Top 15 Hot Jobs in Warren NJ
Best Places to Live
Warren Township is the 6th best Pace to Live in America, according to Money Magazine in 2009. It is a suburb not only of Newark NJ, but also of New York City, with 1000s of jobs available in the area..
Like the rest of northeastern USA, NJ was home first to the Naive Americans that discovered the continent approximately 12,000+ years ago. Warren was home to the Lenape nation from around 8,000 BC before it was settled by Europeans for farmland about 1720. By 1900, Warrren had become a resort to where the rich from New York City went to relax. Today, Warren is a mix of technology and farms, with 72 working farms actively producing agricultural plants and animals.
Warren was also important to the American Revolution, particularly in the Battle of Bunker Hill (see video below). In fact, Warren was named after General Joseph Warren, who died in that battle.
Battle of Bunker Hill
Warren NJ Links
- The Battle of Bunker Hill
The Battle of Bunker Hill in 1775 part of the American Revolution / war of independence, this battle was between British troops of the Boston garrison against troops of the American Continental Army with Major General Howe against General Artemas War
- Wagner Farm Arboretum
- Warren Township Historical Society
Website of the Warren Township Historical Society, Warren, New Jersey
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: Health and Health Care Improvement - RWJF
The mission of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is to improve the health and health care of all Americans.
Top 20 Hiring Companies
- Kforce Professional Staffing
- Ajilon Professional Staffing
- Critical Connection
- Robert Half Finance & Accounting U.S.
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Medical Connections
- Morristown Memorial Hospital
- Bayada Nurses
- Princeton University
- Daiichi Sankyo - Pharmaceuticals
- Atlantic Health
- Somerset Medical Center
- Merrill Lynch
- RMS Computer Corporation
Top 15 Job Listings
The jobs listed in bold print are among those on official state and local projections for highest growth jobs in Warren-Newark to 2016.
- Dental Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Front Desk Clerks and Receptionists
- Independent Beauty Consultants - contractors
- Certified Dental Assistants
- Registered Nurses (RNs) - General Nursing and Pediatrics
- Patient Services Techs
- Retail Wireless Customer Service
- Sales Associates/Salespersons
- Financial Analysts
- Senior and Staff Accountants
- Java Developers
- Other Software Engineers
Other Top Jobs
- Project Managers
- Certified Home Health Aides
- Merchandising Staff
- Administrative Assistants
- Bank Tellers
- Financial Consultants
- Store Managers and Assistant Managers
- Tax Professionals - CPAs and trained preparation specialists.
Employment Projections to 2016
The forecasted most quickly increasing job categories are presented below, but they are different than in many other metropolitan areas in the US.
Three categories, Numbers 1,5, and 12 are all about mental health and communty & social services in the Warren-Newark metro area. This may be because any or all of the following events:
- Increasing population size,
- Increasing incidence of problems,
- Increasing effectiveness of mental health and social services systems to recognize and address problems,
Part of Downtown and Urban Revitalization procedures in successful and fat growing cities and towns is to put into place adequate education preschooll-adult, mental health systems, substance abuse services, and social/community services. These can reduce crime and other negative events in the city or town as a whole and bring a fresh image that draws additional business and residents.
- Social and Human Service Assistants
- Geoscientists, Except Hydrologists and Geographers
- Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary Level (College Level)
- Agricultural Workers
- Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
- Computer Software Engineers
- Concierges - Hotels, conference centers, and personal
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Financial Analysts
- Athletes and Sports Competitors - This category in particular differs than in other cities and states.
- Makeup Artists - entertainment venues.
- Community and Social Service Specialists
- Physician Assistants
- Medical Assistants
- Radiation Therapists
Physical therapists and physical therapy assistants, as well as othe rhealthcare professionals, are needed in a sports medicine or sports team atmosphere in the Warren-Newark area.
Various local School Boards often need coaching and assisting staff people,
The National Basketball Association advertises positions in Warren-Newark on SimplyHired.com.
Robert Wood Johnson
- Children's Specialized Hospital
- Greenbrook Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- JFK Medical Center
- Matheny School & Hospital
- Overlook Hospital
- Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital - major research and teaching hospital whose foundation provides numerous grants to other institutions and agencies each year.
- Runnells Specialized Hospital
- Rutgers University Hospital
- St. Peters University Hospital
- Somerset Medical Center
- Trinitas Hospital Child & Adolescent Services
- Us Gov VA Hospital - Basking Ridge NJ
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
At least 4,861 hospitals nationwide were examined and evaluated and the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital scored in the list of top hospitals in heart care and heart surgery, cancer treatment and prevention, and respiratory disorder treatment. This was achieved after a through investigation performed by the well known U.S.News & World Report’sin a 2009 nationwide ranking best hospitals in America. Further, this institution has been on the list for three years.
The hospital is well known for its robotic heart surgery and Level I Trauma Care facility.
Located in nearby New Brunswick, the hospital and medical university have attracted new residents and business, helping to create an 84% increase in job listings in the city over the last year.
For jobs at the New Brunswick site of this organization, search at RWJ Jobs.
Robert Woods Johnson Jobs and Health
Saint Barnabas Health Care System
The Saint Barnabas Medical Center is that state's oldest nonprofit, non-sectarian hospital. Well known for robotic surgeries, transplants, and a joint insitute, this hospital has contributed to the local economy by supplying increasing numbers of jobs and drawing new talent to the area.
Local job openings can be searched at Saint Barnabas Careers.
More by this Author
The Founder of Dell Computers has made heavy investments in the Portland Area, which is expanding businesses and creating jobs in an upward trend through 2020. Nova Scotia CA has also invested.
Job listings in New Jersey doubled in the four years between January 2010 to January 2014.
If you watch CSI and CSI Miami on television, you are watching criminology at work. Criminology is an important science in the field of sociology that can help prevent future crimes and help prisons become...