Best Fast Growing Jobs in Maple Grove MN
Fast Growing Suburb
In northern Hennepin County, Maple Grove is a fast-growing suburb in the northeastern corner of Minneapolis. Maple Grove, Minnesota was named among the Best Places to Live in 2008 by Money Magazine and in early 2010, BusinessWeek analysts found it to be the fastest growing city in the state of Minnesota.
The Winnebago Nation first inhabited this area of the county, having been moved to there in federal relocation initiatives from Wisconsin. However, white settlers arrived around 1851 and began developing this territory. The lumber industry thrived, so sawmills and general stores soon made up the bulk of the local economy,1850 - 1900. As the settlement grew into a town, additional entertainment emerged: dance halls and horse racing tracks. Maple Grove was becoming a new urban center.
Farming and dairy production added to the local economy, but the railroads came through and required a train depot to add modern industrial transportation. Increased shipping and passenger transportation venues brought more people and businesses to the area. Further, waterways around the local lakes provided additional shipping lanes and new businesses and residents moved to the area as business continued to grow.
The residential population grew so quickly that it expanded from just over 1,700 in 1950 to 38,700+ in 1990. By early 2006, the population reached 55,000+ and by 2008, Maple Grove supported just short of 60,000 residents. Continued growth resulted in the state's first Lifestyle Center in Downtown Maple Grove. It is a combination of business, work, transportation, and residential opportunities. Today, quick transportation is available between Maple Grove and downtown Minneapolis several times daily and Maple Grove continues to grow.
The Downtown Maple Grove Life Style Center is a complex of Main Street with storefronts, the Shoppes of Arbor Lakes, and the Fountains at Arbor Lakes. The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes promotes upscale retail and dining in a mid-20th-Century village venue. Arbor Lakes includes a hybrid power center called The Fountains at Arbor Lakes, a retail complex with such establishments as coffee shops, Subway, Lowe's, a Holiday Inn, and a water park.
The Grove is another shopping center that includes the North Memorial/Fairview hospital complex on I-94.
Maple Grove supports more retail commercial space than all other cities in the state, except Bloomington and its Mall of America. With ongoing commercial development, Maple Grove aims to take over the Number One spot.
Maple Grove Attractions
- Biking in Maple Grove - Maple Grove Cycling
Maple Grove Cycling & Fitness. Event and gathering for biking enthusiasts. Bikes sales, rentals and repairs; accessories, other.
- Maple Grove Arts Council
- Maple Grove Days & Other Community Events
The Maple Grove Community Organization (MGCO) sponsors Maple Grove Days,including the Art Fair, fireworks, family events and The Pierre Bottineau Parade in the summer and holiday events in the winter throughout Maple Grove Minnesota.
- Maple Grove Half Marathon - Home
- Maple Grove Raceway
Geezers Reunion at The Grove is an annual event in this 1/4-mile drag strip that hosts dragsters and street-legal nike competitions, among other events.
- Maple Grove Women of Today | Making a Difference in our Community
- The Official Site of the Minnesota Vikings
Located in nearby Eden Prairie.
- Rush Creek Golf Club - An 18 Hole Championship Public Golf Course
Rush Creek Golf Club is the most complete golf and meeting facility you will find in the Twin Cities. Open to everyone since 1996, Rush Creek is the perfect place for golfing, dining, weddings or any other occasion you can think of. Our staff will ta
- Welcome to The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes
There's only one place to go - The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes. Our exceptional collection of national retailers and one-of-a-kind boutiques, fine restaurants and casual eateries, all in a park-like setting.
Great River Energy
Many job openings are listed near Maple Grove in Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Eden Prairie, Minnetonka, Bloomington, and other communities within a 25-mile radius of the suburb.
Largest Employers of Minnesota Near Maple Grove
Entries in bold text are among the companies listing the greatest number of jobs in and around Maple Grove as well (see column, below right).
