Has anyone else ever been offered a writing job because of a hub you published?

I received a writing job offer from a site to join their writing team because of a hub that was moved to one of the niche sites that won a Hubbie. I already have a full-time job, but I thought it is great that there is the possibility of obtaining a writing job via HubPages or one of the niche sites from outside of these sites. I haven't responded back yet. Just curious if anyone else been offered a writing job via publishing hubs on HubPages or one of the niche sites?

sallybea profile image96

Sally Gulbrandsen (sallybea) says

Faith Reaper 2 months ago

Wow, Sally, that's wonderful about your Tutorial being featured in a well-known publication! Plus being paid, to boot. Who knows what else will come from it being featured. I know the future looks bright for you and your wet felting expertise.

Randy Godwin profile image93

Randy Godwin says

Faith Reaper 2 months ago

Hi Randy, That's all very interesting and good to know. I figured the pay would not be great. I checked out the site on Google and it is a legitimate site, but as I stated, I do have my day job : ) I appreciate you.

Julie Nou profile image83

Julie Nou says

Faith Reaper 2 months ago

Hi Julie, Wow, that is great you receive a lot of freelance jobs because you are active on Lifehack. Yes, if the pay is good, I guess I can write on the weekends, etc. Sounds like you've built up a regular base. Thank you for answering.

Karen Hellier profile image90

Karen Hellier says

Faith Reaper 2 months ago

Wow, Karen, that is all so cool! Seems you were in the right place at the right time! It all sounds like great fun. Thank you for sharing of how writing on HubPages led to new employment opportunities. I hope many more are to come for you.

annart profile image88

Ann Carr (annart) says

Faith Reaper 2 months ago

Thank you so much, Ann. Yes, must be the case about the niche sites and the world can zero in on certain topics. I never would have thought I'd win on a niche site, much less be offered a writing job. I will do so. Blessings

Faith Reaper 2 months ago

Really ...ghost writing hubs! Now, that is very interesting, as I've never thought of that kind of writing opportunity. Apparently, your idea paid off. Thank you for sharing.

Jodah profile image87

John Hansen (Jodah) says

Faith Reaper 2 months ago

Thanks, John. I was quite surprised about the win and job offer haha, and it never crossed my mind publishing here could possibly bring employers interested in hiring writers. Yes, HP is a great tool to showcase your writing for potential employers.

alifeofdesign profile image92

Graham Gifford (alifeofdesign) says

Faith Reaper 2 months ago

Hi Graham, oh, yes, if we have featured hubs to showcase our writing abilities, our hubs are great in that regard no doubt! That is great about writing on HP lead you to other opportunities in writing. Thank you for answering.