Vermont For Travel And Winter Vacation Jobs
Fastest Growing Industries Need Workers
The fast-growing jobs in Vermont include new jobs created in Management, Finance & Insurance, Information Technology (IT), Truck Driving ever since the boom in that industry began in 2014, Healthcare, and Vacation Resorts.
The largest single employer in the state is IBM, followed by the US Army.
Companies Hiring the Most Workers In Vermont
Elior North America: Food Service
Howard Center: Support Services for the mentally ill.
The University of Vermont Medical Center
State of Vermont: Government Jobs
Sodexo Inc.: Food Service
Hannaford: Upscale grocery enterprises that began as a simple fruit and vegetable stand.
Securitas: Security Guards
US Army National Guard
People's United Bank
Killington and Pico Ski Resort
Springfield Medical Care Systems
Central Vermont Medical Center
At a Killington Mountain Peak
Top Vermont Resort: Killington and Pico
This ski report consistently offers the greatest number of job openings of all the reports in the state. The resort maintains skiing on six mountain peaks in a group, of which Killington Mountain is the highest. Between that mountain and Pico Mountain, you wail find a golf course. major hiring seasons in this area include summer (hiking, biking, high ropes, zip line, terra-tubing, and skyejumping) and winter (several types of skiing, snowboarding, winter biking, snowshoes, and snow-tubing).
The other mountains in the group are Bear, Ramshead, Skypeak, Snowdon, and Surprise. Pico is found separately from the other five and about 50 miles northwest.
Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports company is located adjacent to the resort, offering options for sports enthusiasts with special needs. Just about anyone can come to this area for a winter vacation and enjoy the outdoor sports.
Killington Mountain experiences an average of 250 inches of natural snowfall each year.
Some Of the 212 Ski Trails at Killington-Pico
High Demand IT Jobs To 2022
Computer Systems Analysts
Information Security Analysts
Software Developers, Applications and Systems Software
Network and Computer Systems Administrators
Computer Network Architects
Computer User Support Specialists
Health and Safety Engineers
Health and Safety Engineers
Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
Drafters, Engineering and Mapping Technicians
Architectural and Civil Drafters
Electrical and Electronics Drafters
Civil Engineering Technicians
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians
Environmental Engineering Technicians
Mechanical Engineering Technicians
Surveying and Mapping Technicians
Largest Employers In Vermont
Largest Employers In Vermont
- IBM at Essex Junction, Vermont
- United States Army at Jericho
- University of VT Medical Ctr at Burlington and Berlin
- Killington Grand Resort
- Jay Peak Resort
- Mt Snow Resort West Dover
- Okemo Mountain Resort
- Rutland Regional Physician
- Rutland Regional Med Center for Rehab
- Grand Summit Hotel at West Dover
- Stratton Mountain Resort at South Londonderry
- Middlebury VT College
- Smugglers' Notch Resort at Jeffersonville
- Southwestern Vermont Medical Center at Bennington
- Air National Guard at South Burlington
Other Resorts Offering Jobs
Stowe Mountain Resort
Sugarbush Resort at Warren
Snowflake Mountain Resort
Woodstock Inn and Resort
Essex Culinary Resort
Basin Harbor Resort
Burton Snowboards (mfg and sales) in Burlington
Highlights Of Some Popular Companies
- Ben & Jerry's Founded by Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield in 1978 in a renovated gas station in downtown Burlington, Vermont. They now offer a progressive benefits package that includes paid family leave, health club memberships and three free pints of Vermont's Finest super premium ice cream products daily.
- King Arthur Flour - America's oldest flour is a national brand. King Arthur Flour owns The Baker's Catalogue of 1,000 professional-grade baking tools and ingredients at http://www.bakerscatalogue.com.
- NRG Systems produces wind assessment systems, tilt-up towers, instruments and sensors that measure and analyze wind speed, direction and other environmental data for wind energy projects. Hinesburg, VT. -- a new 46,000 sq. ft. 'green' facility. NRG Systems predicts it will double their workforce over the next five years. Compensation and benefits package enhances the quality of employees' lives at work and away.
- Orvis The oldest mail order company in the US opened in 1856 and expanded to U.K. Orvis has open career opportunities at headquarters and in retail stores.
Local Sports Teams
Vermont Higher Education
Colleges and Institutes
- Bennington College
- Burlington College
- Champlain College: Burlington
- College of Saint Joseph: Rutland
- Goddard College: Plainfield
- Green Mountain College: Poultney
- Landmark College: Putney. For high potential students with learning disabilities and ADD/ADHD.
- Marlboro College
- Middlebury College
- New England Culinary Institute: Montpelier, Vermont
- Norwich University - Northfield, Vermont. Civil engineering, business administration, arts in diplomacy, justice administration, information assurance, military history; also Norwich University Online.
- Saint Michael's College: Burlington
- School for International Training: Brattleboro
- Southern Vermont College: Bennington
- Sterling College: Craftsbury Common. Small, four-year college specializing in environmental studies, leadership, small-scale agriculture, Center for Northern Studies in Wolcott.
- University of Vermont: Burlington
- Vermont Law School: South Royalton
- Woodbury College: Montpelier
Vermont State Colleges System
- Castleton State College
- Community College of Vermont: Classes are held at Bennington, Brattleboro, Burlington, Middlebury, Montpelier, Morrisville, Newport, Rutland, Springfield, St. Albans, St. Johnsbury, Upper Valley, Waterbury; also Online Learning
- Johnson State College
- Lyndon State College in Lyndonville
- Vermont Technical College in Randolph Center
More by this Author
Philadelphia enjoys a healthy job outlook in Insurance, Healthcare, Information Technology, Travel, Trsportation, and Services.
New York City is committed to maintaining and expanding parks, waterways, greenways, and energy-efficient commercial building & urban renewal. The city is known as the Greenest Big City in America.
Since 2010, news from BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK has been that Canada and Australia were little touched by The Great Recession. New jobs continue to increase.