83

Any tips for conducting a long distance job search?

I am currently an Americorps volunteer, starting to look at more job options for when my service is over. I am single and have no kids, so basically most of the country is game for my job search. Any tips for when you're applying for a job from afar? I'm a little worried about the logisitcs of relocation, or scheduling/attending interviews when I'm on a very tight budget.

Life and Luxury profile image82

Best Answer Life and Luxury says

• ElleBee 4 years ago

Very good point about cities having more job opportunities. The info on phone interviews is exactly what I was looking for.

StandingJaguar profile image94

Amy (StandingJaguar) says

• ElleBee 4 years ago

Yes indeed.com is great. I am focused more on #1 than #2 right now, as I'd be willing to relocate almost anywhere in the Northeast or Midwest. Good suggestion on explaining my readiness to move in cover letter.

isenhower33 profile image62

Bobby Isenhower (isenhower33) says

• ElleBee 4 years ago

Yeah - I detest heat so Florida is out for me! I most likely will stick with the Northeast and/or Midwest (both of which I lived in before)... as for the rent/expenses thing its just impt that my income and expenses are in a good ratio

0

Sarra Garrett says

• ElleBee 4 years ago

Yes linkedin is great! I have been using it for about two years now, and its definitely helpful.