth certificate in sm malls???

mizna 3 years ago


May i know how can i.get a copy of my.Birth certificate if i am here in other country?Thank you.

me-an 3 years ago

can i apply for passport even if meron akong petition for correction of entry sa birth certificate ko? yun middle name ko kasi mali yun spelling. thank you.

Nica 3 years ago

Hello. I made an online application at ecensus.com.ph for my birth certificate and cenomar. My name has an MA. (with a period). Previous birth certificates issued by nso also has this so this is what im using. At ecensus.com, they do not allow dots or periods on names upon typing, so i ended up with MA instead of MA. Will this have a bearing on my requested documents? Thank you very much.

Ana 3 years ago

I have a son born on 2006 but still don't have birth certificate.. Where is nso office? After I go there then I will go to LCR? I will put his name under mine. The child is my own and the Japanese father abandoned us.. Im residing at makati but i gave birth at a hospital in sampaloc manila. In getting birth certificate do i have to look for the doctors who assisted the delivery of my baby? or do i have to go back to hospital and ask for some documents certifying that i gave birth there? After I get the late registered birth certificate I would ask an attorney to put my son's surname under my boyfriend's surname under adoption. Is it ok even we are not yet married? If the adoption went well does the new birth certificate is going to state that he is adopted?

julie 3 years ago

hello po ask ko lang po at kailangan ko po ng tulong asap po!

important lang paano po ba kumuha ng certificate to proof that in not married??

at ano po mga kailangan?

i need some help po please help me thanks!

ay and how long po??

rica 3 years ago

Hi po..pls help me, nd ko alam kung double register b ako, meron po akong 2 birth certificate, ang isa gamit ang surname ng nanay ko ang isa naman po sa tatay ko,nd kc cla kinasal agad, mag first yr college po ako need ng birth cert. from elementary to high skul surname ng father ko ang gamit ko pero ng kumuha aq ng birth crt. sa NSO surname po ng mother ko ang nakaregister, nagpunta ako sa civil registrar nmin binigyan lang po aq ng authenticated birth cert. ang nakalagay surname ng father ko, nu po gagwin ko,db po NSO ang tinatanggap

JR 3 years ago


Pano po makakapagrequest ng death certificate kung hindi po alam ang date of death? We (me and my mother) were abandoned by my dad for more than 10 years and we assume that he may be dead. We are his legal family. We need to get death cert (if there is) for legal transactions involving real estate properties.


mary jane nance 3 years ago

hi.... i just want to know if my child Keisa Lynn B. Nance is registered in the philippine coz i gave birth here in kuwait a nd i already have a Philippine psort for her.

profile image

stressmom 3 years ago

hi I would like to ask,kasi naka register yung first child ko under my name pero pero ni recognized naman ng daddy nya kasi nag sign naman sa likod ng birthcert nya yung father,nag hiwalay kami ng guy then i got a new bf and we had a new baby,my present bf dont want to register our baby as my 2nd child,gusto nya ilagay sa birthcert ng baby namin as 1st child namin kasi di nya naman daw anak yung first kid and to protect rin daw his reputation, pwede po ba yun?will nso allow it?i need immediate response po sana.thanks

habib 3 years ago

hi, my child sent already her petition in main office of NSO. then how can i get it faster if im not going in manila the main office of the NSO becouse im here in mindanao and i don't no manila i don't no wear im going.

roel 3 years ago

im seeking help.... i have only 2 and half months left at mag papagawa palang ako ng late registration ngayun i have to habol for filing for board exam on october 25 do u think makakahabol pa po ako sa makati city..??? makaka release ba agad ang nso ng copy? how many weeks ang hihintayin ko po? thanks

aiza 3 years ago

hello!!! can i get the birth certificate of my sister?

eirhok 3 years ago

good day ask ko lang po ung requirements sa out of town late registration ng birth certificate? tnx

jane 3 years ago

hi can i ask how to change last name my daughter cuz i register her bc as my father surname ''then i just aply my bc now as late register ''then i find out i can't use my father surmane cuz my parent not married ''in he died already 'so he can sign at the back of my bc 'so my bc now register as my mother surename '' we need or passport

please help me

god bless in thank u so much

Carles 3 years ago

hi! itatanong ko lang po mga ilang days po bah ang pag process po sah clerical error nang BC? Gender po yung mali sah BC ko tapos sa manila po ako nkaregister but dito na po kami sa cebu ngayon nkatira... pwede po bang dito sa cebu ko na lang po ipa process yung mali sa gender nang BC ko kahit sah manila po ako nka regsiter?

