Cassandra Goduti profile image 60

How would you feel if you were fired from your place of employment via streaming video?

This question is based on a movie I was recently watching, "Up in the Air" starring George Clooney. The words used over video com knowing that a packet was send a head and is laying on the table in front of you. "Mr./Ms.....The reason we are having this conversation is your position is no longer available." "Hearing the words you are let go is never easy. Change is always scary. But consider the following: anybody who has ever built an empire or changed the world sat where you are now. And it is because they sat there, they were able to do it." What is your thought on this impersonal process.

pippap profile image93

pippap says

• teaches12345 profile image

Dianna Mendez (teaches12345) 4 years ago

I agree, it is so impersonal to let someone go via video. However, I suspect they may use it to avoid any negative interactions and to lessen the guilt.

Larry Wall says