Reasons Your Business Needs an Online Newsletter
Are you thinking about having a newsletter done for your online business? A newsletter on the internet can do a lot for you whether you’re a small company, large organisation or a one man (or one woman) show. Not sure how to do one? No worries! You can find skilled copywriters to do this for you. A great writer will get to know your business and learn about your target audience so that they can take on the task of being the voice of your company.
A lot of online businesses utilise a regular e-mailed newsletter to converse with their customers. Even if you’re not a large business, starting a newsletter could help you grow your businesses by leaps and bounds. Those who don’t have a mailing list are sending potential customers away empty handed but by capturing e-mail addresses of all your site visitors, you’ll give yourself plenty of opportunities to make sales and collect repeat customers.
Reasons for an internet-based newsletter:
- Site traffic that doesn’t buy from you the first time they land on your site could be enticed to come back. If you let them simply click away from your site without trying to get their e-mail address and agreement to opt-in to receiving communications from you, you’re leaving money on the table. A lot of companies miss the boat when they don’t try to capture an e-mail address from a site visitor that does not buy. Just because they don’t buy the first time they arrive on your site doesn’t mean they are lost. Enticing someone to join your newsletter list could help you capture repeat business from existing buyers and first time orders from site browsers.
- Your newsletter will tell customers and potential customers about promotions, product launches, sales, and share other important messages you want to share. You can use it to up sell and switch sell as well as build brand loyalty.
- Newsletters can offer loyalty rewards and coupons that can convert browsers to buyers even if it takes a little bit of time.
- Regular communications help you to spread the word about contests and upcoming events for your company.
- Pitch your readers on new products with product announcements, press releases and more. You can also use the newsletter to entice subscribers to refer friends as well. There are a lot of ways this communication tool can be used as a sales tool.
How do I get subscribers?
A newsletter doesn’t have to be complex and you can easily get subscribers through multiple methods. It doesn’t have to be fancy and contain graphics either if that’s not what you want. There are software programs that are free and fee-based on the internet that can manage your subscribers, your newsletter distribution, and your unsubscribers as well as provide you with detailed reporting about your subscribers.
You can capture subscribers through opt-in or squeeze pages on your site and through contests or giveaways. Even a small giveaway or contest could result in a large list of subscribers. You can also sign people up through other sites as well as through advertising.
Six Steps for Writing a Great Online Business Newsletter
An online newsletter is often a simple e-mail sent to people. So how to you turn an e-mail into a great newsletter? Here are some tips:
- Provide real value. Interesting and useful information will keep people interested.
- Send it on a regular basis so it becomes habitual for your subscribers to get it.
- Include an enticing teaser in the subject line so that people will open your message
- Include a teaser about the next issue so that people will anticipate future issues (and this can reduce unsubscribers)
- Break your newsletter up into sections. Use plenty of white space and make it scannable. If it’s one long email of text, people may lose interest fast but if they can scan through it and find something that interests them, you have a much better chance of getting them to the call to action near the end.
- Make sure you have a call to action. Your newsletter should be valuable but it should also benefit your business by guiding readers to action. It’s better to have more than one opportunity to click through to a website ‘buy now’ page as well. Offer readers several opportunities to learn more about what you’re discussing in the newsletter by enabling them to open a new page or tab to view more information about your products and / or services.
You don’t have to be a large corporation to have a newsletter that works for you and an expert copywriter can look at your business and help you create a newsletter that will increase your sales and your profits.
This hub brought to you...
by Julie-Ann Amos, professional writer, and owner of international writing agency www.ExquisiteWriting.com
Why not create your own HubPages? It's fun and you can make revenue from Adsense and other revenue streams on your pages. JOIN HUBPAGES NOW - SIMPLY CLICK HERE...
This work is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or send a letter to CreativeCommons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California94105, USA.
More by this Author
For some people, one of the most horrible experiences that they can have is to find a garment that they absolutely adore only to see those three terrifying words sitting there on the tag... "Dry Clean Only." Those three...
Popular Pubic Hair Styles as a hub went only so far... it focussed on the Ladygardeners among us. BUT... "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do," they say – and that used to be a simple motto to live...
Jamie Oliver – also known as the ‘Naked Chef’, Jamie Oliver is a very popular television celebrity known for cooking and absolutely nothing with being nude. He didn’t even agree with the title of the show, but...