Phoenix Life Coach: Martha Beck Training Review
Coach to the stars? Since first gaining national attention as a life coach while working with Oprah this Harvard educated coach has had enormous success as a writer of best-sellers and life coach trainer. Martha Beck, a Phoenix Life Coach has had incredible personal success but does that equal a fantastic training opportunity for you, the prospective life coach?
In fact, Martha's training courses and tele-classes are so popular, the only opportunity you may have to get a hold of Martha is through one of her pre-recorded tapings. For those of you fortunate enough to be one of the 25 students enrolled in her latest training sessions will have to opportunity to train remotely with one of the most famous and predominant thinkers in the coaching industry. It sounds like an incredible opportunity, but it comes with a price ($$ See Below)
So how do you know whether or not you should train with Martha? Well does this sound like you?
- When times get rough in your friends lives, they turn to you
- Everyone always comments as to how empathetic you are, how great your listening skills are
- When you think back about it, you have really been coaching since you could talk, you just didn't know what you were doing was called coaching!
- You have an innate desire to learn what makes someone 'tick'
- You can't stand watching someone stuck in neutral. You need to help them get their 'drive' back
- You have faced adversity yourself, and want to help others through their tough times
- You want the best possible life that you can achieve. Mediocrity will NOT cut it!
Did that sound like you? If so, you may benefit from Martha Beck's Coach Training. But what exactly makes Martha's system different (or better) from other coach training programs?
The key is Martha's first philosophy the each individual has the key to success tied up inside themselves. The coaches ONLY goal is to help them release that potential. By working with the client to find their blockers, you can help them succeed and start achieving their Wildly Improbable Goals (WIGs).
Martha's Coach Training is a little pricey though. Especially considering that Martha is a Phoenix life coach doing most of the training remotely. The training comes in at $6000 US plus and additional $775 for certification. But when you consider the depth of training you will receive plus the ability to do your training with one of the best in the world (plus Martha's and by extension Oprah's) brand names behind you can really be the kick start that your coaching business needs.
Things to keep in mind if you are considering this training.
- Getting certified by Martha Beck does not equal getting certified by the ICF. Martha views her style as "unique" and somewhat fluid and wants to maintain independence in how her courses are run. But not having the ICF credentials can potentially turn off some clients.
- More than other coaching programs, Martha's takes the time to build a strong foundation before forging ahead and working on attaining goals. Martha feels building this strong foundation gives the coaches the best opportunity for success.
- If you are considering doing the training, make sure you do the certification as well, the benefits for that extra chunk of money are huge including, using Martha's logo on your promotional materials (website included) access to a whole slew of coaching resources and discounts on future training.
All in all, despite the hefty price tag, Martha Beck's Coach Training seems to the be the system du jour. She has had plenty of opportunity to hone the system working with her clients (locally and globally) as a Phoenix Life Coach. There are plenty of positive reviews on the web and as long as you are aware of (and ok with) the costs and the lack of ICF certification, then this is a fantastic option to get you started in the coaching industry. Martha's philosophy is very down to earth and makes it easy for beginners to grasp.
But what do you think? Anyone out there have experience (positive or negative) with Martha's program?