Sustainable Electric Cars In Lincoln, California
Growing For Economic Recovery.
Lincoln, California is the fastest growing city in California since 2010.
It was determined for this status by a Business Week study that found the Fastest Growing Cities in America. Previous to this ranking, Forbes.com also rated it as the fastest growing city in the state.
A Sacramento Suburb
Lincoln is located to the west of Highway I-80 on State Route 65 and the towns of Rocklin, Roseville and Citrus Heights. To the slight northwest lies Lincoln Municipal Airport, Lake of the Woods State Wildlife Area, and Beale Air Force Base.
Lincoln is also a suburb of Sacramento, that state capital, and began as a housing development and a bedroom community for the big city 30 miles away.
The suburb also ranks as the third fastest growing city in the United States. Lincoln supports just short of 22,000 households in a 10% increase in 2009 over the previous year, with a US Census estimate of over 43,000 residents. The population count has held steady through 2016.
Electric cars are working well in many American communities to provide clean-energy transportation and to promote sustainability.
Lincoln Electric VehiclesClick thumbnail to view full-size
LSV and NEV
My friends at the local Tesla electric car plant in Ohio tell me that a low-speed vehicle (LSV) is a street-legal 4-wheeled vehicle with a maximum speed of about 25 mph or 40 km/h. They are a bit faster than the golf cart or neighborhood electric vehicle (NEV), so they can travel on more roadways.
Lincoln Electric Vehicles (NEVs) Save Money
Low-Speed Vehicles (LSVs) in Lincoln are electric and designated as street-legal with a maximum speed of 25 to 35 mph, the speed limit of local residential settings.
Starting at a cost of just over $6,000, the vehicles are low-cost to charge (50 cents in 2010), and low-cost to insure (half the premium of a gasoline auto).
These vehicles are a little larger than golf carts and have headlights, tail lights, and other automobile features.
In Lincoln, most malls provide customers with convenient LSV charging outlets top charge batteries while they shop. Specially dedicated park-and-charge parking spaces are marked "NEV" on the asphalt.
These vehicles have been put to use as personal transportation, as police vehicles in pedestrian locations, and even as food vendors' wagons.
Alternative Energy Transportation In Major Cities
- Sun City Lincoln Hills Community Association™ Serving: Lincoln, Roseville, Rocklin, and Sacramento.
Sun City Lincoln Hills Community Association is located 25 miles northeast of Sacramento, California's capital, in Placer County. It is midway between majestic Lake Tahoe and San Francisco each of which are only two hours away. Sacramento offers thea
- Work And Fun In Peachtree City - Golf Cart Capital Of The World
Peachtree City near Atlanta is on Money Magazine's list of Best Places to Live in America. it has its own system of golf cart roads and the teens can drive to high school on them.
GEM Polaris | Warrior Expo East 2013
Historic Downtown Lincoln
The historic area of Downtown Lincoln covers approximately twelve square blocks of properties filling in with a wide variety of businesses. Commercial space is relatively inexpensive at 80 cents to $1.50 per square foot.in early 2010 and attractive to new commerce.
A Classic Car Museum is located Downtown and heads up a yearly Classic Car Show each June. Additional Downtown events present entertaining activities to interest locals and visitors.
The local Lincoln bus system operates a Downtown Circulator Monday Through Friday around the historic area and along Stare Route 65. The bus stops at City Hall, local retail stores, the Twelve Bridges Library, Twelve Bridges Medical Center, and Kaiser Permanente health services. The Circulator links to the Placer County bus lines on the Lincoln-Rocklin-Sierra College route as well.
The city Parks and Recreation Department headquartered Downtown maintains a network of bike trails and over a dozen parks, along with sports and recreational events for all ages.
Activities and Attractions
- Beale Air Force Base
The 9th Reconnaissance Wing is composed of more than 3000 personnel in four groups.
