High Demand Jobs in New Jersey
Employment Predictions 2014 - 2016
The Top 20 Fastest-Growing Jobs in New Jersey are dominated by the
- Healthcare Industry and
- Animal Health Care Jobs,
according to the Federal Government predictions through 2016.
A variety of other occupations complete the Top 20 List, providing a wider range of working options in New Jersey. Separate job listings gathered from all Internet sources of job postings doubled in four years ending in January 2014. Additional increases in jobs are expected through 2016 and thereafter.
Interesting New Jersey Bridges
Connects New Jersey and New York City at lower Manhattan.
Significant Jobs Increase January - June 2014
High Demand Jobs in New Jersey Listings Continue to Increase
Increase in job listings statewide.
- January 2010: 94,000 jobs listed across all sources on the Internet.
- December 2012: 153,000 jobs advertised across the Internet.
- January 2014: 177,000 job openings posted.
- June 2014: 214,900 job vacancies listed.
- November/December 2015: 200,000 jobs listed.
- July 2016: Over 100,000 job listings.
The following are the highest in demand around the state:
- IT Engineers and Managers
- Truck Driver and similar positions: increase in openings throughout 2015.
- Registered Nurses (RN) - includes Travel Nursing.
- General Dentists
- Dental Assistants
- Dental Lab Technicians
- Dental Technicians
- Dental Hygienists
- Insurance Benefits Consultant
- Project Managers
- Certified Nursing Assistants (Patient Care Techs - new title, new training, higher wages)
- Automotive Technicians
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Project Engineers/Managers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineer - Aerospace
- Quality Engineers - Aerospace
George Washington Bridge
Largest Employers in New Jersey, by the number of total workers in employee pool annually:
- SANOFI-AVENTIS US
- CONTINENTAL AIRLINES
- PRINCETON UNIVERSITY COLLEGES OF MEDICINE and DENTISTRY
- VIRTUA WEST JERSEY HOSPITAL
- HACKENSACK MEDICAL CENTER
- SILVERLINE BUILDING PRODUCTS
- CAREER NETWORK AFFILIATES INC
- NEW JERSEY ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE
- PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL INC -- One of the companies listing the most jobs.
Commodore Barry Bridge
Top Hiring Companies 2014 - 2016
- Dentalworkers Classifieds
- Swift Transportation
- Telereach Corporate
- Watkins Shepard Trucking
- Genesis Healthcare
- Barnabas Health
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bank of America
- Bayada Nurses
- JPMorgan Chase
- Verizon Communications
- United Planning Group
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Robert Half Technology
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
The Pulaski Skyway
Additional NJ Employment and Travel Data
- Business and Jobs in South Jersey
The term "Southern New Jersey" or "South Jersey" refers to a large Metroplex of 8 counties that is examined for labor statistics each year by the federal, county, and local governments. Philadelphia is to the west and NYC to the east, with many caree
- Fun and Attractions in Union City, New Jersey
A former coworker in employment services and education was born in New Jersey. He takes his wife and children there every year to enjoy the attractions. He has observed, especially from 2000 - 2012, that the shoreline of New Jersey in the bays along.
- Greatest Places for Photography USA - Kingda Ka Roller Coaster
Some of the greatest places in America occur at the top of the highest curve on a roller coaster track.
- Hot Jobs on the Jersey Shore
What do the people on the TV show "Jersey Shore" do for a living and what will they do the future? The job options in New Jersey provide a good menu of selections.
- Thomas Edison's Home State: Health and Finance Jobs in New Jersey
The Top 20 Fast-Growing Jobs in New Jersey are dominated by veterinary services and Healthcare, but include positions in insurance & financial products, research, political science, religion, education,...
Sports Related Opportunities in New Jersey
College and High School
- Princeton Tigers
- Rider Broncos- Lawrenceville
- Seton Hall Pirates- South Orange
- New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association
- High School Internet Network
- Atlantic City Surf (ALPBC)
- Camden Riversharks (ALPBC)
- New Jersey Cardinals (A)- Branchville
- New Jersey Jackals (NLB)- Little Falls
- Newark Bears (ALPBC)
- Somerset Patriots (ALPBC)- Bridgewater
- Trenton Thunder(AA)
- Trenton Titans (ECHL)
- Red Bulls [MetroStars] (MLS).
- New Jersey Devils (NHL)
- New Jersey Gladiators (AFL)
- New Jersey Nets (NBA)
- Women's Professional Soccer - BlueSky
Arenas and Stadiums
- Meadowlands Sports Complex - East Rutherford
Local Education for High Paying Jobs
Higher Education In New Jersey
- Bloomfield College: Bloomfield, NJ
- Burlington County College: Pemberton, New Jersey
- Caldwell College: Caldwell
- Camden County College: Camden, Blackwood, Cherry Hill
- Centenary College: Hackettstown
- College of New Jersey: Ewing
- College of Saint Elizabeth: Morristown
- County College of Morris: Randolph
- Cumberland County College: Vineland
- Drew University: Madison
- Essex County College: Madison, Teaneck
- Felician College: Lodi, Rutherford
- Georgian Court College: Lakewood
- Gloucester County College: Sewell
- Helene Fuld School of Nursing: in New York City on Madison Avenue
- Hudson County Community College: Jersey City
- Kean University: Union
- Mercer County Community College: Trenton, New Jersey
- Middlesex County College: Edison
- Monmouth University: West Long Branch
- Montclair State University: Upper Montclair, New Jersey
- New Jersey City University: Jersey City
- New Jersey Institute of Technology: Newark
- Ocean County College: Toms River
- Passaic County Community College: Paterson NJ
- Princeton University: Princeton
- Ramapo College: Mahwah
- Raritan Valley Community College: North Branch
- Richard Stockton College of New Jersey: Pomona
- Rider University: Lawrenceville
- Rowan University: Glassboro
- Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey: New Brunswick
- Rutgers University at Camden
- Rutgers University at Newark
- Saint Peter's College: Jersey City
- Salem Community College: Carneys Point
- Seton Hall University: South Orange, New Jersey
- Stevens Institute of Technology: Hoboken
- Sussex County Community College: Newton, New Jersey
- Thomas Edison State College: Trenton
- Union County College: Cranford, Elizabeth, Plainfield, Scotch Plains
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey:
- Rutgers Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences: Newark
- New Jersey Dental School: Newark
- New Jersey Medical School: Newark
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School: Piscataway/New Brunswick, Camden
- School of Health Related Professions: Newark, Scotch Plains, Piscataway, Stratford
- School of Nursing: Newark, Stratford
- School of Osteopathic Medicine: Stratford
- School of Public Health: Newark, Piscataway, New Brunswick, Stratford, Camden
- Warren County Community College: Washington
- William Paterson University: Wayne, New Jersey
© 2007 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
Portsmouth is a Top 10 City in more than one category! People find it a fine place to live, to learn, and to love. Sustainability, environmental preservation, and outdoor recreation are tops!
Philadelphia enjoys a healthy job outlook in Insurance, Healthcare, Information Technology, Travel, Trsportation, and Services.
Which phrase is correct in proper English grammar–"in person" or "in-person"? Is it an adjective or an adverb? The answer depends on context.