Company Job Application – 12 Tips to Help You Get the Job
The job market isn’t improving despite promises of world leaders of a better economy. There are more people now sending out resumes than ever before. Countless people are getting laid off, a lot of people are falling into debt, and more homes are being foreclosed. Finding a decent paying job is on top of the list of most people today.
Out of the hundreds applying for a single position only one will be chosen. What can you do to increase the chances of getting hired? There are some things you should or should not do when applying for an open position. Let’s take a look at 12 tips that will help you get the job you are applying for.
1. Apply for a job position you are qualified to do. Stick to your field of work.
2. Send a cover letter with your resume. Your cover letter should mention what position you are applying for. Learn how to write a proper resume.
3. Place an objective in your cover letter or resume that states how you can be a benefit to the company, not something that says “looking for a challenging opportunity with a chance for career advancement”.
4. Never lie on your resume. Aside from stating your credentials, mention your achievements and how you were able to help the company you worked for in your previous jobs.
5. If the hiring staff calls you in for an interview, reply ASAP. Make yourself available when they call. Never come late for an interview.
6. Do your homework and find out as much as you can about the company before the interview.
7. Prepare for the interview. This includes coming in looking groomed, dressed for the job, and prepared to answer questions.
8. Send a thank you letter after the interview. It’s a polite gesture and also serves as a reminder about your application.
9. Always be professional when dealing with the hiring staff or the interviewer. Be calm and respectful at all times. Keep eye contact when speaking to them and never forget to shake their hand when you meet them and before you leave.
10. Find out when they will make a decision about who to hire so that you will know when you can follow-up on your application.
11. Never put down your previous employer.
Apply for a job you would
love to do. If all else fails look for home based job you can do from home while you wait for a job opportunity.
No comments yet.