Twitter Job Search - Wow, Fast!
Be the search engine ... sort of
In a sense, everything centers on you with social media - as you become the searchable item.
Some people call these techniques social branding, but if you're looking for a job it doesn't really matter what it's called - you just have to learn how to use it, because as your traditional résumé becomes a search-engine-in-reverse, you have to use the right key words, phrases and terminology - or hiring managers will never find you.
Using key words in Twitter job search engines.
- Go to Twitter's Advanced Search Engine.
- Place a hash mark (#) in front of a word or words that describe the type of work you are looking for (Twitter refers to these combinations of hash marks and words as hashtags).
- In the Mashable video (below), the key words "#greenjobs" are used to illustrate the search. In the screen shot of the actual Twitter Advanced Search Engine site (also below), "#socialmedia jobs" is used - feel free to use either to do a test search.
- Scroll down to the calendar and select a period of time (the video suggests 3 days).
- Click on the box that says Containing Links.
- Click on Search.
- A list of possible jobs appear.
- It's a real search engine, so there are other things you can select to refine your search - Language, Places on the planet - like that.
Please be sure to watch the rest of the Mashable video for more ways to leverage this type of job search - because it's fast and actually works.
The Original Video From Mashable
More by this Author
An abbreviated look at life after military retirement. Ranging from lifespan after military retirement, to how things change, to planning for life as a civilian.
Thanks, I needed that ...
No comments yet.