ARNARN 3 years ago

ask ko lang po qng panu ipa change ung name ng mother ko sa BC q po kci nkalagay "ANALYN" na dapat po ay "ANALEEN" so panu q po ito eppachange i need to get a passport po ei asap .... tnx sa reply :)))

christine 3 years ago

Hi,tanong ko lang po kasi magkaiba yung date of marriage ng ate ko sa BC nmin,ano po pweding gawin dahil mgpapass po kmi ng BC sa embassy for proof na mgkapatid kami.

Paulo 3 years ago

Hello, pano ako makaka kuha ng kopya ng birth certificate ng Lola ko ipinanganak sya kasi sa Hawaii. Japanese yung mother nya at Filipino ang father nya. Salamat

nhico 3 years ago

Ask ko lang po yung sister ko po kasi aft college kinailangan po ng nso copy ng birth cert para sa pagkuha nya ng tor.nung pumunta po kami dun naissuehan po kami kya lang po male ang gender nya sa nso copy.mula ng magaral po siya female.sabi po kasi ng father ko nung nirehistro nya sister ko dahil magaaral na ito ng grade 1 wala daw record yung sister ko sa cityhall,so since walang record sa cityhall pinarehistro nya yung sister ko kya eversince magaral xia yung rehistro na yun ginamit nya.tanung ko lang po panu po nangyari na male sya sa gender nya sa nso copy ibig sabihin po may record na nagkamali ang lcr at iyun ang naipatala sa nso?bakit din po sinabi sa lcr nung ipinarehistro po yung sister ko ng father ko na walang record na merun naman kaya lang male gender kya nung sinabi na walang record sa lcr nirehistro po ulit siya na yun naman ang ginamit nya hanggang nagkolehiyo.pahelp naman po kasi di po siya makapagapply ng work dahil wala po siya tor at need po niya ng birth certificte na katunayang female naman po siya.merun po ba amendment sa ganitong case or correction/affidavit na pagpapatunay yung copy na nirehistro ng father ko at yung nasa nso copy iisa lang po at di po male instead female.

jonah 3 years ago

hello po.. ask ko lang po kase ngapply ako ng nso birthcertificate ng baby q.. ngreply na sakin ang nso na within 2-3days ang delivery.. kaya lng wala po akong atm o credit card to payment via card.. pwde po ba ako magbayad ng cash at saan? slamat po.. plsssss.. help me...

Gerard 3 years ago

Ok lang po ba kahit hindi ko alam unf birthplace ng parents ko? Ayun lang kulang ko na info sa mga sinabi niyo. Pero alam ko na po lahat. TIA!

Archieta 3 years ago

Hello,I just want to ask if i can use my approved petition for correction of clerical error of my birth certificate from Local Registrar as a supporting document for renewing my passport.

isaiah 3 years ago

hi good day to you!! inquire ko lang po, sa private hospital po kasi ako nanganak, at di ko natanong na kung kelangan pa iparegister ang ibinigay nilang BC ng anak ko sa munisipyo, late ko na po kasi naalala dahil may nagtanong at halos mag 1 year na rin po.. at marahil po, dahil may nakita na po akong signatures dun sa baba na nakalagay ang mga pirma ng municipal civil registrar at admin officer with registry number, enough na po ba un o kelangan pa pumunta ng munisipyo, sobrang bother lang po ako..hehe.. salamat po in advance.

