Surviving the worst workday ever
Getting through a rough day or night at work is hard. I know, I do it all the time. (If you are employed at the moment then you are one of the lucky ones.) Even if you happen to love your job, there are days that are going to be stressful. But before you have a mental breakdown and quit, or even get fired, remember these helpful tips to get you through.
- Manage your emotions, don't ever let them control you
- Learn how to have a sense of humor in though situations.
- Don't try to make every thing perfect.
- Resist the urge to micromanage everything.
- Make sure you are getting plenty of rest.
- Try getting yourself to work a little early. Maybe 10-15 minutes early.
- Make sure you are scheduling yourself regular breaks. Sometimes all we need to do is step away.
- When it's lunch time, try to take a walk, or even time to stretch out a little bit.
- Cut out the caffeine, or at least cut back.
- Whatever you do, try not to skip breakfast and lunch. You can't run on fuel alone.
- Nip the stress in the bud. When you notice that you are getting headaches, angry easier, or just getting anxious, deal with it quickly. Learn to recognize these symptoms.
- If you are getting stressed, talk to another co-worker about it.
- Pay attention to your breathing. Make sure you are taking nice even breaths. Slow it down.
- Focus on what's in front of you. Don't worry about what is going to need to be done an hour or so from now. Finish what you have now and move on to the next item.
- Take some time alone. This also goes with taking a few regular breaks in your day.
- Vent, but find a way to do it harmlessly. (punch a pillow or cry)
- Spice up your routine a bit. Try not to do things the same way every time.
- Try beefing up your skills a bit. Try getting better and faster at what you do. This could make things more fun and entertaining for you.
- Know what is expected of you.
- Try looking at the situation that is making you stressed from a different point of view.
- Try to find some work that is more compatible with your personality.
- Learn how to say and utilize the word "no"
- Always have a plan "B" in place.
- Learn how to organize!
- The worst thing you can do is procrastinate. So don't do it!
- Try avoiding negative people as much as you can.
- Try making a list of things that you actually like about your job.
- Put a smile on your face.
- Learn how to ask for help when you need it. Don't be to proud to ask!
- You know your limitations, so let the others around you know them to.
- Break down your big jobs into smaller ones.
- Don't try to control what is uncontrollable!
- And just hang in there! The day will be over before you know it!
More by this Author
The Chinese have given a beautiful and very convincing theory as to why the wedding ring should go on the fourth finger. As the story goes: Look at your left hand, the hand that your wedding ring goes on, and do you...
Hello! This is your friendly Waffle House waitress writing to you, just wanting to address a few issues. First let me start by telling you how much I enjoy you coming into our establishment! It's a pleasure to serve...
And get paid to have fun? Well you've stopped at the right hub to find out how you can become a Gold Canyon Fragrance consultant as soon as tonight! The Gold Canyon business opportunity is an opportunity so flexible...
No comments yet.