New employee job orientation tips
Making new employee orienation great!
Employee orientation is an exciting time for a new employee, but it can also be a very stressful time. The new employee is learning about the new job they will be doing and is getting acquainted with the people they will be working for and with. They learn all of the procedures, company origin, goals, policies, and the many rules regarding the particular job they will be doing. In addition to the common company tour, there is the the part where the new employee is integrated into their new work environment.
There is a lot that needs to be completed when a new employee is to be placed within a company, so it is in the company's best interest to make it as smooth as possible and to make sure the employee gets a lot out of their orientation. No company wants their new employee to question their decision to join the company at the end of the first day of training. Unfortunately, all the facts and figures packed in that first day make this happen occasionally.
Tips for a great employee orientation!
So how can you make the orientation process a fun one that will not scare new employees away? Here's some suggestions:
- Don't show too many boring orientation videos. Split them up by days. Once you lost the employee's attention, it may be hard to get back.
- Don't have lengthy lectures. This is just another thing that can bore the employee to the point they aren't going to remember much of anything said. Playing games as icebreakers is always a good idea!
- Make sure to have everything prepared such as e-mail address, employee handbooks, job description, and supplies needed to perform the necessary job functions.
- Make sure that first day of work seems like a celebrated thing because it is. This person is taking a new step in his/her life, so let them know it is a good thing and that you are glad they are there.
- Make sure you allow the employee to take a break from lectures, videos, and handbooks to observe the job they will be doing. Allowing them to see the actual work they will be performing is very important if possible.
- Introduce the employee to different co-workers on different days. Through this, the employee can become familiar with the people within the company and their respective functions. This helps them get to know their co-workers better and giives a break from ongoing lectures and videos.
- You must get feedback from the new employee. This allows them to have a hand in improving the company orientation process, and therefore makes them feel more a part of the company.
Orientation should be fun, not boring!
By following these suggestions you will make a less boring and more successful employee
orientation. One result will be that the company will have a less nervous new
employee who is able to listen carefully to the goals of the company. An, of course, the employee will also strive
to succeed for the company that was welcoming them with open arms!
More by this Author
If you are looking for some bible verses about death, here are a bunch for you to check out...
It is so wonderful that we have the Biblical promise that God will provide all of our needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:19). These are a bunch of verses about how God will provide for our...
Do you need to request a continuance for court? Here is a sample letter that you can use.
How do you do your employee orientation?
No comments yet.