Wesley Clark profile image 60

Let's assume all jobs paid the same. With that in mind, what would you do for a living?

A long time ago, before I started my own business, I asked the above question, when I was a manager at a software company. Actually a longer form. Let's assume we lived in a world in which all jobs paid the same. Bill Gates and the janitor down the street got paid the same. What would you do for a living? I used this question when I interviewed candidates for positions. You'd be surprised at what people would say, as opposed to what they had been doing as a job in the past, or what they were applying for.

bankscottage profile image92

bankscottage says

• Wesley Clark profile image

Wesley Clark 4 years ago

bankscottage, I really appreciate your words. As for me, the Air Force was great because of the comraderie. I enjoy what I do now because I help people & provide direction. I would personally like to do more speaking, but haven't pursued it eno

fitmom profile image89

fitmom says

unknown spy profile image76

IAmForbidden (unknown spy) says

0

Larry Wall says

• Wesley Clark profile image

Wesley Clark 4 years ago

Larry, I agree with you. All the wealth made in a job of which you derive no personal satisfaction, but do it for the money is a dead end. Thank you for your input.

0

GoldenThreadPress says

• Wesley Clark profile image

Wesley Clark 4 years ago

GoldenThreadPress, that's fantastic! You seem to express a passion for what you do, and that I am sure provides the fuel to speed you towards your dreams. Best of Success to you!

0

Garifalia says

• Wesley Clark profile image

Wesley Clark 4 years ago

duffsmom, iburmaster, garifalia, it sounds like you are doing what is best for you and you are happy....this is good!

unknown spy, are you working towards becoming a civil engineer? If so, keep pushing forward.

fitmom, dolphins, that would be cool!