StaceyCCVC profile image 60

Do you respond "Thank you" or "I know"

If someone shares with you information that you are already aware of, do you respond: "Thank you" or "I know"? In what situation would one or the other be more appropriate? How to you respond to someone who seems to always respond "I know"?

• StaceyCCVC profile image

Stacey Cogswell (StaceyCCVC) 3 years ago

It is discouraging, to say the least, for me. I have a coworker who's regular response is "i know" and it makes it difficult to want to communicate.

Fastian profile image78

Fastian says

• StaceyCCVC profile image

Thanks Fastian. I agree that a thanks is usually the more polite answer, which is why I posted the question. I get "I know" a lot (especially from co-workers). I was starting to wonder if I was in the minority on this manor.

dghbrh profile image60

deergha (dghbrh) says

• StaceyCCVC profile image

My initial response (to the "i know") is usually to say "you're welcome" :) But that rarely would get a good result so I refrain.

0

Old Empresario says

• StaceyCCVC profile image

Nice comments, a response like you described would show that you listened and are engaged in the conversation.

0