The Benefits of Social Media Marketing
Engaging in social media marketing is a necessity nowadays among online marketers and entrepreneurs. It is one of the ways to keep your business ahead of the competition. But before anything else, what exactly is social media marketing? In simple terms, it is but the process of utilizing social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. to promote a product, service, or cause. Social media encompasses a broad spectrum of sites. These include social networking, social bookmarking, and use-generated content sites. These sites receive millions of hits a day. This makes them great platforms for marketing purposes. In fact, so many online businesses rely solely from social media traffic for clients. This speaks a lot about the power and influence that social media marketing holds.
The Benefits of Utilizing Social Media
1. Most social media sites are free to use. The top social sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, MySpace) won't cost you a thing if you decide to make use of them. All you need is an email address to sign up. Once you are in, you can utilize all of the social site's tools and resources to market your business. However, some social sites aren't entirely free. But these charges are purely optional. For instance, Facebook sells ad spaces on the site. It's your choice if you buy into these ads or not.
2. Targeted traffic. This is what's great about social media marketing. It is easy to find your target market within social sites. Social users usually group themselves in communities so it's much easier to find them. For example, Facebook has a lot of site features that allow people to form communities. These include Facebook Groups, Facebook Pages, and certain Facebook Apps. These features can be used to build a community around your own website or business.
3. Brand-building. There is a reason why even the world's largest corporations are in Facebook, Twitter and other popular social media sites. It's simple – social sites are very effective tools for building a brand. This is why social media firms and consultants are in demand these days. Social media marketing has become an industry on its own. Everybody wants a piece of the social media pie.
4. Viral marketing. Social media sites are the best platforms online to conduct viral marketing. Because of their sharing features, it's easier and faster for something to go viral on social sites. Furthermore, there are social buttons and widgets that you can embed into external websites to allow visitors to share your content. In essence, this is free distribution and syndication. Your visitors will be promoting your website for free.
5. Relationship-building. With social media, you can build better relationships with your customers. Communications via social sites have personal touches in them enabling better business-customer relationships.
Needless to say, having a social media marketing strategy for your website or business can have a huge and positive impact on your business. It will be much easier for you to grow an online business if you have social media presence.
You might also like to read these:
- Affiliate Marketing In The Philippines: How To Become A Successful Filipino Affiliate
The things you need and a few tips on how to start an affiliate marketing business in the Philippines.
- Filipino Blogger and Writer
Take a peek into a struggling Filipino writer's life.
- How to Increase Your Twitter Followers by TheHubKing
How integrating Twitter buttons in your sites can substantially increase your followers.
- Squidoo Earnings: My Squidoo Income Diary
A record of my Squidoo journey. In this page, you will see how much I earn from Squidoo every month.
- Is Triond A Scam Or Is It Legit?
Tips on how you can get the most out of Triond, a revenue-sharing website.
- How to Get Hundred (100) People to Facebook Like Your Page in Just 30 Minutes
How to increase the "Likes" your Facebook Page gets.
The Benefits of Social Media Marketing Using Facebook & Twitter
Advantages of Social Media Marketing
5 Benefits of Social Media Marketing
More by this Author
Children will surely love and enjoy this set of coloring pages featuring characters from the animated film Hotel Transylvania. Hotel Transylvania features the voices of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, Andy Samberg and...
This is a list of the top fast food restaurants in the Philippines which include Jollibee, MacDonald's, Chowking and Mang Inasal.
Everything you need to know about the popular Filipino children's song.