Participate in a Workplace Communication, Part 12
After Successfully completing all the Learning Objectives from Part 1 up to Part 11, you may consult this hubs for the answers.
Check your answer with the answer key below. If you fail to get it right, refer back to the corresponding resources until you make it perfect:
NC 1: RECIVE AND RESPOND TO WORKPLACE COMMUNICATION
LO1: FOLLOW ROUTINE SPOKEN MESSAGES
Information Sheet 1:
- E Mail sounds of bells
- Sign Language symbols
- Signals colors
Self Check No. 1
a. 1 d. 3 g. 9
b. 6 e. 2
c. 4 f. 8
Information Sheet 2:
A. Activity 2:
Self Check No. 2
INFORMATION SHEET NO. 3:
A. Activity 3 (possible answer)
- a. First, I will acquaint with the people by introducing myself. Second by telling where I work and mentioning what the company is endorsing. Through this I can win prospective customers.
b. Another option is by providing brochures or any reading materials
that could advertise the product of the company.
- I will call a meeting then prepare a note on what is the seminar about: a).the topic b) content c) the importance of the seminar.
- I will prepare a written report about the seminar attended (the topic,
content and the importance of the seminar)
- In describing a tool, the following must be observed:
a) Tell the classification and function of the tool/device
b) Inner part of the tool/device
c) Mention the outer part
Hydrometer is a device used for measuring specific gravity of battery electrolyte. It has three parts namely: rubber sucker; glass tube and
- I choose this course because I know that this is the key to my success. I think it will help me to find a better job in the future.
Self Check No. 3
1. keep the message simple
2. make sure it is not too noisy to hear what is being said
3. speak clearly in an open and neutral tone
4. be straight forward and to the point
5. sit or stand so that you directly face the person whom you are talking or listening to.
6. maintain eye contact
7. use polite opening and closing greetings
8. be patient
9. show interest
10. use words that the people you are speaking can understand
11. listen carefully to the conversation so that you get the right message.
1. listen not for above but for meanings
2. avoid unconscious projection
3. focus on the message
4. do not interrupt
5. control your emotional responses to language
INFORMATION SHEET No. 4
I. The students will have a role playing about in effective communication (Be guided by Info Sheet No. 4)
Self Check No. 4:
A. 1. They failed to watch the movie. Each of them felt disappointed.
B. 1. Poor listening – people who think that they know everything &
they don’t listen.
2. Ambiguity (words are not clear or with more than one meaning
3. Non-verbal communication which sends to opposite message to
what is being said.
INFORMATION SHEET No. 5
2. NS – The potatoes are usually cut into long strips, before mixing them in the main dish.
3. NS – we can easily connect the wood, However, nails are needed.
5. NS – The height of the highest post is about 40 feet.
6. NS – My fingers will be more attractive if I will apply nail polish.
8. NS – Chirping birds and buzzing bees are soothing to our ears.
10. NS – The screw driver is in the tool box inside the cabinet.
1. It got dark. Rain started to fall. We ran to the house.
2. Acacia tree make food firewood. They easily burn when dry. Some fine pieces of furniture are made of acacia tree.
3. In door plants are refreshing. Rooms become naturally cool and beautiful with them. Having plants inside is like having a garden in your room.
4. A stranger suddenly stopped me on my way to school. He was a stern looking man. I began to tremble.
5. It is planting season. People young and old have fun out in the fields again under the rain. They work, sing an play.
Self Check 5:
1. They listen to the instruction given by the supervisor.
2. Rina thanks her mother for the birthday gift.
3. I’m not sure if I will continue their course.
4. Go up and get the tool box in the cabinet.
5. Quick! The machine has bug down. Call the maintenance!
6. Tess! See you in court.
7. The applicants should go to the HR supervisor.
8. We shall meet tomorrow at six o’clock in the afternoon.
9. You can find all the references in the library.
INFORMATION SHEET NO. 6
1. The students will do a role playing.
1. take part in friendly conversation
2. to assist customer
3. to receive or pass an information or instruction
4. discuss problem
5. ask for information
INFORMATION SHEET NO. 7:
Activity Sheet 7:
1. Neighbors 9. preceding
2. sufficient 10. anxiety
3. interpreter 11. structural
4. price 12. meaning
5. shaking 13. prefix
6. accurate 14. structural
7. ability 15. house
Self Check 7:
Note: Refer to the technology instructor for the listing of terms.
LO 2: INTERPRET WRITTEN NOTICES:
INFORMATION SHEET NO. 8
Activity No. 8:
2. F educational research
3. F educational research
5. a supply and demand b. natural and man-made
6. a. inflation d. shortage
b. supply e. wages
c. demand f. Natural law/man n made condition
Self Check No. 8:
1. a 4. e
2. d 5. d
INFORMATION SHEET NO. 9
Activity Sheet No. 9:
1. a. fighting cock
b. training a fighting cock/requirement
c. requires skill, patience and deep knowledge of chicken psychology
2. a. Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet
b. tragic drama
c. Italian couple who died for love
3. a. birthday
b. eighteenth birthday
c. a day of both happiness and sadness
4. a. attraction
b. tourist attraction
c. taal volcano
5. a. furniture
b. furniture making
c. careful planning, well selected materials & fine craftsmanship
6. a. Joseph Conrad writing
b. Lord Jim
c. one of the most exiting novels
7. a. student
b. student of karate
c. should have strength, agility, patience and good supply of
Self Check 9:
- The student will be making a paragraph choosing one of the topics provided.
- 1. Executive Round Table Meeting
2. date: June 29, 2006
time: 11:00 am
place: Beacon room, Tower bldg., Makati City
Agenda: planning session of organization
- 1. request to have a complete list of model and specification for
a. horsepower/range of job function
b. commercial/homeowner equipment
c. contract samples/sales turns
2. the publication date for the catalog is scheduled in November, that’s why they need the data immediately
- 1. The brochure is giving complete information.
2. The brochure will help the clients to be informed of what the school
- 1. The briefing notes contains information about the person who will be
in-charge in the absence of the officer. It also fells the specific
responsibilities of the officer-in-charge
- 1. If I were the messenger of Miss Sanchez, I would give the memo to
Miss Sanchez for her preparation.
2. If I were Mr. Rico Almendaras, I would ask my supervisor in the
Sales Department to read the complete list of Kamagong Tractors
to Mr. Fabugas immediately.
3. As a parent, I would go personally for the school for inquiry.
4. As a worker, I would inform my fellow worker if they are interested.
Comments 4 comments
- Participate in a Workplace Communication, Part 11
INFORMATION SHEET No. 9: DEALING WITH PARAGRAPH The Technical writer should be careful about the length of his sentences. The amont of difficulty a reader experiences in reading a...
More by this Author
ACHIEVING COMPETENCE IN PRACTICE CAREER PROFESSIONALISM AND INTEGRATE PERSONAL OBJECTIVES WITH ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS WHAT IS PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT? PERSONALITY Many factors make a person unique in his or her own way....
LEARNING ACTIVITIES (First of 12 Parts) In order to achieve the learning outcomes stated in the learning material, you must follow the steps indicated below. Each step has a corresponding resource or specific...
Filipino workers are considered to be at par best if not the best compared with other workers in the world. They are resourceful, resilient, persistent and consistent. They are persevering and will do what it takes just...