Quotes on Failure
Inaction is death. We all have to work for living. It's our nature to think ahead and to desire success. So, we follow our dream and make our best efforts to achieve something. When we don't get expected results, we call it a failure. It's natural to feel low when we fail. We have read about many successful men and we aspire to be like them but often we miss to realize that these successful men had failed many times before they became successful.
Our narrow mind couldn't grasp the significance of failure. So we need to change our attitude that assumes failure fatalistic. It's failure that makes us stronger. Sometimes, the blow of failure helps us realize the truth. When we fall, we get face to face with life and most of our delusions get crumbled. Below are the failure quotes by the most successful people in the history of mankind. Let's hope we get insight...
- Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved. Helen Keller
- Satisfaction lies in the effort, not the attainment. Full effort is full victory. Mahatma Gandhi
- Don't call it a mistake. Call it an education. Thomas Alva Edison
- For better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy or suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. Theodore Roosevelt
- To remain as I am is impossible; I must die or be better... Abraham Lincoln
- When I was a young man, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. I didn't want to be a failure so I did ten times more work. George Bernard Shaw
- God's got me here for something. I can feel it. I was born for everything I'm doing now. Muhammad Ali
- Most people make a common mistake...by thinking of failure as the enemy of success... You've got to put failure to work for you... go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because, remember, that's where you'll find success... on the far side of failures. Thomas Watson
- The greatest failure is the failure to try. William A. Ward
- Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we often might win by fearing to attempt. William Shakespeare
- Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. Henry Ford
- Do not allow yourself to be disheartened by any failure as long as you have done your best. Mother Teresa
- When an archer misses the mark, he turns and looks for fault within himself. Failure to hit the bull's eye is never the fault of the target. To improve your aim- improve yourself. Gilbert Arland.
- What people see of my success is only one percent but what they don't see is the 99 percent which are my failures. Honda
- Life is either daring adventure or nothing. Helen Keller
- Poison that doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Nietzsche
Let's not take our failures seriously. Learn, dust off and get back into action with new energy and new vision. When we fail, we think as if it's the end of world, nay, let's have a broader vision. If you're still living, do something. That's the sign of life. Have courage to attempt.
More by this Author
Zen poems and haiku are like word paintings. They paint a picture, a very living picture.Here are 10 most beautiful zen poems and haiku by masters like Basho, Dogen, Issa, Hofuku, Ekon. We need to read between the...
Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude towards it, for that determines our success or failure. -Norman Vincent Peale. Attitude is the way we look at things or life, based on our past...
Zen is full of paradoxes. So are Zen quotes... It’s human tendency to segregate life events into good and bad. We say happiness, sorrow, pain, pleasure, life, death, friend, enemy, love, hate and so on. This...