How to get Credit Card Security Code Numbers for Secure Online Money Transaction -Safety Tips for Online Buyers-Customer
Many of us use credit cards for online transaction on each day/week or month. Every time we purchase something online, the merchant company’s website asks for credit card codes. This code is a separate type of code from that which is usually used while purchasing in person from a shopping mall. For online the used code in known as CVV2 (card verification value) or CVC2-this is also called CSC/CCID. During the transaction in person from a shopping center, CVV1 is used-which remains magnetically encoded in your card. The main purpose of this CVV code is to confirm your authenticity with the card issuing bank. Once this number is compromised you are likely to lose your money in no time.
In 2007, 4.6% complains among all Internet related crimes were related to credit card fraud and on the average the loss of each complaint was $298.
So, before making any online transaction, you need to follow some instructions so as you can easily avoid unwanted fraud and ensure safe transfer of money.
What happens when you enter the credit card security number on the merchant website?
Immediately the number is sent to the payment gateway via the merchant, the merchant never have the access to the card number. It is the duty of payment gateway to verify the account and balance information of the customer and sending verified information to the merchant to completer the purchase order with billing information.
Online money transaction safety tips using credit cards
- Do not give credit card number to any unknown and new e-commerce site, even if you find the tiny security padlock in the merchant website; this type of security padlock does not guarantee any solid security protection.
- Before buying from a site, try to get the detail physical address (not only P.O Box number) of the merchant, if possible try to contact them on land phone. Verify the Whois info of the site.
- If any seller refuse to give you verifiable physically address, then it’s always better. Legitimate business owners will never be shy away give the real address to their customers.
- Try to check out their BBB info with the BBB site regarding their any history of customer complains.
- Be aware of the special offer or discounts type e-mail.
- Before making the purchase
even if from your known site carefully look at the url: amazom.com-it’s
certainly not amazon. For secure transaction, check if in the url,the protocol is https: not http:
- After the purchase, if you find something suspicious contact the credit card issuer straight-away
Due to lack of online security, many avoid online transaction as much as possible. But, if one keep only a few tips in mind before making online purchase or transaction, then its really safe and easy purchase.
More by this Author
If you are considering doing a CCNA or similar type of Cisco courses, then Cisco Netcad is one of the place you must take a look for getting proper training in networking.Netacad is basically Cisco sponsored network...
In a heterogeneous society people from different races and culture live together in peace.
The Annunaki is the name of powerful Sumerian Gods who are believed to be involved in the development of modern day human beings. According to Sumerian texts, the annunakis came from a earth like planet Niribu, which is...