Based on my own experience:
- I think one of the most popular ways of generating some income from home is selling through eBay and Amazon.
These places provide you with ready traffic of millions of daily visitors.
Decide what products you would like to sell, basing it on your own interests will be great as you will enjoy it more (but do your research).
You can source your products from wholesalers or manufacturers for best profit margin.
Personally, I have always been interested in selling on these 2 platforms because I knew I didn't have to worry about the marketing part, market was already there.
I tried selling various different things, but I always wanted to sell unique products, so I decided to use public domain products (copyright free books etc.) and repackage them into CD/DVD compilations. This is what I'm still 'perfecting'. My cost is almost zero, apart from time spent in the product creation and the listing cost.
- Or you could start blogging if you like writing. Set up blogs on topics that interest you and monetize them by adding affiliate links and Google Adsense.
- Buying second-hand books from charity shops and car boot sales and selling them on Amazon is also of a great interest to many people.
- You could offer 'Internet Research' services to Copywriters. Their main problem is often time, therefore they need people who can research the topic for them. You could do this via websites like Elance.com
- You could also write ebooks and sell via Amazon Kindle store.
For all these options there are various business blueprints out there to help you started.
Anything you decide to do will require time and dedication. I don't know of any 'real' work from home that would make anyone money quickly.