Why Do Candidates Fail In An Interview and How to Prevent it?
Winning Job Interviews
1. Poor grooming habits.
2. Ungraceful and discourteous body language.
3. Poor manners.
4. Poor diction.
5. Un-appealing resume.
6. Vague responses.
7. Lack of punctuality.
8. Poor waiting hall behavior. Very important as mostly all employers use CCTVs in the waiting halls to check a
candidate's behavior before taking an interview and prepare in the interview according to the behavior of the candidate and sometimes reject also on basis of that behavior.
9. Monetary benefits centric approach.
10. Unfavorable Behavioral Aspects.
11. Lack of confidence.
12. Lack of enthusiasm.
13. Lack of career goals.
14. Lack of personal goals.
15. Irresponsible behavior.
16. Showing aggressiveness in self justification.
17. Lack of maturity, emotional.
18. Overreacting to queries.
19. Negative attitude.
20. Not taking job seriously.
21. Lacking sense of humor.
22. Complaining about previous employers and about their management.
Have confidence in yourself
How to prevent failure in an interview?
1. Prepare yourself a day before interview.
2. Confirm venue of interview, distance of interview location from your house,
and mode of transport available, confirm exact route.
3. A night before interview, relax, have a good sleep, visualize yourself succeeding it, and pray to God.
What do to on the day of interview?
1. Reach your interview location at least 45 minutes before interview time.
2. Get yourself familiar with ambiance.
3. Don't carry too much baggage.
4. Upon reaching the interview location, report to the concerned authority immediately.
Some links for job interview success
- Interview Success Plan - Interview Day Preparation
- Dressing for Success - What to Wear on an Interview
Dressing for Success: What to wear on an interview, how to dress, and what is not appropriate interview attire.
- Ten Rules for Job Interview Success
The ten key rules for interview success from the country's leading employers, to help job seekers prepare for job interviews
- Job Interview Success
Learn how to perform at job interviews to land the job you really want. Top-level advice from a true expert in the business
- WorkSmart - Tips For Success - Interview
Success Tips is a segment of WorkSmart, which is a multimedia, self-help guide for the person entering the job market. Success Tips includes: The Interview, The Application, and The Resume. This segment teaches how to do a good interview.
- The Secret to Interview Success
Classic Job Interview Questions
More by this Author
Are you afraid of driving a standard transmission car? If yes then read this article that I have written especially for beginners who want to kick start driving a standard transmission car. I have provided step by step...
It has been 15 days since I left my organization. How I can withdraw my provident fund? I recently withdrew my provident fund from the Wazirpur Office in New Delhi, India. Here are some simple steps on how to...
Seven Indian bikes in the 50k to 70k range. This list is old but is still useful for many.
No comments yet.