Dont Read This! 99 Secret Persuasive Copywriting Quotes For Serious Online Producers - 60DC
Mind Control via Persuasive Copywriting
Do you enjoy repeating the same online activities over and over only to receive little to no tangible economic rewards?
Are you still flexible and curious enough to learn new techniques for writing effectively to increase your conversions, or are you the proverbial dog who cant learn new tricks?
If you already know all the rules about writing, if you still flash your college educated vocabulary at your online readers then you will only waste your time continuing further.
So go away, or dont...
Because, the truth of effective and persuasive copywriting rarely matches with your intuition or past education.
The secrets of persuasive copywriting quotes - paint an often counter-intuitive picture.
Online Copywriting meets SEO Copywriting | Balance ?
Let me tell you about a serious mistake I made in my online journey. Long before I had any involvement with the opportunities of making money online, writing was an integral part of my life. Early on, by all academic standards my writing efforts were effective, later, as a journalist and columnist, I felt great pride at conversations and mail that my efforts inspired.
When I began my online journey I clumsily believed that my style and approach to writing would be the same and would prove effective in generating income.
I was wrong.
You see, whether I liked it or not, once I began to write online I stepped away from being a "writer" and was in fact a Marketer. If I had to make claims to a "writer" word, copywriter is the best I could claim.
But I was a terrible copywriter, I arrogantly assumed that I would need no training or study - its just writing!
Very recently, I began pouring over the works of the most esteemed marketing copywriters in the trade and I stepped through the looking glass - continue should you desire to step through also.
Principle of Automatic Marketing via Persuasive Copywriting
First, I began to learn what marketing was and how it related to my online endeavors
'If its not trackable, its not marketing, its public relations"
Your prospect is like a piece of string that you must pull gently up a
hill. Never push a string.
If you find something that works, keep doing it until it stops working.
If you try it and it doesn’t work, you’re doing it wrong.
Promote benefits - not Features - lifestyle,image and emotion sells
there are no boring subjects, just boring writers.
Technical specifications make for boring copy, so the complete
list should not be included in the letter, just the highlights. But a complete list should be included somewhere. (on the effectiveness of authoritative/technical language, even if its not within the understanding of your audience)
Rephrase the most prominent benefits in the closing
Sell one product, one service. And be as specific as possible. Specialists make more money than generalists. Neurosurgeons make more money than general practitioners. The more narrow your focus, the better defined you will be
complexity is the enemy of communication
BECAUSE (one of the most powerful words in persuasive copywriting)
empty hype words; "You know these words well—words like “amazing,” “incredible,
“awesome,” the “best ever,” “colossal,” and the “greatest." ...are transparent and are the best way to dissuade your leads and conversions
The easiest way to make money is to have no competitors.
It’s better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small, struggling fish in a big pond.
These are the principles, that pop out to me as great truths and should be integrated into my online pursuits. These excerpts come from the works of Ben Hart, a Direct Marketer who created millions in sales with nothing more than the printed word. Direct Mail had always seemed bogus to me, but it persists because it is quite effective. Buy the book below to make the first step in improving your online efforts.
"One of the creative giants in direct mail today"
Killer Web Copy - Copywriting for the Web
One of the key components to good copywriting is to make your copy speak
directly to your customer.
Your copy should be written so that an average person can easily read it and understand it.
Copywriting is all about the power of words. It is the words that make all the
difference, not the layout. One of the fundamentals of copywriting is to write with
black lettering on a white background. This keeps things simple.
there are eight main ways to write a headline
You need to make it conversational, focused and simple. Many times the starting
paragraph is a story. People relate well to stories. Stories have a way of drawing
people in and making them feel comfortable
Many times writers tend to be sticklers for grammar, but in the case of copy, grammar is optional. Written and spoken English have almost two sets of grammatical rules. Go with the rules for spoken English when writing copy.
People respond to bullet points and they are often under utilized in copywriting.
People do not want to read through blocks of text to get to the main point so you have to give them the main points up front
Look for words that just seem to pull down the momentum of the text and
replace them with strong words
The Guru of Online Gurus
Triggers are an effective way to control your reader and encourage sales and conversions. Most, if not all sales letters you read will use some elements of this information in their approach.
Read why - what seems like the same tired method and templates proves viable time and again.
This book by Joseph Sugarman is a must have, there really is a magic method to online writing, and it keeps getting repackaged time and again for each new secret online product - buy it once and profit from your knowledge
Wrote the book on Copywriting - Literally
Six "Weapons of Influence"
Cialdini defines six "weapons of influence":
- Reciprocity - People tend to return a favor, thus the pervasiveness of free samples in marketing. In his conferences, he often uses the example of Ethiopia providing thousands of dollars in humanitarian aid to Mexico just after the 1985 earthquake, despite Ethiopia suffering from a crippling famine and civil war at the time. Ethiopia had been reciprocating for the diplomatic support Mexico provided when Italy invaded Ethiopia in 1935. The good cop/bad cop strategy is also based on this principle.
- Commitment and Consistency - If people commit, orally or in writing, to an idea or goal, they are more likely to honor that commitment. Even if the original incentive or motivation is removed after they have already agreed, they will continue to honor the agreement. For example, in car sales, suddenly raising the price at the last moment works because the buyer has already decided to buy. See cognitive dissonance.
- Social Proof - People will do things that they see other people are doing. For example, in one experiment, one or more confederates would look up into the sky; bystanders would then look up into the sky to see what they were seeing. At one point this experiment aborted, as so many people were looking up that they stopped traffic. See conformity, and the Asch conformity experiments.
- Authority - People will tend to obey authority figures, even if they are asked to perform objectionable acts. Cialdini cites incidents such as the Milgram experiments in the early 1960s and the My Lai massacre.
- Liking - People are easily persuaded by other people that they like. Cialdini cites the marketing of Tupperware in what might now be called viral marketing. People were more likely to buy if they liked the person selling it to them. Some of the many biases favoring more attractive people are discussed. See physical attractiveness stereotype.
- Scarcity - Perceived scarcity will generate demand. For example, saying offers are available for a "limited time only" encourages sales.
The Grandfather of Persuasive Copywriting
More by this Author
. What are the top breeds to act as family protection dogs? I can tell you right away, its not the Chihuahua!, although they fit ALMOST all the requirements, they are loyal, watchful, mouthy and very brave! But they...
Thousands of ebay sellers were recently angered by Auctiva.com's recent move to charge for their previously free service. I was in fact one of these sellers. Of course, Auctiva's service was never free, we all openly...
How to judge a sellers honesty/reliability via feedback: It would seem a rather easy system to understand, positive negative overall percentage read the comments make a decision bid or move on ...