What is delegation
What is delegation and why we should delegate or authorize or assign our work to other people?
Definition of Delegation: According to me from what I understand about this term is in simple words, delegation means assigning a certain task to other person providing proper authorization keeping in mind it should be effective and result oriented.
1. Successful delegation in simple words means using other's power and hardwork such as subordinates or teammates help.
2. If you complete tasks by yourself, there is only a limited amount of tasks you can accomplish.
3. If you will include other person's assistance in accomplishing a task, you can complete large volumes of work in less amount of time.
4. If you really work well at your job, your boss may want more from what you have been doing as the expectations will be high and demand will increase with the quality of work you are delivering. More expectations will lead to more workload and pressure making you stressed and unhappy and you might be thinking that you are letting people down.
5. So there comes the real point why delegation of work becomes important. If you are able to delegate your work easily to your subordinates or juniors, then you will be able to achieve your targets successfully keeping in mind the time factor and if you are able to build a team of successful members who can handle the work delegated to them by you, then you can consider yourself as a successful delegator.
How to delegate in an effective manner?
1. Delegation is a win-win approach when done properly, however, that doesn't mean-that you can just delegate anything.
2. You have to always keep in mind that the task provides a great opportunity for other members to develop their personal skills?
3. Delegating a job effectively is the most important factor in delegation.
To whom you should delegate your work?
1. You have to assess and analyze the skills and qualities of every person in your group to do a delegated task.
2. You have to also consider that the person whom you are assigning the job is able to handle the workload well or not?
3. Does the person has enough time to complete your assigned work?
How to deletgate successfully?
1. Include your team members in the delegation process, as they can provide certain new ideas or suggestions to help in this process.
2. You have match the amount of authority with the amount of responsibility that means how responsible a person is, it depends on person to person.
3. Provide adequate support to your group in order to let them accomplish their task successfully.
4. Focus on results, analyze and assess their skills on a daily basis in order to understand that the work delegated is accomplished properly or not and which person is best suited for which work.
Though there are many aspects involved in leadership skills but delegation is also an important quality to build if you want successful management of your tasks to your subordinates.
A short video on how to delegate
Delegation is a very important aspect of leadership skills as is human resource management
Hi Honey, I have an offer for you on a special project
How to delegate successfully
- Successful Delegation: How, When and Why
- Event Delegation versus Event Handling - how to create quicker web apps
- Delegation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Delegation as a Leadership Style: Tips for Effective Delegation
Your leadership style is situational. Your leadership style depends on the task, the team or individual's capabilities and knowledge, the time and tools available and the results desired. These tips for successful delegation of authority will help yo
More by this Author
If you are overburdened with your longstanding credit card debt, fed up of receiving harassing phone calls by your credit card issuing bank, want to get rid of debt collectors who threaten you at your home and office on...
It has been 15 days since I left my organization. How I can withdraw my provident fund? I recently withdrew my provident fund from the Wazirpur Office in New Delhi, India. Here are some simple steps on how to...
This story is based on a true incident that happened in a government medical college in India.