Top 15 Hot Jobs in Louisville CO
The Best Place to Live
As of 2009, Louisville's population is 18,800+ people, a slight decline since the year 2000. However, Money Magazine recommends this city as the Best Place to Live in America. It does not offer much room for increasing its population at less than 8 square miles of land, but it does offer a good education system, low crime rate, good standard of living and higher median family income when compared with the rest of the country.
The City of Louisville is near Boulder CO and Denver. Even though smaller in size than some other economically strong suburbs in American, Louisville has about 1700 acres of dedicated open, green space. Business growth is planned to occur in the Centennial Valley area and the office/industrial park called the Colorado Tech Center. Thus, additional growth in new jobs for Louisville is also planned by city officials in conjunction with business and educational/training facilities.
People like living in Louisiville because of its proximity to natural scenic sites and outdoor activities as well as because of its small-town atmosphere with metropolitan convenience. Louisville offers not only its own green space, but also 30 miles of hiking and bike trails. In addition, The Rocky Mountain National Park is under 60 minutes away by car and eight World-Class ski resorts are within a short driving distance as well. The clean air and dry climate most of the year are attractive to many residents.
Job Listings Increased 8,178% from 2/09 - 10/09
Louisville is Number One on the 2009 Top 10 List of Best Places to Live, in part because jobs contribute a great deal to that distinction. In the autumn of 2009, employment listings included 23,000+ open jobs advertised on the Internet alone for the Louisville area. Employment projections have been offered by the state and local government through the year 2018, as shown further below, and job listings match several of these projections. Unemployment rates locally have been lower than in the nation on average, suggesting even further that substantial numbers of job openings exist in Louisville.
Job titles in bold type below match the official government forecasts for high demand jobs increasing to 2018.
TOP HIGH DEMAND JOBS
- Physical Therapists and Assistants
- Store Managers
- Sales Representatives
- Assistant Managers
- Sr Software Engineers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Project Managers
- Occupational Therapists
- Taco Bell Assistant Managers and Shift Leaders
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Patient Coordinators, tied with Healthcare Volunteers (unpaid)
- Physicians: Oncologists,Rehabilitation
- Health/Medical Technologists and Technicians
Louisville Labor Markets
Increasing Job Listings 2009 - 2010, with 44,500+ in October 2010
Top 15 Job Listers
The companies that list the highest numbers of job on the Internet job search and employment trending sites Indeed and SimplyHired include:
- HCA Healthcare
- Exempla Healthcare
- University of Colorado, Denver
- Collier, Vinson and Demonbruen
- Taco Bell, tied with Petsmart
- Children's Hospital in Aurora CO
- CDI - Information Technology jobs
- Medical Connections
- US Air Force
- Centura Health
- Level 3 Communications
- Denver Public Schools
The IBM Story
Major Healthcare Employers
- Centura Health: Avista Adventist Hospital– Centura is the largest healthcare provider and employer in the region, non-profit and faith-based. Services include the convenient Ask-A-Nurse call in hotline for information and help at (303) 777-6877. Centura also operates Centura Rehabilitation. Centura frequently-listed jobs include:
- Registered Nurses (RN) - Psychiatric
- Ob Techs RN Regional Pool for Centura Health
- Cat Scan Techs RN for the Float Pool RNs - Psychiatric Float Pool
- Patient Care Associates
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- RNs- Orthopedic
- RNs- General Medical and Surgical
- Nursing Extenders – General Medicine
- Supply Chain Specialists
- RNs for the Porter Hospice
- Social Workers
- Centennial Peaks Hospital
- Children's Hospital North Campus - Broomfield CO
- Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center
- St Anthony North Hospital - Westminster CO
- Boulder Community Hospital and Community Medical Center
Employment Projections to 2018
A summary of expected highest-demand jobs to the year 2018 include:
- All Food Industry Positions
- Health/Medical Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners
- Business and Financial Operations
- Computer Specialists
- Computer and Math Occupations
- Personal Care and Service - Personal and health aides.
- Teaching K-12 and College Level and other Instructors
- Business Operations Specialists
- Healthcare Support
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Facilities/Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance
- Protective Services
- Customer Service
- Social Services
Many towns in the MidWest and West in America began as railroad towns or mining communities. Louisville began as a mining town in the late 19th Century. When mining went into decline during the 1950s, the town became a residential community that could serve larger cities nearby, including Boulder, Denver, and Aurora.
Besides the Rocky Mountains, Louisville provides breathtaking veiws of the Flatiron Mountains and Indian Peaks. The Historic Downtown area is under constant planning and developmet by city fathers. The railroad did come through Colorado near Louisville afer mining took hold of the economy and Downtown Louisville is set to build a new station for modern rail transporation. Trains will run to Boulder and Denver.
- Louisville CO on Facebook
- FlatIron Crossing - Shopping
- Louisville Colorado Restaurant directory
- Indian Peaks Golf Course
- Colorado Golf Courses, Denver Golf Courses, golf colorado
Discover an incredible golf experience at one of the finest Colorado golf courses. Coal Creek Golf Course, unlike many other Colorado golf courses, provides a service oriented staff and breathtaking views.
Louisville outranks the State of Colorado as a whole in the educational achievement of its workers and residents. For Louisville, 37.6% have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 22.3% have earned a Graduate or Professional Degree. This compares to 21.6% and 11.1% in the State of Colorado overall.
Higher Education in Louisville
- Boulder College-Massage Therapy
- Colorado Christian University
- Colorado School of Mines
- Community College of Aurora
- Community College of Denver
- CPC & Associates
- Denver Seminary
- De Vry University
- Evolutionary Genomics
- Front Range Community College
- Iliff School of Theology
- Johnson & Wales University
- Metropolitan State College of Denver
- Naropa Universityand Naropa Extended Studies
- Queens College
- Red Rocks Community College
- Redstone College
- Regis University
- University of Colorado
- University of Denver
More by this Author
Phoenix lost many jobs in the Recession of 2008 -2010, but began to recover during 3rd Quarter 2011. With a job surge in 2012, Phoenix enters 2013 with the most on-seasonal new jobs created in the local market for some...
California experienced financial setbacks in the 2000s, but aerospace began to grow. California is home to more aerospace companies in NASA's Commercial Crew than any other US State. Go Mars! Go Moon!
Which phrase is correct in proper English grammar–"in person" or "in-person"? Is it an adjective or an adverb? The answer depends on context.