Rean 2 years ago

Hi.. Ask ko lng kung mgkano kumuha ng nso birthcertificate s sm business center. Thanks

Esteban A. Marcelo 2 years ago

ask ko lang po kung may mas mabilis po na processo para sa clerical error. mali po kasi yung nakalagay na middle name ko eh. thanks po

anne 2 years ago

hello po, ask ko lang po kung ano yung pweden gawin with my prob, about my birthcertifiate, before every time na kukuha ako ng bc, the nso here in subic always released my bc with October 21st 1987 as my birthdate and Maite Hermosa Bataan, my birthplace.. which is the one i used eversince, last 2010 nagpapassport po ako,isa po sa requirements nun ung nso birthcertificate so I gave them the copy of my bc wth the date of October 21st 1987, then nagrequest po ulit ako ng copy mga October or November 2010, then nung makita ko yung bc ko April 21st 1988 na po at San Mariano Isabela yung birthplace kaya nagulat ako bakit ganun,, lahat po ng documents ko is October 21 1987 yung birthdate ko, then last year Janaury 2013 nagrequest nanaman po ako yung isang birthcertificate na naman po yung binigay nila, yung oct. 21 1987, very confusing po, then yesterday march 19 2014, nagrequest po ulit ako ng bc and gusto ko po sana yung nirelease nila before na ginagamit sa mga documents Id's ko like passport, voters Id, sss pero yung nirelease nila April 21 1988 nanaman po,, kaya tinanong ko yung girl sa nso bakit every year iba iba yung nererelease nila.. ang kailangan at gigamit ko from the start e yung October 21 1987.. kailangan ko po kasi para sa US Embassy

cindy 2 years ago

hello po..ask ko lng po sana f pwde my mother ko kukuha jn sa officenyu ng marriage contract at birthcerticate ng anak ko ngttrabaho po kc ako s ibang bansa.kailngan po ba ng authirization letter? thanks po

Jo 2 years ago

Hi i would like to know if possible p mabawi ng asawa ko un finile nya na affidavit of admission of paternity recently march 13,2014. Napilitan lang syang gawin un. Salamat po. Napilit lang sya nun babaeng tumukso sa knya. Salamat p0

emac show 2 years ago

Hello Po kukuha po ako ngayon ng NSO ko poh..San po pwede kumuha ..sa mga SM po Meron po ba DUn o CIty hall ng Manila...? Sana PO Maguide nyo po ako kung saan MAs MAlapit na NSo salamat po..caloocan PO ako nakatira ..Nagwowork po ako manila..salamat po ulit

Jennifer 2 years ago

Good day!

We made An error on My son's birth certificate, my mother had ask a copy of his birth certificate but it says that my son was not registered while I was in Dubai I let my mother handle the situation and she was adviced to do the late registration so we actually did and registered him by then my son is using this late registered birth certificate until now but then recently we tried to get a copy of his BC in NSO unfortunately two birth certificate came out with the almost the same information which is actually his first registered BC, so now the NSO had blocked both birth certificate. Please I would like to know on how I'm going to fix my son's BC. All his school records & passport was bases in The late registered birth certificatie that My Mother had Applied, his using this already 7 years now even going in & out of The country with The paspoort bases on The late rigestered birth certificate. I would really really appreciatie of you can help me & advice me on how to undo or to unblocked the BC his using now. Please thank you hope to hear from you soon.

pyts 2 years ago

Hi good day,

I just want to ask if ok lang ba na d ko na nilagay ang father's name sa BC ng anak ko. Tapos ngayon po plano ko po na pa puntahin cxa dito sa ibang bansa. Paano po om ba un? Na ngayon po mag process na sana kami ng passport nya. Am I allowed po ba na maka process ng Passport? Ung ama ng anak ko ay wala na kami simula ng pinaganak ko cxa. At hindi cxa pinoy shrilankan po cxa at may pamilya na rin ang tatay ng anak ko. Pls I need your advice.

tatZ 2 years ago

kkuha po sna aq ng new birth certificate n may correction na, dhl may error s middle name q, naaus q n po d2 s provnce..mga ilang days po b bago q mkuha ung new bcert q..mag aaus po kasi aq ng passport..

genny 2 years ago

kumuha po ako nag NSO, tapos pagdating po negative siya, din pumunta ako sa Civil Registrar process again, pagdating sa NSO ko negative pa din.. tapus process again at the last time, positive piru nagkamali mali na, Yong Female Naging Male na, Tapos yong sa parents ko lahat mali na yong spelling. paano ba yan, sa CB ko tama lahat, pagdating sa NSO, Nagkamali na lahat.

susan 2 years ago

Hi po, gusto ko pong kumuha ng passport ang problima ko po sa NSO ko ang name po ng father ko zosimo. Ang totoo po yang spelling sosimo. At iba din po ung name nya sa local felisimo. Anu po dapat kung gawin. Sss id lang po merun ako at nbi.

