The Concept of Job Satisfaction
Friendly Interactions could be very instrumental in improving your Job and Business
The best output in terms of quality and progress depends on the zeal you invest into your Job. Your Job should be a primary source of enjoyment that can spark-up a zeal to invest your best. That zeal is proportional to the motivation, work attitude and satisfaction you get from it.
Work should provide for material and psychological rewards. The extent to which this is possible cannot be over emphasized, such that, it is a point of discuss in several research papers and textbooks. Such discussion usually consist of change of values, attitude and motivation that occur over a period of time with a particular work role. Small wonder, Parker et al (1977) noted that, the group of concept referring to the subjective experience of work roles includes from the more general to the less: Attitude, Motivation and Satisfaction.
Work Attitude and Motivation
• Work Attitude describes the general approach that a person has to work as a result of accepting or rejecting certain values.
• Motivation refers to specific job or narrow range of jobs rather than to work in general.
Job Satisfaction is specific and is referred to as a function of the discrepancy between what a worker expects or think he/she should get and the actual experience in the work situation, in terms of expectation, experience and relationship. The outcome of these could ultimately lead to Interest.
Get better Job and Business practice Informations Books here
Factors that determines Job Satisfaction
1. Psychological rewards - This is the positive inner balance that comes from whether there is a favourable working experience or not. It is a product of the positive outcome of the factors outlined below.
2. Material and Rewards - Good salaries and Allowance should be of high priority. This is the most important motivational factor. Employers should consider improving on this status as it is a great compelling factor that could cause workers to protect their source of good Income.
3. Opportunities and socialization - Training, posting, promotion and the introduction of interactive platforms can improve on the status and development of the Individual worker.
4. Physiological needs - The Job should make provision for drinking, eating and resting; in a manner that relaxes the worker.
5. Security Needs - A worker should be convinced about his future comfort in terms of reliable pension and health insurance.
6. Good relationship - Workers should be more relaxed in a friendly working environment. The ability to interact freely and friendly with fellow workers could bring in a sense of belonging.
7. Self-esteem - Giving a worker recognition for 'Job well done' could boost his self-confidence. As such would want to improve or maintain the high standard he is known for.
8. Self-actualization - A great Job should allow a worker to derive personal satisfaction in terms of personal fulfillment. This will bring personal pride and identification.
Note here that, these factors differ from individual to individual and also organization to organization. Herzberge et all (1959) state that, when some needs of work are not met it may result to low attitude and subsequently poor performance in the part of the employee.
This conforms with various Research-work carried out to check the relationship between the 'productivity level of workers' and the level of satisfaction gotten from their Jobs. Dissatisfaction of workers was shown to bring about Absenteeism, Neglect of duty, Lateness and other behaviours that could have negative effect in the work place.
More by this Author
Intelligence of the Giant African Pouched Rat. Use as Pet, to detect Mines and Tuberculosis, and as a source of Meat and Protein.
How to make money from Earthworm Business by Harvesting and Marketing Earths, Online marketing, Rearing of Earthworms, how and what to feed your Earthworms and various uses of Earthworms.
Removal of free fatty acid from vegetable oil using alkaline esterification and acid esterification.