Seven Critical Steps to Personal Success!
The Key to achieving your goal is for you to think on paper. As Brian Tracy rightly says it "successful men and women think with a pen in their hands; unsuccessful people do not." Don't underestimate the power of writing down your goal or for that matter anything that you want to achieve. Writing things down makes them plain and easy to understand. It crystallizes them in your mind and they become tangible and achievable elements. Whenever you look at them, they activate your senses and gives you the much needed energy and vitality to pursue them.
Here is a simple seven-step formula for setting and achieving goals that will change and create a completely different life and career for you:
- Decide exactly what you want in each area of your life. This is the most difficult step to take for most people. This may seem simple on first glance, but ask anyone what they want in life and you will hear vague and unclear ambitions. Clarity is the most important element to achieving your goals
- Write it down as clearly and as specifically as possible. Document it. A goal that is not written down is no better than a fantasy or pipe dream. Don't have too many goals. Just one goal is enough to alter the course of your life. In it, you will discover many subgoals.
- Set a deadline to your goal. Every goal must have a time-frame in which it has to be fulfilled. An open-ended goal is often times unattainable.
- List down all the activities and steps that you will need to make in order to realize that Goal. This list does not need to be exhaustive all at once. You will keep on adding to this list as you take the steps in the direction of achieving your goal.
- Organize your list into a plan. Identify and decide what needs to be done first and in what order. Follow the order of importance and urgency. This can be rearranged as you go on and discover that some things that may be important are not necessarily urgent and vice versa. Thus, be flexible with your plan.
- Take Immediate Action to implement your plan. Action, Action, Action. You can dream all you want and have the best goals and visions in life, but without action, it is simply a mere dream. A fantasy. You have to do something, anything, to get started. Many people fail to achieve their goals and visions in life because they are waiting for that perfect moment to start implementing them. That perfect moment only comes when you step out in faith and start doing. Do anything related to your goal. There is no perfect moment to start, than now.
- Resolve to do something everyday that moves you towards achieving your major goal. Success is made up of simple but consistent steps. It requires discipline. This daily routine eventually creates momentum that is so crucial to achieving your goals. Doing this daily energizes you and gives you the much needed determination to pursue your goal. It is this final push of doing something everyday towards your goal that will create the life you want.
So go ahead and try to follow this formula and see what the world has to offer you. I will be there to cheer you on. Feel free to ask for help, when you encounter huddles. They are part of the journey. Your life is in your hands and God is counting on you. You can do this!
More by this Author
No matter what circumstance you may be facing or going through, there is always a way out.
Cooking can be fun if you love adventure, and this is one of them. You will not miss meat if that's your weakness. However, you can easily replace the ingredients to suit your taste. This exercise is great for bonding...
If you think you are not judgmental, think again. Let me say from the start, that this article is not about bashing anyone or putting someone on the spot. It's not even about driving a point of view across. It is meant...