Top 10 Hot Jobs in Irvine CA - Insurance and Finance - Jobs Doubled 2009 - 2010
Southern California's Technology Coast
Irvine, California was named in 2008 to the list of the 100 Best Places to Live in America by Money Magazine. In fact, Irvine made it to Number Four and it was planned to be the best!
In the 1960s, Irvine became one of the first planned urban communities in the nation and was incorporated in 1971. The University of California planned a campus for this area in Orange County and hired architect William Pereira to design its new campus and to fit an urban community around it. Over 40 years later, this place is the #4 city in America to live, with about 214,000 residents and over 16,000 acres of healthy green space. The city contains 18 city parks and 35 neighborhood parks. It's almost perfect and was made to be so. In full, Irvine covers 65 square miles of land.
The public school system is also one of the best in America and shows that in higher-than-average standardized test scores without cheating or undue teacher stress. In fact, the high school graduation rate is 96%.
Housing costs make the one drawback that most residents can name. They are higher than in other cities and states, but so is the average wage among Irvine residents.
This is all afar cry from the lifestyle of the Indigenous People of 10,000 BC in Orange County - the Gabrielino Nation of Native Americans, related to the Shosone, a western tribe. With the discovery of Southern California for Spain by that country's explorers and later influx of other nationalities, a rich heritage of multiculturalism resulted.
Irvine Links and Resources
- Irvine Ranch Conservancy
- OCOne-Stop | One-Stop Business Services - Home
Through the collaborative efforts of federal, state, county, local agencies, and business, the Orange County One-Stop Centers are designed to meet the needs of the employer and job seeker. These Centers provide a more coordinated, customer-friendly,
- Welcome to Calnevjatc
California-Nevada J.A.T.C. - Apprenticeship Training in the Electrical Construction Industry. Over 500 Line Contractors in the unionized electrical construction industry.
- Indeed.Com for Irvine, California
Job Postings updated daily.
KIIS FM at Woodbridge High School
Focus on Energy Efficiency and Green Jobs
Irvine city government provides business incentives to companies in irvine to conserve energy and establish green jobs. This city is in the middle of California's Technology Coast and has planned to bring green technologies into daily life and work. As a result, dozens of recomendations for sustainabilty are available to new businesses that build in Irvine.
The WIA in Orange County has functioned as a Jobs Services provider for Irvine since the laste 1990s. In 2009, additional funds were received form the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act for these and anciliary purposes.
Destination Irvine also serve to draw new residents and businesses to this community.
59,000+ jobs in late October 2010.
Companies Hiring Most
- AppleOne - Banking, Finance, Insurance
- Cybercoders - IT in all industries.
- Bank of America
- Global Investment Firms
- Broadcom - Communications
- Kaiser Permanente
- University of California, Irvine
- United Health Group
- Prudential Real Estate
Top 10 Employers
- University of California, Irvine
- Irvine Unified School District
- St. John Knits - Knit Garments
- The Irvine Company - Real Estate
- Parker Hannifan - Aircraft Parts
- Allergan – Pharmaceuticals
- Freedom Communication Inc. – Media
- New Century Financial Corp.
- Parker Aerospace - Aerospace & Defense
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp.- Heart Valves & related
Job Listings and Salaries
Indeed.Com, a major Internet job listings board showed over 28,000 job openings within 25 miles of Irvine in May 2009. In late October 2010, over 58,900 job openings were available, an increase of 45%. The ARRA Stimulus Package and efforts of UC-Irvine to work with government and business to create more green and life sciences jobs faster, boosted the economy in the longer term.
Nearby Locations Offering Jobs in the 25-mile Radius
- Anaheim, Santa Ana, Long Beach, Orange, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Orange, Brea.
Top 10 Job Listings
- Retail Sales Reps
- Financial Analysts
- Sales Managers and Associates - all levels, includes wireless communications.
- Physical Therapists
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Administrative Assistants
- Customer Support and Service Reps
- Occupational Therapists
- Account Executives - Insurance, Finance, and other fields.
Other Top Jobs:
- Project Managers
- Software Engineers
Many of these occupations are available in the Insurance, Banking, and Finance sectors and some are avaiable in Healthcare and IT.
Top 10 Jobs Forecast Through 2016
The Santa Ana-Anaheim-Irvine Metro Area is forecast by the State of California to offer the most jobs from 2009 - 2016 in the following occupational titles:
- Network Systems & Data Communications Analysts
- Occupational Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapy Assistants
- Medical Assistants, Physician Assistants, Dental Hygienists & Assistants
- Gambling & Betting: Book Writers/Runners
- Animal Trainers and Craft Artists (tie)
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Computer Software Applications Engineers
- Audio-Video Equipment Techs
- Athletic Trainers
- Forensic Science Techs (similar to CSI)
Sports in Irvine
- Action Auto Sports
- Cycle City Motor Sports
- Sarko Motor Sports
- UC Irvine Athletics
Higher Education at Irvine
- Alliant International University
- California State University Fullerton: Irvine Campus
- Chapman University College - Irvine
- Concordia University
- Fashion Institute of Design
- Irvine Valley College
- Kaplan Aspect English Programs, IVC
- Stanbridge College
- University of California - Irvine
- USC Orange County Center
Cutting Edge Research at UC - Irvine
The following are just a few of the current research projects ongoing at UC-Irvine. Funding for research comes from a large variety of Federal and State entities, and public and private foundations, companies, and individuals. The environment, clean technologies, and sustainability in business and at home are essential foci.
A Sampling of Research Projects
- Epilepsy Treatment - Research Award given to Dr. Tallie Z. Baram.
- Urban Water Supplies
- Climate Change
- Funding for Ongoing Medical Research - How to gather and sustain.
- Music and Live Performance
- Mexico and Swine Flu
- Cantonese Opera in the Bay Area
- The Brain, Data and Expectations
- Handheld Technologies
- Native Americans in Southern California
Join HubPages for Free
Connect with some important information, entertaining stories, and fun.
Sign up at HubPages and add opinions, answer questions, and find & share resources. Connect free by SIGNING UP HERE.
More by this Author
Danbury has been famous for hats and mad hatters, but currently is known for visitor's attractions. Hats are still on the menu!
What are the jobs that kill the most people? Which occupations are the most dangerous and deadly? Top 1-10 and 11-20 of the most fatal jobs in the US.
Which phrase is correct in proper English grammar–"in person" or "in-person"? Is it an adjective or an adverb? The answer depends on context.