Real Work From Home Jobs, Not Internet Scams
There are real work from home jobs out there the problem is finding out which ones are legitimate. I have spent the last eight years weeding out the scams and have become quite savvy spotting those that are not legitimate just from looking at their advertisements. The key is if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. You will not get rich from working from home but you can get a pretty good income if you look in the right place. I have found that if you are working from and looking for a salary or full time job you might have to work for more than one company. In a previous hub, Does anybody know of good work at home jobs that are not scams?, I talk about what to beware of as well as some of the same ideas of real work from jobs.
Understand that getting a legitimate work from home job will take time and a bit of research but once you find the right fit it can be a great experience.
What to avoid:
- Jobs that offer huge salaries. There is no way that you are going to make $2,000 a week from any job. So be realistic in what the pay will be. Usually (not all the time) a work from home job is going to offer a little less than other jobs.
- Jobs that want too much information from you right away. I actually have a specific resume that I use for work from jobs that only uses my first initial of my first name, my last name and the city and state that I live in. I do not give out my address or my phone number. If later you find out that the job is legitimate you can provide this information. Most companies understand that you are trying to protect yourself.
- Avoid at all costs any job that asks for your banking information this is a money laundering scam and you could be jailed for being involved. I have heard some pretty scary stories regarding this and it is an easy trap to fall into so please beware.
- You should never have to pay anything for a work from home job. So if the company is asking for money even if it is a small amount there is no need to pay and it is probably a scam. However some companies do ask you to pay for a background check but that is usually after you know much more about the position.
- Understand the difference between work from home jobs and businesses. With businesses there is a start up fee and you usually have to be welling to sell. Most businesses have you get your own client base and it is up to you to make your money. With a work from home job you do the job that the company gives you and you get paid for the job that you do.
Real Work From Home Jobs:
1. Telecommute Friendly Companies – There are numerous telecommute friendly companies. If you currently work for a company or worked for a company you can see if they offer telecommute positions.
2. Freelance Sites – There are also numerous freelance sites such as ODesk and Guru; most of them are free or have a free section. This way you can start out and see if it something that you are interested in.
3. Craigslist and other Job Sites – There are many job sites such as Craigslist. For these you can type in key words or phrases such as telecommute or work from home and see what is offered. But please understand that scammers are out there looking for you so be cautious when searching these sites and refer to what to avoid to save yourself from these scammers.
4. Tutoring - This is somewhat specialized but if you have teaching experience or a degree you can tutor and there are many different tutoring companies out there; tutor.com and brainfuse.com. With teaching experience there are also other work from home positions as well, some only need a degree others need teaching certificates.
5. Data Entry - Data entry is a highly coveted position so the jobs are few and far between but if you happen to luck up on one keep it. Many companies also offer data entry work that you can start out at the company and then after a few months you can work from home. Other more specialized types of data entry are; medical billing and some research positions.
6. Customer Service- There are many different customer service positions with numerous companies as long as you have a computer and phone (specifications depends on the company) then you are all set to go. There are many different types of customer service positions that include in bound or out bound calls and some that even work with sales.
7. Call Centers - Similar to customer service there are many different call center companies looking for work from home workers. Again if you have a computer and a phone set up, most ask for Cable or DSL as well as a second phone line with nothing else on it. There are call centers that are looking for people who can work from home. Some companies that look for call center work from home are 1-800-Flowers and U-Haul.
8. Virtual Secretaries/Assistants – Virtual secretaries and assistants help businesses and people with general office work. There are numerous companies that hire virtual secretaries and set them up with those businesses or people that need them. You can also find some virtual assistant work through Guru.com.
9. Appointment Setters – Appointment setters simply set appointments for companies. Usually this position is expanded to do other tasks for the company as well depending on the need of the company. Some also include telemarketing so be aware if telemarketing is not something that you want to do.
10. Others - There are many other types of positions out there and companies looking for stay-at-home moms and dads, disabled peoples, students and other specifications for their positions. You just have to be very diligent about looking and making sure that the job being offered is not a scam.
So yes there are work from home jobs that are not Internet scams the difficulty is in finding them. You have to be diligent in your work and very careful about the information that you give out in your search. Make sure to ask as many questions as you need to feel secure about the job. If the company does not answer your questions chances are they are not legitimate. Weed out the scams to find that perfect or close to perfect job for you. Remember it takes time but it will come with patience and perseverance.
How To Determine If A Company Is A Work At Home Scam
- craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums
craigslist provides local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events
- Guru.com – Find freelancers at the world’s largest online service marketplace.
Guru.com’s free service helps you find freelancers, get free quotes, and get your project done. Search thousands of freelance professionals’ profiles online today.
- Browse Jobs on the Largest Marketplace for Freelancers & Programmers - oDesk
Start your freelance career here. Browse from thousands of companies hiring engineers, web designers, programmers, office assistants & more.
More by this Author
Check out these sexy black males. They are talented and sexy and grace our television and movie screens. They are more than just eye candy.
The 70s is filled with Female Singers. From Aretha Franklin to Deborah Harry. There were so many influential women in several different music genres that have made a significant impact on today's music.
Being a phone actress takes talent. Making someone believe a fantasy over the phone can be incredibly tricky! Here are some helpful hints to help you to be the best phone actress.