Business and Life In Paradise, Las Vegas
If You Need a Job in Nevada
The community of Paradise is located as an anchor in the Paradise/Las-Vegas labor-force area of Clark County, Nevada. The Strip of Las Vegas is actually located in unincorporated Paradise.
If you live in or near Las Vegas, Nevada, you're likely familiar with the Vegas Strip and the sorts of tourist-related businesses and jobs available there. If you are relocating to Las Vegas, you may have visited previously and seen these places for yourself.
If you need a job that pays at least a living wage in this city, follow the steps below. If you want to move into the area, many jobs and career opportunities are available and the information below will prove useful.
Transportation and Training
If you need transportation in or out of the area and are lacking funds, remember that the Salvation Army policy has for years been to provide a free one-way bus ticket. The organization is doing this in Ohio and members of the Salvation Army have told me that the bus ticket provision is the national policy of the non-profit company.
Access the Clark County, Nevada Department of Labor Job-search and Placement Services online and keep following up with them until you find the employment you need and want.
You may qualify for training funds through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), if you need more than county-approved basic job services and many people do need this training and can benefit from it. Don't be shy or you will be overlooked -- The staff at this county office is paid precisely to help you find a job and ways to receive the necessary training if you need it. In short, it is their job to help find your job, but you must be persistent.
Finding a Job in Paradise and Las Vegas
Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation
- 2800 E. St. Louis Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89104 <or>
- 500 East Third Street - Carson City, NV 89713
- General Info: (775) 684-3849 - FAX: (775) 684-3850 - TTY: (775) 687-5353
Do not hesitate to approach the Human Services Department for assistance with rent, food, transportation - anything; if they cannot help you they are to have a list of resources that can do so.
These particular offices advertise help with plane fare, bus fare, and gasoline. The amount of assistance they provide depends on how much is left in their yearly allowance from the state and federal governments at the time of year you approach them. Still, they should have lists of other resources if their own funds are depleted.
For help with medical, financial and transportation needs:
- 1600 Pinto Lane; Las Vegas, NV 89106
- Phone: (702) 455-4270; Fax (702) 455-5950
The Las Vegas Strip is located in Paradise NVClick thumbnail to view full-size
HIgh Growth Jobs through 2022 and 2100 AD
Job Title and Percent of Jobs Increase yearly for the 2010s (from BLS)
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts 102% (more than double)
- Computer Software Engineers, Applications 101% (more than double)
- College-Level Vocational Education Teachers 94%
- Community & Social Service Specialists 92%
- Personal and Home Care Aides 88% - Will increase through 2100 AD
- Self-Enrichment Education Teachers 87%
- Social & Human Service Assistants 86% - Should increase through 2100 AD
- Home Health Aides 85% - Will increase through 2100 AD
- Other Teachers and Instructors 84%
- Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers 83%
- Computer Software Engineers 82%
- Interpreters & Translators 82%
- Grounds Maintenance Technicians 80%
- Substance Abuse & Behavioral Disorder Counselors 80%
- Bill and Accounts Collectors 79%
- Dental Assistants & Hygienists 79%
- Business Teachers 78%
- Faith/Religious Workers 78%
- Clergy - all faiths 77%
- Physician Assistants 76% - Increase with continue through 2100 AD
Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts
High Demand Occupations with Higher Turnover
Occupations with from 4200 to 11,000 yearly job openings each in the Paradise Area:
- Food Prep and Service
- Office and Administrative Support
- Sales & Support
- Construction Jobs
- Retail Sales
- Food and Beverage Service
- Transportation and Material Movers
- Personal Care and Service - likely to increase through 2100 AD
- Building/Grounds Cleaning & Maintenance
Snapshot of Current Job Listings: Spring 2014
The number of available jobs increased 19% from May 2013 to May 2014.
Highest Demand Jobs out of over 39,000 listed openings included:
- Graphic, Web and Logo Designers
- Truck Drivers
- IT Engineers
- Guestroom Attendants
- Assistant Store Managers
- Physical Therapists
- Store Managers
- Various Hotel Jobs
- Occupational Therapists
From May through November 2014, jobs advertised increased to 41,000 openings (see the link below).
Autumn 2014 Job Increases for Las Vegas Area
- US States with the Lowest Job Competition
Some US States can offer a job opening to every unemployed person who wants to work. However, are they jobs that people can and want to do?
- Several Temporary Employment Services - IT and healthcare jobs, especially.
- MGM Resorts
- Valley Health System
- Trucking companies
- WYNDHAM HOTELS
- Ameriplan - Insurance, especially health insurance.
- Universal Health System
- Pizza Hut and McDonald's
Colleges and Universities
- Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy
- Apollo College, Las Vegas
- College of Southern Nevada
- Great Basin College
- Desert Research Institute
- High-Tech Institute
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts
- Nevada State College
- Truckee Meadows Community College
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Western Nevada College
Check these institutions for job openings as well as educational programs.
Las Vegas - Paradise Sports
- Las Vegas 51s (PCLBl) - Cashman Field
- Las Vegas Wranglers (ECHL) Orleans Arena
- Las Vegas Strikers Men's Soccer(NPSL) - Bettye Wilson Soccer Complex
- Las Vegas Tabagators Women's Soccer (WPSL)
- Las Vegas Stars International Basketball League - Stations Sports Complex
- Las Vegas PROLYM - ABA
- Sin City Roller Girls - Roller Derby
- Other: Mixed Martial Arts Tournaments; Boxing Matches; NASCAR Racing; National Rodeos; Sports televised in many casinos; Golf; other competitions.
Computer Software Engineers
Additional Information About Nevada
- Area 51 Conspiracy Theories and the Truth
The US government, USAF staff & Ufologists paint Area 51 in several layers of truth. I've spoken to Project Blue Book in the past, but learned recently about
- Best 10 Growing Jobs in Reno, Nevada
Reno was once called The Divorce Capital of the World for its short residency requirement. Reno is now a leader in Technologies, Healthcare, Social Services, and Education - and FUN.
- Lake Tahoe - The Female Native American Experience
Who Have the Power: A Legend of the West by Mary Sheeran. A novel of the history of Lake Tahoe, Washoe nation, Virginia City, music, and human rights.
Lake Tahoe, setting for the book "Who Have the Power"
More by this Author
Phoenix lost many jobs in the Recession of 2008 -2010, but began to recover during 3rd Quarter 2011. With a job surge in 2012, Phoenix enters 2013 with the most on-seasonal new jobs created in the local market for some...
California experienced financial setbacks in the 2000s, but aerospace began to grow. California is home to more aerospace companies in NASA's Commercial Crew than any other US State. Go Mars! Go Moon!
My "Characteristics of the Ideal Employee" comes from 15 years' consensus of employers in a range of industries. These ideals can help you gain a job and earn promotions. See some added new tips!