Tips For Maximizing Internet Marketing Sales Page Effectiveness
A sales page is an essential internet marketing tool for helping you sell products online. It talks about your product and pitches potential buyers on why they should buy the product from you. Not all sales pages are created equally. Some sales pages pull in double digit conversion rates and some fall flat. Knowing what to include in yours is going to make a big difference in how well it works for you. There are a lot of different elements to a sales page that are effective in helping you to converting readers to customers.
Just about every product sold online, especially information products, is sold through a long sales page. A lot of copywriters make a very good living at using their skills to create effective IM sales pages. A good sales page can cost a few hundred to several thousand dollars, depending on who is writing it for you. A lot of beginner internet marketers write their sales letters themselves, though.
Your success online depends on how effective that sales letter is so it’s important for you to learn to do it well. It’s more than simply writing a letter that talks about why the product is worth buying. It is a sales process with several steps that helps you take someone from mildly interested to eager to buy.
The average new internet marketer struggles with writing sales pages and the average internet browser skips past many sales pages when they land on one.
Consider hiring an expert if you don't know what you're doing (just contact me for details).
You want your sales page to grab a reader and hold their attention. You want them to naturally click to “buy now” at the end because you make a compelling argument for buying your product. You need to demonstrate proof and build trust and you need to overcome objections that make people wary about buying. The right steps integrated in your sales letter can help you sell more products because you take interested people through all the steps of a sales cycle from creating interest to making them want your product enough to buy it.
Tops Tips for Writing Internet Marketing Sales Pages
Here are some more helpful tips for maximizing the effectiveness of your sales page:
- Write as if you’re writing to a friend. It’s ok to be a little informal at times but tread that line carefully and don’t lose your professionalism!
- Split a word at the end of a page with a hyphen in order to convince people to keep moving. Most people won’t stop dead at the end of a page if they are in the midst of a word.
- Optimize yourself outside this letter. A vast number of people don’t make an immediate decision about a product before researching it further. For this reason, it’s wise to promote your own name / brand outside the site so that anyone researching for more information about you will find information that supports everything you’ve said and demonstrates integrity and truth.
- Create an opt-in on your sales page so that if people don’t buy from you the first time, you can capture their permission to contact them in the future. A squeeze page could offer a free piece of information, ask people to subscribe to your newsletter, or something else that sounds like an offer too good to pass up. If you go this route, you should be sure that you learn all you can about effective e-mail marketing so that you can capture their sale in the future.
- Don’t forget a Thank You page for those that do buy from you. It should also have a permission marketing element as well that encourages people to sign up for your newsletter or a free e-course that you use to be able to continue to interact with them.
- Ask mentors and colleagues to look over your sales page and provide you with feedback about how effective your page is.
- Read your website analytics to see what brings people to your site, what your rate of conversions is, and to determine whether or not your site answers questions people use to find you.
- Don’t forget to proofread! It might even be worthwhile to have someone proofread for you. Even after reading it back several times, you may miss errors so fresh eyes can be a big help.
- Don’t overhype your product. This can turn people off. While you want to create excitement, it’s easy to overdo it.
- Never lie in your sales letters. Your reputation is important in internet marketing so it’s vital to build trust because your name is your brand and while good news travels fast, bad new (and reviews) can travel even faster.
- Split test every element of your page. This is made easy with Google Analytics. Split test one thing at a time and then keep the most successful version then split test the next element, moving through your sales letter or sales page until you’ve split tested everyting.
More people than ever are successful online because they learn how to market to people. It’s wise to learn all you can about effective copywriting techniques. Words can be very powerful! Creating sales letters can take a lot of time and energy and it can take time to master this skill. Working at it and tweaking your sales pages based on your results can help you sell more products so it is definitely a skill worth honing.
Or alternatively you could just ask me to write one for you! I have many happy customers...
This is part of a series on sales pages - check out the others here
- How To Get Traffic To Your Internet Marketing Sales Pages
A lot of successful internet marketers are using sales pages to help them sell a lot of products on the internet and this can make them a lot of money. Learning about various elements of an effective sales page and finding out how to apply proven cop
- How To Write Internet Marketing Sales Pages
Learning about various elements of an effective sales page and finding out how to apply proven copywriting techniques to the letter so you can promote the product you are selling can help you convert more browsers to customers.
This hub brought to you...
by Julie-Ann Amos, professional writer, and owner of international writing agency www.ExquisiteWriting.com
Why not create your own HubPages? It's fun and you can make revenue from Adsense and other revenue streams on your pages. JOIN HUBPAGES NOW
This work is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or send a letter to CreativeCommons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California94105, USA.
More by this Author
Popular Pubic Hair Styles as a hub went only so far... it focussed on the Ladygardeners among us. BUT... "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do," they say – and that used to be a simple motto to...
Let's face facts: as women, our hair is our most important feature. It defines us – everything from our personalities to our personal sense of style can be seen in our hair. Because our hair is our top priority,...
Jamie Oliver – also known as the ‘Naked Chef’, Jamie Oliver is a very popular television celebrity known for cooking and absolutely nothing with being nude. He didn’t even agree with the title of...