Salesmanship is an art of influencing another person for the object of persuading him to buy specific product. It may be regarded as the process of winning the confidence of consumer. According to Whitehead. “t is a method of arriving at a common point of view with the prospect in regard to the desirability of some article, service or idea.” Salesmanship may also refer to convincing a customer by certain technique and he is really persuaded for buying the particular product.
Importance of Salesman Ship
1. Salesmanship helps to create demand for new products or new brands. It influences to change in patronage from one source of supply to another which results concentration of purchases of specific product.
2. As it wins the buyer's confidence so it helps to make regular and permanent customers.
3. The person who is engaged in convincing the public desirability of a specific product is called salesman. He informs the customers about the usefulness of commodity with a view to including him to buy the goods.
4. He establishes the goods will of firm in the market. So the sales volume may easily be increased.
5. He constantly observes the fashion, taste, like and dislike of customers and informs the producer about their choice.
6. He helps to establish close relationship between the manufacturer and consumer.
More by this Author
Sales are the ultimate goal of an organization to earn reasonable profit against satisfying customer and cosumer need; which should be converted into wants by matching the Social, Culutral, Psychological and Behavorial...
Increasing salesThe expenses of advertising may be justified on the ground that it helps to increase sales, which there by results in increased production. Reduction cost It assets to reduce cost of production and...
Is advertising a good thing or a bad thing? Here are some common criticisms of advertising. Cost One strong objection to advertising is that it is a costly function. The high cost of advertising is covered by...