85% of pursuing your Dream Career involves looking inside yourself and that's what I'm doing.
I've been stuck in a "cubicle career" that I basically fell into - it's a good job, but drains me.
It's awesome that you're pursuing your dream job!! Keep moving forward.
Here's what I'm doing & would recommend others to do:
1. Analyze yourself (skills, talent, experience, etc.) some basic questions to ask:
- What have you done that just seems natural?
- What makes the time fly by when you're doing it?
- Looking back on your life what are the repeated patterns?
- If money was no object what would you do with your life?
2. What steps does it take to do your dream job?
- More education?
- More training?
Can you transition slowly or do you need to jump right into your dream career?
A good book to read is Quitter - http://www.quitterbook.com/ - he talks about working towards his dream job while still working full-time doing something else.
3. Create a plan with goals to get you there!
- Don't wait till you're ready, start working towards your goal NOW!
- Move forward with incremental changes, set realistic ladder rung goals that take you towards your goal one step at a time.
4. Tape notes on your mirror, put them around your desk - "I am a successful..."
- Success experts constantly remind us that "We are what we think about most of the time" that's the power of the mind!
Keep Pressing on to Acheive your dreams - hope this helps!