Quick Optimization - The Basics Of SEO - Search Engine Optimization Techniques
Quick Start to On-Page SEO - Post-Penguin Tips
I keep hearing how people find on-page SEO an arduous and time consuming task. But actually, there are a few tags above others that need looking at and if you can cover these, the basics of On-Page SEO will begin for your site.
Here is a quick start guide on search engine optimization techniques:
- Your page target keywords should be in the TITLE and META TAGS of every page.
- META description and keyword tags are not as important as before for SEO but do include them as they provide important information on the direction of your web site. Some keywords should have an instance ONCE in each META KEYWORDS tag line.
- In your page content, one of the keywords should have 3 instances in the content – beginning paragraph, second and the last paragraph. Do not overdo keyword density and stuff pages with lots of related keywords. Instead use semantics: if you have a page on motorcycles, add words like bikes, cyclists, bikers, honda, yamaha, etc.
- Ensure that the keywords are not duplicated exactly across the pages. Each page should have tags related to the page in addition to your common seed terms e.g. money, books, phones, games, clothes, etc can all connect to phrase versions such as 'how to make money' or 'what is the best phone'. Use wordtracker to fish out the terms. Ensure each page is treated as a different web site as thats how Google reads your pages. Bold one or two instances of your keywords and links to relevant pages from others. In-site links help Google crawl your site pages and boosts PR.
- On the Product pages , place the name of the product in the META tags e.g. if you sell iphone games, place the name of the best game in the META tags.
- Only add 1 <H1> tag per page, you can use up to 4 or 5 <H2> tags. Ensure they are attractive and persuasive headlines containing relevant variations of your target keywords for that page.
- All images should have specified width and height attributes, does help with SEO. Also, each image should have an ALT tag which contains the details of the image and the page target keyword.
- Update your sitemap.xml file? Get a free one generated in seconds on a number of sites, type 'free sitemap' into Google. Upload it to your root server and update it every month. Google grabs a full index of your site when it scans this document.
The Basics Of SEO Analysis
1. Document Title
Your page TITLE tag should almost certainly not be missing and should quickly describe the page.
2. META Keywords
Use Google's keyword tool to extract your top search terms and ensure they are in the META keywords tag. Use competitor research, look at the top ranking sites for your search terms. Are you in the top 10? If not use SEO Quake to pick out the competitor keywords in their META tags and use them.
3. META Description
This should describe the page in about 150 characters and contain the top Google terms that relate to the page content. Ensure each page is unique, don't duplicate any of these tags.
On BOLDing and LINKing
Below are some recommended SEO tools to help you with this quick SEO analysis.
On each page, BOLD at least one of the keywords, and create ANCHORS on others. For example:
1. BOLD any keywords that reference the top search terms or product terms.
2. Link the page to other pages. This is powerful on-page SEO that will allow Google to crawl through your pages. Hyperlink any words that are relevant to other pages e.g. if you sell shoes, a page on your site listing womens shoes can be linked from the homepage via a H2 tag hyperlinked with the words 'womens shoes'. Do this on all site pages.
DONT OVERDO BOLDING AND INTERNAL LINKS:::
Be sensible on the density.
The ALT tags on any images need keywords, each page where there is an image, place a relevant keyword.
This is a quick overview on approaching each page and will help a great deal and you can find further tips on search engine optimization on my main site and blog.
Essential SEO Tools For Search Engine Optimization Techniques
- FREE Competition Analysis Tool That Suggests How To Compete
- Marketing Tools
HubSpot's collection of free marketing tools at Grader.com
- Meta Tag Analyzer | Meta Tags Help
HTML Meta Tag Help & Free Meta Tag Analyzer / Meta Tags Checker program will analyze your MetaTags in any language. The best optimizer on the Net!
- Google AdWords: Traffic Estimator
- Google AdWords - Online Advertising by Google
Advertise with Google AdWords ads in the Sponsored Links section next to search results to boost website traffic and sales. With Google AdWords pay-per-click (PPC) keyword advertising, you only pay for results. AdWords is an essential online marketin
No comments yet.