Rea 2 years ago

Hi Sir, I need your help please. what will I do with this. My mothers maiden name ON MY birth certificate is "Loida Perez Lopez". However, what appears on HER OWN certificate is "Loida Torres Lopez". Torres is the Middle name of her Mothers' Name. Anong process po ang gagawin ko? I'm planning to apply a passport and I think this will be my problem - Discrepancies on my certificate. :( please help me. thank you.

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 2 years ago Author

Bring your mom at the LCR (Local Civil Registrar) office where she was born and tell this problem. They may issue endorsement for the correction of it and it may take few weeks for the correct info to be adjusted finally at NSO database. But at least it will be solved and info of her and yours will be consistent :)

Luzviminda E. Yusa 2 years ago

Attention: E-Census

I ordered my parents Birth Certificates and paid at BDO-Daet, Cam. Norte. When it came, entries in my mother's birth certificates were correct just as i had stated in the application form online, but to my father, PASCUAL AGSAMOSAM YU entries in his parent's names was INCORRECT, instead of my grandparents name, your encoders placed the name of my father, as his father, and the name of mother as his mother? Correct entries for my father's mother is MAXIMINA AGSAMOSAM and to my father's father, correct entry is PABLO YU. I send complaint ONLINE since eve of Nov. 12, 2014 but up to this time no response yet? Batch Request No. is 0542-1008-6600-0108

May Espineli 2 years ago

Hi, just want to ask if how much will be paid for the nso authenticated birth certificate if delivered door-to-door?

noel 2 years ago

Hi, i just want to ask about my wife cousin they were three brothers and don't have BC..there both parents are already deceased.mother late 90' and father early 00'.due to lack of knowlegde and education they'll never have chance to register their siblings until both died..now the three brothers wanted to have their own BC for there local employment purposes.i help them to have an affidavit cortesy of our family Attorney on my side..then some advise that it can file to the nearest NSO satellite branches to file their late registration..and no need to go the municipal were they born..( the first sibling born in Quezon City, the two remaining siblings are in pangasinan) and living for 14years in san pedro laguna... now they do still need to go to their municipal were they born to file there late registration of BC??they can actually file to nearest NSO Alabang, Muntinlupa if possible?

delskie 2 years ago

Hello po tanong ko lang gusto ko sanang kumuha ng passport kaso may clerical error sa BC ko, napaayos ko na sya sa local registrar pero sa data base ng NSO hindi parin, as in mali padin spelling ng last name ko, pwede kaya akong makakuha ng passport pag ipapakita ko lng yong documents na galing mismo sa NSO na naifile ko na at naayos na ng local registrar?

maricel 2 years ago

hello po,help po ninyo ako tungkol po s BC ko dhil subrang lito ko n po,,nka graduate po ako ng high school s probinsiya nmin n hinde ko po alm kung may BC po akong nagamit,,dhil noong nag aaral po ako ng grade 1 ay dala ko pong surname ay s tunay kung ama..nang ilipat po ako ng nanay ko s lugar ng step father ay pinalitan po nila ang surname ko,,kya dala ko po hangang ngaun ang apelyedo ng step father ko...nabuhay po ako halos dku kasama both parents ko,,kya po humihinge po ako ng tulong or advice kung anu po dpat kung gawin,,pwde po ba ako mag pagawa ng late BC ko..anu pong mga requirements ang kakailangan pra mag process po,,mraming salamat...

