How to Look SEXY On Camera
Perhaps you want to begin keeping a video blog, need to host an online video seminar or (more likely) you have just been asked appear on Oprah. Whatever the situation, you want to look great on camera. Perhaps even sexy.
Following are ten, often overlooked, but important tips to remember when you appear on camera.
1. Don't constantly wet your lips. If you're being interviewed on TV, drink two glasses of water beforehand.
2. Don't rush your responses. It's okay to pause before you speak. Better to have a pause than an "umm", "uh" or an answer that doesn't express what you want to say.
3. Don't obsess about how you look or what people think, tap into your passion for the information you want to share and go for it. Authentic passion is sexy.
4. Don't forget to breathe. Before you begin shooting take several, long deep breathes and let them out slowly. This activates the parasympathetic nervous system and will help to calm you down.
5. Avoid pulling on your ear, scratching your head, placing your finger in front of your lips, and I don't care what you have read, never EVER suck your thumb. Yes, it's comforting, but please.
1. Use short sentences with active verbs and personal anecdotes that bring your words to life.
2. Spontaneity is important, however if there are certain points you want to get across, practice a few soundbites that express them in a pithy, dynamic way.
3. Smile! When it feels natural a smile can bring you to life on camera and draw the viewers in. Don't smile constantly or you will look like you were sniffing markers backstage.
4. Use any nervousness you feel as energy for your delivery.
5. Use your vocal variety. Vary the tone and rhythm of your speech. Practice this at home on camera beforehand.
Michael Sean Kaminsky is an author, video blogger and filmmaker. He recently wrote the book Naked Lens: Video Blogging & Video Journaling to Reclaim the YOU in YouTube which teaches readers to use video to increase self awareness, self expression and achieve success with online video.
No comments yet.