Top 10 Jobs and Internships in Hidden Hills, California
Los Angeles Suburbs to the West
The City of Hidden Hills, California is another wealthy city in Southern California and a Los Angeles suburb to the west. In the San Fernando Valley, Hidden Hills is Number 7 on the BusinessWeek Wealthiest 25 Cities in America. The city is also a gated community and a neighborhood of mansions. A large number of jobs, particularly in Healthcare and other service industries, are available around this community and it sits in a favorite tourist region in this part of the state. Service jobs are in high demand in wealthier areas of the country, as a time saving measure for local consumers as well as visitors.
Hidden Hills is very near the Ventura County line, another favorite tourist location. This is also where Erle Stanley Gardner kept law offices and wrote many of his Perry Mason mysteries. The area is full of history. The work of writers, artists, and actors; and the cultures of Native American groups (like the Chumas) and Spanish influences cover this region.
This particular city and neighborhood has no street lights or sidewalks. This implies that there is no on-street parking allowed. However, the community of about 2,000 residents (descended mostly from the German, Russian, English, and Polish) is equipped with split rail fences painted white, along with a number of bridle paths. The gating of the community begun in the 1950s ensures that crime and vandalism are minimized. However, the area is lovely and passersby can view the large mansions and the well kept grounds from outside; and stop at the gate and inquire about visiting and activities. The areas outside of the community are equally as well maintained and the county and its cities and towns are invested in sustainability and creating greenspaces.
Bloomberg analysts' figures for 2008 are compared here with US Census figures of 2010
- Average income 2008: $318,843 [INCREASE+6% from 2000 - 2008]
- Average income 2010: $ 87,782/individual; $270,621/household [DECREASE of -15.12%]
- Unemployment Rate for Hidden Hills 2/2011: 12.60% This is unusual, to have a high unemployment rate in a wealthy gated community.
- Average Net Worth 2008: $1,630,085
- Average Net Worth 2010: Unknown.
Zillow real estate data:
- Price Range: $7.6 Million to $1.3 Million, with one in foreclosure and up for auction.
- Median Price: $3,299,000
- Rentals: 3 rentals for $7,500 to $19,500 monthly rent.
Overall, residents of Hidden Hills are described as two-income families, largely aged 40 - 60, with about 10% in their 30s as well; with advanced academic degrees and children. Some are called the Urban Eliteby Zillow and bloggers, in that they are the wealthiest and have household incomes in the highest percentiles. On-third have household incomes of over $500,000 annually. Part of this elite group comprises immigrants that work in high-salary occupations, a realization of American Dreams. Still, unemployment stands at over 12% and the bulk of workers here are employed in the Professions, Finance, and Management jobs.
Ronald Reagan Library
Hidden Hills, California
- California Wildlife Center
- City Recreation - Hidden Hills Community Association and Community Center; 24549 Long Valley Road. Includes parks, greenspace, horse related services, riding arenas, tennis club, swimmnig pool, summer programs, performing arts center.
- Lasky Mesa Movie Filming Set - From the Silent Era to the Golden Age that lasted through the 1950s. Visit this link and plan at least a full day in this area. Hidden Hills was used in 2007 to film parts of The Assassination of Jesse James.
- Las Virgenes Malibu Council of Governments - A coalition of Hidden Hills, Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Malibu, and Westlake Village.
- Leonis Adobe Museum
- Malibu Creek State Park - Just west of Hidden Hills.
- Ronald Reagan Library Complex
- Salvation Army Camp
Employment and Industry Trends
In Spring 2011 at the end of March, at least 96,000 jobs were listed within a 25 mile radius of Hidden Hills. Most of the highest demand jobs in this market area circle were all listed in service industries: Healthcare, Food/Dining, and Retail Sales Industries. The top five suburbs in which these jobs are most often located are Los Angeles, Burbank, Thousand Oaks, Santa Monica, and El Segundo.
The job market has fluctuated locally in dramatic changes from Summer 2005 - Spring 2011, but rises after January 2011, to Spring. The Healthcare Industry jobs often required the most extensive training and credentialing, but OJT, on the job training, is a major component of food related jobs and sales. However, increasing numbers of position in both require an undergraduate college degree for advancement into management, and these industry sectors do not often offer tuition reimbursement or assistance.
Travel Nursing/Physical Therapy Positions Pay Well
- Travel Nursing
The Travel Nurse or other Therapist...
- Advantages of Transport and Flight Nursing
Transport Nursing began as Flight Nursing and the larger employment sector is said to be Air and Surface Transport Nursing. This work includes critical care, emergency services,and disaster response medical...
- Top 10 Nursing Schools in America - 2009
As of 2009, a worldwide shortage in health related professionals at all levels had been savaging the populations in many nations, but clearly in America. Our country had formerly been called The Land of...
- Top 10 Hot Jobs in Los Angeles
Los Angeles City and County have 100,000 or more open jobs at any moment and employment opportunities, including internships, exist in several industries. These are practical links on specific jobs and where to find them.
- Bank Of America
- Pizza Hut, McDonald's and other dining
- Kaiser Permanente - Health
- Search One Staffing
- Apple One Staffing
- Ajilon Professional Staffing
- Kforce Professional Staffing
- UCLA Health System
Highest Demand Jobs
- Pizza Hut staff positions: Crew, Managers and Assistant Managers, Drivers, Shift Leaders, and others.
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Shift Supervisors - various fields
- Baristas - Starbucks and others
- Registered Nurses:RNs
- Project Managers - IT
- Crew positions - assembly, production, fast food.
- Student Internships
- Software Engineers
- Business Analysts
- Account Executives
- Accountants and related Managers
Average Salaries in Hidden Hills CA, 2011
Job Title in Hidden Hills Area
Registered Nurse (RN)
Pizza Hut, all Jobs
Undergraduate Internships are Avaiable Yearly With
- CBS Corporation
- CBS Television Network
- Walt Disney Company
- The Aerospace Corporation
- The Boeing Company
- Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Woodbury University
- Fox Networks Group
Interns: Disney College Program Cast Members
Interns tell all sides of the story in the Walt Disney College Internship Program.
How to Find Internships
- How to Find a Successful Internship
Interships are available throughout the year for Undergraduate and Graduate Students as well as recent graduates in many fields. This Hub offers a list of sites that provide vast numbers of such internships, along wth some examples and video copmment
- Top 10 Summer Jobs for Adults and College Students
Walking & Singing to Work in the Summer of 1967. Watts/LA (photos public domain). Top 10 Summer Jobs for High School and College Top 10 Summer Jobs for Youth and Adults How to Find a Successful...
- Top 10 Summer Jobs For High School and College
High school and college students - even grad students - can start with a summer job or business internship and become a successful business owner! One young man began in Jeffersonville, Indiana as a dishwasher in a pizza joint and became a natonal re
- Job Search Engines - Full Listings & Reviews
Job Search Engines on the Internet can greatly reduce the amount of work required to secure a new job. They can allow a job seeker to maximize his or her time by applying to more jobs and companies per day and gaining access to a higher number of tot
More by this Author
Chevy Chase, Maryland is home to the Number 10 Richest Place in America, according to the Forbes.com analysts.
One of a few Money.com Best Places to do so, West Des Moines advertises all of its services to aide low-income households on its city website.
I have learned much from my Polish American friends about the important of Easter in their culture, friendships, families, and faith. Please enjoy the recipes and information.