Mae 2 years ago

Hi I need to know if corrected surname of birth certificate is a late registered or not

Please I really need answer thank you

kate 2 years ago

I got my registered birth certificate last dec.27, i just want to ask if i can already go sa nso office to get my authenticated birth certificated cos i need it for my graduation...thank you

Joan 2 years ago

Hello po I need help gusto ko mag apply ng work, but nag kamali ang birth and date ko sa NSO paano mapadali mapaayos po. I need answer thanks..

mhai 2 years ago

may expiration date po ba yung nso birth certificate kz po kinuha ko pa po xia nung 2004, pag dinala ko po ng dfa tatanggapin pa po ba?

mhai 2 years ago

hello po, sa NSO BC po my surame po ako, kya lng po no name po, inayos ko na po sa LCR kung saan po ako pinanganak, makukuha ko po sa Jan.23, iaacept po ba ng dfa yung nso ko na noong 2004 ko pa po nakuha surname lng po, at no name po, at yung galing sa LCR na may name na po, sana po masagot nio po, thnks po

angel david 2 years ago

Good Day!

Kukuha po kami mag-asawa pati ang anak ko ng passport mga 1st quarter this year. Ang concern ko po ay yong NAME ng mother ko sa Birth Certificate ko ay ibang spelling sa spelling ng name nya na nakalagay sa marriage contract ko. Iba din spelling ng name nya sa birth cert ko sa birth cert niya since she have her name already corrected sa birth cert niya.

Need ko pa rin ba ipa correct ang name ng mother ko sa BC ko? O pwede po kaya na e-submit ko din ang BC ng mother ko as supporting document para makakuha ng passport?

Anjo Abaratigue 2 years ago

Good day!

I have a problem with my BC. My name doesn't appear on my NSO BC. I already went to LCR an now I just want to ask if the endorsement letter coming from the LCR expires?

Coz I haven't follow up it to the main office for 2 years, and now I want to have a copy of my NSO . Should I re-apply for another endorsement from LCR or should I go now to NSO main office?

Your quick response is highly appreciated. Thanks so much. God bless!

elsa 2 years ago

hello..ask lng po..

last may 29 2014 nag file po ako ng aking middle name clerical error in davao but until now i always follow up pero wala pa raw.. so i ask some advised para mas mapadali ang pagdating she told me to money order in lbc so i pay another

500 something pero sya po yung pinadalhan ko nang money para sya ang mag pa lbc..kasi nandito po ako sa cagayan de oro..ask lng po ilang buwan ba talaga mag process nang clerical error?or pwede po bang mag e-mail nlng there in nso manila to ask ang kaso ma entertain po ba..so i need some of your advise plss help me.. kasi kailangan ko na po ang passport as soon as possible

michelle 2 years ago

H. Ask ko lng ung about sa birthcertificate. Kc po ung sa lokal bc ko ay tama po lhat ng identification na nkasulat dun pero nung kumuha po ako ng nso bc ay meron pong eror i think po nso error po ang nangyari,..kc ung apelyido ko po sa local bc ko ay cabarles and un po ang tama...pero pagdting po sa nso bc ko ung lumabas po ay carbales..and sa mga mother and father ko na nman o ay tama ang apelyido nla cabarles nman po ang nkalagay dun sa nso bc ko..paanu po un

jiw a 2 years ago

Hi! Im glad i found ur site. Would like to see if you can help with this. I have this problem kasi my nso bc does not clearly show my first name (naka type sya just above the word first name). But my local copy of my live birth maayos naman nababasa lahat ng details.what do you think I should do about it po? Thanks sa reply.

rinela 2 years ago

hello i want to apply pasport soon to get a fiancée visa where i can follow up my birth certificate-may mali quasi sa birth ko at pianos kona nun november first until now wala pa i need your help!!! thank you

Leny 2 years ago

Hi I'm Leny, I've already ask and process at NSO local to block my 2nd registry last dec.12, 2014 but until now hindi pa rin na block ang 2nd registry ko..please help reply how many days or months will take effect the cancellation of my 2nd birth certificate...pls..pls..I need it for my passport processing

Nikolaj 2 years ago


My girlfriend is visiting, and she applies for a passport. The passport office needs her NSO BC original, and she gets it and gives it to the passport office. She is told that she won't have the original returned (for some reason).

She then realize that she has to have another NSO BC to the embassy for visa application. So she visits the NSO again to get another BC original.

However, now she gets a BC with a different Last Name and place of birth!!!

It turns out, that her mother (with whom she's been estranged for 7 years or so), some time after my GF's birth, married a man and obtained a new (I suppose forged) BC with the new husbands last name and his province (Leyte) as place of birth.

In the process, she even changes her first and middle name (slightly).

