Billie Kelpin profile image 90

What is the most meaningfu compliment you have received regarding your WORK or PROFESSION?

I have two purpose in asking this question: 1. To give us all an opportunity to feel safe in shedding the humility we have to show in "real" life and left someone else know what we've done. 2. To see what kind of compliments about our work are/were meaningful. I was thinking today that I've never really received a compliment for my interpreting for deaf students. However, I remember one of my profoundly deaf students was the only one who got an "A" in history test based solely on lectures. The teacher said, "She didn't hear one word of what I said so all of her information was from you!"

chenrong profile image84

Chen Rong (chenrong) says

Stephanie7889 profile image86

Stephanie Constantino (Stephanie7889) says

PoeticPhilosophy profile image79

PoeticPhilosophy says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

Lovely compliment! I know what you mean by the WAY someone gives you a compliment. It's like you KNOW that by the way it's said that it's truly a heartfelt compliment. And thanks for YOUR unexpected compliment to me! Very kind of you.

Renaudgagne profile image59

Renaud Gagné (Renaudgagne) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

Very cool! I wish I could double MY list of good things! Cheers, and thanks for your response!

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

What a privilege to have worked at such a camp, Sheila, and a blessing to have a young man express not only his appreciation for that realization, but probably the unexpressed words of many more of the young people that you worked with there !