- AMTRAK - CCJPA
The Capitol Corridor Intercity Rail Service provides Amtrak train and feeder bus services in Northern California.
- Golden Sierra Training Program
Employment and training program federally funded by the Workforce Investment Act (WIA). Stimulus Funding coems through this channel.
- Lincoln Arts and Culture Foundation
- Lincoln Hills Golf Club
Sacramento's Premier 36 Hole Championship Facility ~ Open to the Public daily! The Lincoln Hills Club first appeared on Northern California's public golf scene in 1999 as an 18-hole, Billy Casper/Greg Nash-designed golf course.In 2004, another nine h
- Ride to Walk - Welcome!
A therapeutic horseback riding program founded in 1985. It is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the lives of children and young adults with neurological disabilities.
Beale Air Force Base
Beale Air Force Base
Help to Haiti
Beale AFB is home to the U-2 Dragonlady that provides high-altitude, all-weather surveillance and reconnaissance, 24/7 wherever needed. One of these U-2 Dragon Ladies was launched from Beale on January 27, 2010 in order to capture critical imagery to help the Humanitarian Relief Mission of the US armed services in Haiti.
Service men and women from the various Missions at Beale AFB volunteered for duty in the ground level humanitarian efforts for Haiti and took off for Florida on January 27 to spend many hours helping. Since that time, they have been involved in other humanitarian and community efforts.
Lockheed U-2 Dragon Lady
The Business and Job Market in Lincoln, California
US Federal Employment Forecast To 2022
The job clusters that are expected to produce the largest numbers of newly-created employment openings in the Sacramento- Roseville labor market, including Lincoln, are:
- Executives and Managers, All Industries
- Education & Training Administrators: Includes library-related jobs. As families move into Lincoln, the number of children in the area will increase, as well the number of college students, and the number of individuals that need Adult Education and job training as well as corporate training within businesses, and other training within the local military service bases.
- Business Specialists, including Wholesale and Retail outside and inside sales.
- Insurance Jobs
- Human Resources, Training and related jobs.
- Financial Specialists
- Information Technology and Mathematics Occupations
- All types of Architectural and Engineering jobs
- Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Social Sciences
- Community and Social Services
- Legal Occupations
- Teachers, Instructors, and related jobs at all educational levels.
Major Employers Hiring Most Workers 2016 - 2020
Safeway Grovcery Stores
Centerline Drivers, LLC
R.E. Garrison: Trucking Industry
The Home Depot
California State University at Sacramento
Kaiser Permanente: Health and Medicine
Burger King, McDonalds
CVS Health & Pharmacy
Top 10 Hot Jobs in Linclon
- Office Technician: Various levels of the government.
- Truck Drivers with CDL
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Sales Representatives
- Staff Services Analysts
- Physical Therapists
- Staff Services Managers
- Store Managers and Assistants
- Physical and Occupational Therapists and Assistants
- Accounting Clerks
Education and Training Centers
- American River College: Large number of 2-year degree and transfer programs.
- Corinthian College, formerly Heald College: Careers and technologies.
- Sierra College: Accredited, two-year community college that serves Placer, Nevada, El Dorado, and Sacramento counties. HQ is at Rocklin, below Lincoln, California.
- MTI College: Vocational careers and certifications.
- William Jessup University: Located closest to Lincoln, California. This university expanded in 2009 with a new student apartment complex, a School of Professional Studies, with further expansions begun in 2010. A tuition cut yielded a 2.5% savings to students for 2009-2010, about $500 per student for the school year.
Healthcare Systems in Lincoln and Roseville
© 2010 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
Weathy communities like this one can target education and other aspects of society for greater improvement. This area of New York offers some of the most interesting and well paying jobs.
What are the jobs that kill the most people? Which occupations are the most dangerous and deadly? Top 1-10 and 11-20 of the most fatal jobs in the US.
You may be considering a job transfer and be able to benefit from the enclosed Transfer Request Letter. However, you may want to master current job tasks before moving to another job site.