Top 10 Websites for Filipinos
There’s no denying that Filipinos are among the most updated citizens when it comes to internet. No wonder, we’ve been dubbed as the ‘internet capital in Asia’ and at the same time the ‘text innovator of the East’.
Ever heard of the ‘jejemon’? Even I, can’t understand what they’re texting. This goes to show that Filipino youth are changing the conventional way of sending messages to their chums and family.
According to the research conducted by Absolute Option, the following sites are among the most visited that Filipinos use during their internet hours.
1. Facebook – There are 70 million legitimate accounts that Filipinos are using in this premiere social networking site to date.
2. Google.com.ph – this local Google site will translate your search into Filipino language if you don’t understand English language that much.
3. YouTube – Uploading homemade videos showing events at home, friends and special occasions.
4. Twitter- composing messages up to 140 characters. Known us the SMS in internet.
5. Yahoo- for storing e-mails, news, trending issues and educational purposes.
6. Google- for quick browsing and research. You can open your e-mail account on it and activate your Orkut social network account, too. Orkut fares well in Brazil rather than Facebook.
7. Blogger- The first to introduce virtual diary on the internet.
8. Wikipedia – the internet encyclopedia. You can also open you account here or apply as one of the writers on this free-commercial site.
9. Multiply- it’s not so popular like Facebook, but Filipinos are getting aware of its user-friendly applications.
10. MySpace-The former number 1 in social networking easily fizzled when Facebook era started.
Before Facebook was launched internationally, Filipinos are the main users of Friendster, a social networking site which just went down the hill. I can’t even open my account now. MySpace was easily dominated by Facebook. More and more accounts are being open at the most-in-demand social medium to date.
Being one of internet users at home, I use site that I would recommend to you.
1. If you want to take a step in virtual writing, you can sign up for HubPages account. Write worth-reading articles and monetize it through Google AdSense.
2. Have you ever heard of SWOM? I opened my own account, but can’t use it frequently. It’s a social networking site where you can earn money, too.
3. Affiliates like eBay and Amazon will make you earn money through links and recommendations on your Hubpages, Blogger and Google accounts.
Top 10 Websites
Top 10 Most Viewed Websites c/o CJRSmash
Get stuck on the web...especially on Hubpages!
More by this Author
The empowerment of volunteers in many communities here in the Philippines is the main project of DSWD-KALAHI-CIDSS:NCDDP, not just the foreign-funded projects being given to the selected barangays.
Water Bonsai is the latest fad in home gardening. The beautiful twist is that you can grow the saplings of your choice inside your home due to a technology initiated by a Filipino inventor, Edwin dela Torre.
Ever heard of sweet rice cake? Perhaps not, when you're still not living here in the Philippines. Let me teach you on how to make this Filipino delicacy. Get ready with your sweet tooth.