Top 10 High Paying Hot Jobs in Singapore
Jobs in Singapore
Singapore is an island city state in Asia which is highly westernized and currently has seen a strong economic growth as well. The recent surveys have clearly shown that now 18% employers are expected to hire more workers, as previously recession had slowed down the process to a great extent.
In Singapore, contemporary economy is greatly based upon manufacturing and services and so the island city state features a higher per capita GDP. Financial services, exports, commodities exchanges and industries have been supporting the economy of Singapore and have made it more prosperous. These days, oil drilling equipments and electronic industries and other chemical plants are exceedingly adding to the economy and are offering more jobs to the people in Singapore.
People can expect around 9000 jobs in business
services, 6000 in financial intermediation, 5000 in computer related
activities, 4000 in transport and logistics, 300 in education and 2500 in
health care. Perhaps it may be worthwhile to check out How to find a job in Singapore
Top 10 Hot Jobs in Singapore
- Computer and Information Systems Manager: The vital backbone of a company is formed by a computer and information manager, who even enjoys good career prospects. In the field of Computer Science and Engineering, a good IT degree is required and typical pay rates on an average are $6200.
- Editor (newspaper and periodicals): People in this field initially start as journalists and then move up in the profession as they gain experience. The background in this field requires English, Mandarin or Malay as qualification along with journalism, mass communication and other humanities disciplines. The pay scale in this field varies from $6,300 to $7,400.
- Business Management Consultant: When the top management companies require consultancy, they seek advice from a business management consultant. For this designation, just a few positions are offered and only the best candidates can go in for these posts. The general pay scales for the fresh candidates range from $6,400-$7,200.
- Legal profession (Lawyers, Advocates/Solicitors and other Legal Officers): There are some requirements set by the Board of Legal Education and for a person to become a practicing lawyer, satisfying these requirements is very important. In addition to this, they also need to undergo six months of pupilage in a law firm for earning a good amount between $6,700 - $8,000.
- Research and Development Manager: Most of the MNC’s have their Research and Development centers based in Singapore and the managers in this field are completely responsible for supervising the processes involved with new products and technology development. R&D managers always require some prior experience and advanced degree for applying for this designation and their pay scale varies from $6,900 and $8,200.
- Futures Trader and Broker: Future Traders and Brokers buy and sell assets at a fixed price and at a fixed date in future. In this field, people can easily work as a part of a brokerage or bank and can earn around $7000.
- Creative Director (Advertising): With some recognized global advertising agencies in Singapore like Ogilvy & Mather, people can easily grab the opportunities to work as this designation along with earning a handsome amount of around $8,500 to $11,000.
All About Singapore
- Amusement Parks in Singapore
- Living in Singapore
- Singapore Travel Tips
- Singapore Car Rental - Car Hire and Road Guidelines
- Best Golf Courses in Singapore
- Best Resorts in Singapore
- Best Luxury Hotels in Singapore
- Best Business Schools in Singapore
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum
- Haunted Places in Singapore
- Festivals of Singapore
- Physicians and Surgeons: Physicians, general Practitioners and surgeons have a bright future, although their way to success is quite hard. In an island city state like this, people can easily earn $7,500 to $11,000 or even more.
- Commercial Airline Pilot and Flight Inspector: The training of pilots involves lots of hard work and investment, but professionally trained pilots can easily earn an attractive amount ranging from $9,400 to $19,500.
- Fund Manager: Fund Managers administer the fund pooled by different small investors and being the job portfolio so tough, people need to be professionally trained. This designation offers a very good pay scale ranging from $12,400 - $20,400.
More by this Author
With Mixed Martial Arts fights and demonstrations slowly becoming a worldwide phenomenon, many have traveled the world to seek out the best martial arts and master the techniques. Military and police...
Julian Beever is an English chalk artist who has been creating chalk drawings on pavement since the mid-1990s that create the illusion of three dimensions when viewed from the right location. These trompe-l'oeil...
In Ayurvedic philosophy, the five elements namely air, earth, ether, fire and water combine in pairs to form three dynamic forces or interactions called 'doshas'. Dosha literally means "that which changes."...