My GF never knew of this, and has everything - bank accounts, ID, School diplomas etc. - and now passport - in a supposedly fake name (and in regards to the passport, a different place of birth).

Coming to visit me, she will need to provide the embassy with her passport and birth certificate (of which her current original does not correspond to the information in the passport).

So she goes to the NSO again to ask if they can help, and the lady there tells her that it's the new (original) BC that is valid, and that her old (the mother's) is invalid. However, she can get an original of the invalid one for 12,000 php before it is "locked" The lady even suggests she gets two originals (12,000*2) so she has a spare!!!

Being from a country with virtually no corruption, this enrages me greatly!

My solution to the problem is that she gets one "original" that is in accordance with her passport, visit me, and then after she returns, we begin having her documents - her identity! - corrected so we won't have any problems like this in the future.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to how you would approach this?

twentyfive profile image

twentyfive 2 years ago Author

Hi, she has the same situation with my brother. My brother got NSO BC and all details were correct and he was able to get passport years ago. For first time applicants of passport, they really get the original NSO BC.

Then this year, my brother had to get new NSO BC for his visa application. But when he got his NSO BC, it turned out his first name bears different spelling. The details in the NSO BC are cursive while the one he got years ago that has all correct details are all type-written. The NSO explained he had 2 BC stored on NSO database and the NSO recently had a system clean-up. Apparently, they removed similar copies of each BC. The only wrong thing they done is they never verify the correct BC to remove from their system. That is why many people are now having same issues.

My brother went to the Local Civil Registrar to correct and make adjustment for his wrong spelled name and they forwarded the request to NSO main via courier. Luckily, we know the LCR lady who forwarded the request and she told us they would do everything to expedite the release of the correct NSO BC. As of now we're still waiting. It has been a week so far.

12,000 fee you mentioned here seems too expensive. I don't think you ever need to pay that amount for an error like this.

At least she now has a passport. For speedy solution, her BC must follow what was stored on her passport record from the DFA. So, I suggest, use that one that she submitted from at the DFA. Again, I don't think you need to pay 12K for that request. If you ever do need to, make sure they issue you authentic Official Receipt bearing the NSO seal. If you have time, verify if the transaction is legal by going to NSO main office.

Nikolaj Winther 2 years ago

Thank you for your advise, twentyfive.

I looked into some legislation, and first-names are corrected by default (almost)

But place of birth and last name - no.

I won't be able to accompany her to the NSO. But I don't really care anymore. She will come visit me and we will take care of it all afterwards.

Thanks again.

bry21 2 years ago


May error kz yung name ko sa nso birth certificate ko,pinaayos ko yun sa civil registry dito sea amin,ginawan po ako ng request para forward ko sa nso main office,march 2011 pa po yun,pwede ko pa po ba forward yun ngayon kahit matagal name o papalitan ko po ng bago ung request letter?thanks po

brendaly 2 years ago

were i can get day to day processing of marriage certificate...as in now na

rahul 2 years ago

hi sir

I got a very serios situation.my mother was a phillippina and my father was a Pakistani national,after my mother give my birth than my father tooke me away to Pakistan,i study and grow up there.i just know my mother name and province only as my father never tell me a lot coz he was scare that I might will left him to go and be with with my mother,after my father passed away I travel to phillippines to find my mother but no more,i don't want to go back to my father place Pakistan and want to stay here in phillippines,how I will do late registration as I don't have any documents and don't know my mother family.what I need to do sir ,please help me

camille 23 months ago

Hi,ask ko lang po,yung hubby ko po need kumuha ng passport,kaso ung name nya mali ng 1 letter,his using Jisryl but in his Nso Jesryl po?hm po kya magpabago?ilang days po bago makuha ang Nso nya at dapat pabang umuwi sya ng pangasinan?hope you read this and help us.thanks

Roze 23 months ago

... So I actually went to the NSO place cos its right around the corner to my work place but I spent most of my afternoon there instead of resting for my next shift only to be told to return to collect my cenomar a few days later... Worst part is I've lost the receipt that proves I spent all the time and effort (and the money) getting it.... What can I do now? Is all lost? Is it just better to start all over again? Online is a problem for me as I have no current permanent address... Please help! I need this done within the month!

