Professionally Dressed Men:But Hygiene Challenged
Proper Hygiene for Men
How can one be professionally dressed but without proper hygiene care? Apparently it is practiced every day in our society on all levels. I have witnessed it in:
· Board Meetings
· Office Personnel
· Greeters in Stores
· Bank Employees
· Customer Service
· Receptionist (Male)
· Secretaries (Male)
· Insurance Agents
· Owners of Businesses
· Food Servers
My career established a vast opportunity for me to watch and learn from my workplace surroundings. Beginning with Information Communications to CEO’s of large companies, and all the in between work experiences.
First--- what is an unspoken topic in businesses and companies all across America? Professional men who are well dressed--- but who are “Hygiene Challenged”.
- Bad hair cuts or needs a haircut, and dirty hair. Men need to keep hair clean---shampoo daily.
- Not clean shaven, if one needs to take an electric razor to the office —please do it.
- Eyebrows needs to be trimmed—this should be done when one has a haircut.
- Nose and ear hairs should be eradicated.
- Men should pay attention to their skin—with facials to remove black/white heads.
- Nightly creams should be used for face and under eyes—when you are on display---put your best face forward.
- Make sure after each shower you use a Q-tip to clean out your ears.
- Make sure your nails are clean and trimmed. A good manicure would be great.
( After all if I have to shake a man’s hand I want a clean well groomed one touching mine.)
- Clean and white teeth with fresh breath. Take a toothbrush, toothpaste and mouth wash to work—and put it in your desk or locker.
- Keep your lips soft with Chapstick—use it daily—no woman wants rough lips kissing her, and it is part of good hygiene to eliminate dry, rough lips that could bleed if not attended.
- Deodorant—and get the type that will keep you smelling great all day with no sweat rings under the arms.
- No Cheap after shave lotion---I can smell cheap a mile away. The better brands are often on sale in malls—it is a good investment---and do not take a bath in it--- a little amount will do.
- Take a shower every morning and every night. Use liquid soap that has moisturizer in it.
- Make sure your toe nails are trimmed, and your heels are smooth and look as nice as your hands. You might need to try Heel Tastic on your heels and feet if they are rough and cracked this will heal them.
- And please wear clean underwear each day.
- Please wash your hands every time you visit the men’s room, and after eating and handling anything dusty or dirty.
Now, you are ready to dress:
- Clean and Ironed shirt.
- Clean dress pants
- Clean tie to accent shirt.
- Clean socks to match outfit
- Clean shoes to match outfit
- A clean handkerchief is never out of style.
- Suit coat or coat to match your profession.
Stop and look in the mirror--- I hope you will see an example of a “Well Groomed” man, ready to meet the public with an immaculate professional appearance
If any of the young professional men in our society today think they are fooling anyone by taking hygiene short-cuts; it is themselves that are fooled.
If you want to get ahead in your Career you will influence how the public, co-workers and superiors perceive you by being a clean, well dressed professional man.
It does not matter if you are a small business owner or a CEO of a Company if you deal with the public, then you need to put your best self forward.
Some will find this article absurd, but believe me it is a reality in America today. Open your eyes, and observe co-workers, supervisors, managers, owners and CEO’s. See if they pass the Professionally Dressed Men---But Hygiene Challenged test, you might be surprised.
PurvisBobbi44 is the sole author of this article and if copied anywhere else on the Internet or printed in magazines or books it was taken without written consent and is strictly prohibited.
Professionally Dressed and Ready for the World
Have you ever noticed a less than perfectly dressed Boss?See results without voting
© 2012 PurvisBobbi44
More by this Author
Congress and the Supreme Court failed the older Americans by not legally protecting them from Age Discrimination.
Nepotism lives in the political world, private and large businesses. It’s an uncomfortable workplace for other when favoritism exists and it is illegal in some government offices, condone in others.
Jesse Stone is still Paradise's Police Chief, he still drinks, he still likes women and he has a new dog.