6 Simple Website Optimization Tips For Better Google Rankings
For smaller businesses and larger companies alike, a strong website presence can be the difference between success and failure, and your rankings in the search engines play an important role in how new customers find your services. Fortunately, some tried and true Google search engine optimization tactics exist that can help your site rank better and faster when implemented correctly.
- Start a company blog – Search engines actively index blog postings because the fresh content is new, relevant and easily scanned. Blogs are ideal for internal linking, as they allow you to use keyword rich anchor text to various pages of your website. For existing websites, adding an integrated blog is typically a simple process, depending on your web hosting company, and they allow you to post mixed media, such as pictures and video.
- Business directories are your friend – Try submitting your site to a few relevant business directories that are pertinent to your industry. There are a lot of directories on the Internet, so carefully choose the ones that can give you the most exposure and the most relevant traffic.
- Harness the power of news outlets – If you let your local news outlets and other Internet outlets know that you are a professional in your field, you can build many valuable back links to your site while creating brand awareness. This is all accomplished simply by alerting them that you are willing to comment on stories or provide information related to a story that a reporter might be working on at the time.
- Write articles, guest blogs and press releases – When you are working on website optimization for Google, the links that point to your site are very important. If you create a lot of great content, you can submit it to article directories, blogs and press release distributors. When properly constructed, this content can generate buzz, build up your site and establish your company as a leader in your industry. The quality of directory that you can submit to (and thus, the link you get from it) will be determined by the quality of your written piece, so take your time to make it the best it can be.
- Join your local chamber of commerce – This accomplishes a few things. It establishes your business as a credible corporation, it gives you a great link back to your site, and it allows you to network with others in your field. This networking alone is worth it, as it can lead to further opportunities down the road for guest blogging and other potential links.
- Do some social bookmarking – Look at sites like Digg and Mixx, and see which ones might benefit your business. While this is a great opportunity to submit your links, make sure that you participate in the community and promote other people’s work as well. Much like social media, interaction is key, as it demonstrates your commitment to your industry, and not just yourself. This is good for your SEO and link building, and when used properly, can help your site rankings in Google.
Search engine optimization is about more than simply optimizing your site from the inside out. To be successful, you must interact with your community and provide the content that they are looking for. When you put the time into your website optimization for Google, you will start seeing results.
Get SEO Advice Right From Google
More by this Author
The Bala shark is an extremely popular freshwater aquarium fish that can be found in most local pet stores. Because of it's resemblance to a shark, many aquarium owners are drawn to it and it is widely popular in the...
Angelfish are popular freshwater aquarium fish. People are attracted to them in local pet stores because of their elegance and their inquisitive nature. Once they find out that angelfish are hardy, and easy to care for,...
The Sunshine Peacock cichlid is a beautiful fish that is native to the waters of Lake Malawi in Africa. Their dazzling yellow and bring blue will add a burst of color to any home aquarium.