Riz mendez 23 months ago

Hi I was looking for a solution for my mom's nso problem and I saw this page..anyways my concern is this, my mom is going to apply for a passport it's her first time so gathered necessary documents for passport application and then we got to nso and they said that it was negative bc. My question is how come it became negative since my mom already has an nso before for my dad's retirement application. Please help we dont want to go through again lcr and endorsing bcoz it will take too long she needs her passport asap

drinz 23 months ago

hi!! my error po kasi ung gender ko sa nso .. pero sa dito sa civil registrar samin wala namn pong mali ... what should i do poe!!!!!

Charmaine 22 months ago

Tanong ko lang po sana. Ano po ba dapat kung gawin kasi po ang nakalagay sa NSO-BC ko ay Male po gender ko tapos sa LCR-BC ko po ay Female kaso po kukuha po sana ako ng LET EXAM this August? Tatanggapin po ba ng PCR ang self at joint affidavit na pinagawa po naming? Salamat po.

Nicole 22 months ago

Applicable pa rin po ba yung pwedeng kunin yung birth certificate the day na nagrequest ka din? Like, pwede bang hintayin yun mismo sa araw na yun para makuha?

may annn siriban 22 months ago

Hi..ask ko lang po kung pwede po ba akong kumuha ng birthcertificate ko po kahit hindi kasal ang mga parents ko ..baptismal lang po kasi ang ginamit ko nung nag aral ako kaso kailangan pang maki usap para mapayagan ako..ngayon po kailangan ko po ng BC ko.

levi 21 months ago

Gud day p tanong kulang po sana pwd po bang ma iconfirm po muna bago ako mgbagad kasi baka lang po hindi po kasi ako sigurado kong na erihestro po b nang kapatid ko ang una at pangalawang baby nya po.

RISA BARTOLO 21 months ago

Hi po,tanong kulang po,kc ung BC ng anak ko,ang nkalagay dun hindi pa po kami kasal ng asawa ko.tapos ngun po gsto ko palitan na kasal na po kami,pano po palitan at san ko po pwedi palitan?at mgkano po bayad?kc po dnya magamit ung philhealt ng asawa ko kc ang nkalagay dun hindi pa po kami marrage,7years napo kami ng asawa ko kasal piro dpa po napalitan sa BC ng anak kuna marrage na kami.ang nkalagay kc po sa BC ng anak ko.not marrage po.

jesus nacional 20 months ago

hello goodmorning ,mag ask lang ako if pwede ba ang gamito anfg philippines statistic auhority,para makakuha ako ng passport,,i need ur reply thanks

jayson dayandante 20 months ago

sir/mam just wanna ask if how long will it take to forward the death certificate of my mother from lcr to nso. we need urgent copies from nso to claim benefits from gsis. my mother died last june 6, what iz the best we can do

janneth 20 months ago

hi po,ask ko lang po,pano po ba pag walang valid id,pwede ko po bang makuha ang nso birth cerrificate ko po?

mayet 19 months ago

ask ko lang po if pano kung walang bank account para maka bayad saonline order?

cristina 18 months ago

hi. gusto ko kumuha nang Nso BC. kaya lanq wala ako kahit anunq id ehh. sa SM po ako kkukuha. anu pa po ba anq pede konq dalin para makuha ko unq BC ko. tnx

lady mara agorilla 17 months ago


i'm lady mara agorilla..and i have a problem in my birth certificate,

in my last name..

in my nso birth certificate it was AGORRILLA while im using since birth is AGORILLA and im filling it to the local civil registrar last sept.21,2015

what should i do to make it fast to release'???

cheska 16 months ago

hello po ...can i ask? i just register today in city hall of birth certificate of my daughter and its late registered because i give birth her dec, 18 2011 so how long can i get the authenticated BC?

Mikasneg 2 months ago

Hi po, ask ko po anong requirement para i correct yun mispelled name ng husband ko sa BC ng anak ko at pati na rin ang middle initial ko na magkahiwalay Dela Cruz po sana kaya lng nakalagay sa BC nya e de la cruz

    Sign in or sign up and post using a HubPages Network account.

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked. Comments are not for promoting your articles or other sites.

    Click to Rate This Article