PowerPoint is a great tool that is often mis-used by people doing presentations or lectures.
Here are some tips to structuring your PowerPoint to make it easy on the eyes and help convey your message. The embeded video (with sound) was created using PowerPoint in Office 2010.
Follow these simple rules:
- Stick to one font or two at most
- Be consistent with font size - headings can be larger and bold
- Use either white text on black background or dark text on a light background
- Use bullet points or numbering to separate items
- Each item should be a summary of the topic not the details
- Try and keep bullet points to one line
- Don't place text over graphics - they need to be easy to read
- If you use animation - don't drag it out - it can get annoying after a while
- Don't cover too many topics on a page - breaks allow the audience to absorb the subject without overwhelming them
More by this Author
While many feel that the information age started with computers - it really goes much further back.