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- University Of MN-Twin Cities
- 3M Company
- Fairview University Med Center
- Ameriprise Financial
- Methodist Hospital
- Best Buy Co Inc
- Park Nicollet Eye Specialists
- Piper Breast Center
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
- General Mills Inc.
- Target Corp.
- Brooklyn Park Clinic
- Health Partners Inc.
- Hennepin County Administrator
- Boston Scientific Home Page
- Equipment, Industrial Equipment, Analytical Instruments, Software, LIMS, Instrument Services; Thermo
Drive bold progress with Thermo Scientific analytical technologies, instruments, lab equipment, reagents and consumables. Find products for research, analysis and diagnostics and explore applications resources spanning stem cell research, environment
- Fairview Maple Grove - Home
- Great River Energy
We provide wholesale electric service to 28 distribution cooperatives in MN and WI...about 1.7 million people.
- Maple Grove Hospital
- Save A Lot Grocery Store – Discount Groceries & More
Save A Lot is your neighborhood grocery store. We offer discount groceries every day, so you can bring home fresh foods at refreshing prices.
- University of Minnesota
Top Job Listers
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- UnitedHealth Group
- University of Minnesota
- 3M Company
- Fairview University Medical Center and Fairview Hospital
- Allina Hospitals & Clinics
- US Army
- Medtronic, Inc
- Ajilon Professional Staffing
- Robert Half Finance & Accounting
Largest Companies in Maple Grove by Employee Count
- Boston Scientific - Electonic medical devices.
- Independent School District #279 - K-12 public schools.
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- Banta Catalog - Printing
- Barborossa & Sons - Speciality trades
- Gannett Offset - Printing
- Hanson Concrete Products - Bulding materals
- Walmart - Retail discount
- Byerly's - Grocery
- Cub Foods- Grocery
- Mineapolis Auto Auction
- REO Plastics - Plastic and resin manufacturing
- Tiller Corporation - Nonmetallic minerals and mining
- US West Dex - Printing
- Champp's Americana - Upscale dining
Maple Grove Regional Interest
Top 10 High Demand Jobs Locally
- Business Analysts
- Insurance Sales/Account Executives
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Physical Therapists
- Project Managers
- Account Managers
- Assistant Managers
- Administrative Assistants
- Financial Analysts
- Java Developers
- Pacific International University
- NHCC | North Hennepin Community College- A large institution, this school is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system. Aside from degree seeking students, this community college serves about 7,000 other people and almost 300 organizations through Continuing Education and Customized Business Training. NHCC has formed educational partnerships with universities in order to offer baccalaureate degrees right on the NHCC campus. The larger community appreciates the school as well, benefiting from its theater productions, art shows, concerts, public lectures, and community service.
- Hennepin Technical College - This is the state's largest freestanding technical college, with up to date classrooms, laboratories, computer access, and industry driven curricula (high demand careers). Instructors all are professionals in the fields in which they teach. The school is known for continually building working relationships with other educational facilities, business and government agencies in order to place graduating students into high demand jobs.
- Herzing College Lakeland Medical-Dental Academy Division
- Minnesota Graduate School of Theology
- Minnesota School of Business
- Rasmussen College
- University of Minnesota- The U of M is one of the most prestigious universities in the USA. Research in medicine, public health, and psychology coming out of this institution has been top drawer for decades. Additional research in pother fields add it the school status as top research facility in the state. Over 160 years old in 2010, the University of Minnesota has five campuses, with extension offices, and research and outreach centers. It creates additional partnerships among University departments and with outside educational facilities, as well as with business, government, and surrounding communities to enhance the economic and academic health and standard of living of the state of Minnesota and its residents.
© 2010 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
Cincinnati suburbs are growing towards Dayton and Dayton suburbs are growing quickly towards Cincinnati. This creates a Corridor of government jobs, private businesses, and high paying occupations in a large...
Two Cleveland Ohio area companies are in the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies of America. This site contains information for success job search and related education in Cleveland.
Science fiction as a discipline has told us for decades that we can make replacement parts for human beings. In the 2010s, we began to accomplish this by 3D printing biological materials.