"DO I STAY OR DO I LEAVE MY JOB?" - GUIDELINES ON WHETHER OR NOT YOU SHOULD QUIT YOUR JOB
ON LEAVING YOUR JOB
Lately, thoughts about having a new job starts flickering in your mind. You have been at your current position for several years now and you feel that it's time to try something else. You come to a point that you just go to work because you have to, literally dragging your feet to go to work. Your motivation to go to the office dropped big time. You become so numb that you do your tasks like a robot. The passion is no longer there. The only thing that you look forward to is your paycheck.Your boss is already complaining about your performance at work. Feedback being given to you by co-workers and bosses are becoming somewhat destructive. You constantly look at your watch, then sigh and say to yourself, "End this shift takes forever". You dread Mondays and you always look forward to weekends wherein you'll be out of the office even on your first day of your work week. Talking about your job is like a bone that got stuck in your throat. You want CHALLENGE and growth but you can't seem to achieve it.You feel that you are not getting anywhere at all..
That is really something to ponder about. But just think that quitting your job is a serious matter. You have to reflect on it not only twice, you have to think about it multiple times before handing your resignation letter to your boss.
- What to do before you quit or leave your job - Monster.ie
Have you ever said the words "I quit" and wished you could take them back? Before blurting them out again, carefully think through your job situation and how these words might affect your future.
- How to Quit Your Job | eHow.com
How to Quit Your Job. Quitting your job is serious business. Before you consider changing your life, have the resources to live on and a plan for the future.
I know we will all come to a point that we want to try something different. JOBS are like the dishes that you eat on a regular basis. If you get tired of eating pork chops, you'll try beef, chicken, or you'll do away with meaty products and eat vegetables for a change. So you look for another job when you're so tired with doing the same tasks over and over again. Think about it, you can cook pork in various ways. You can make a barbecue, steak, or stew out of pork. You can add some veggies, or you can marinade pork, or even make a pork curry. You have a lot of options before thinking of leaving your current job.
Here are several things that you have to consider before you start hunting for another job:
- Consider the stability of the company. Are you working for one of the most established companies? Just remember the sudden plunge of the economy. What if you found another job with good benefits, making you feel that you'll love to stay long with the new company, are you sure you'll have that job years from now?
- Think about how well you bond with your boss and your co-workers. Do you have a pleasant relationship with everyone at work? Do you feel that your ideas are being considered? Do you feel you are being valued? Do you have conflict with your boss or anyone at work? Do you feel stressed at the sight of your manager? Do you feel that all eyes are in you every time you step in the office? If you clashed with your co-worker, did you ever find a way to straighten it out?
- Consider the compensation and benefits you are getting at the moment. Can you get this type of benefits somewhere else? With the pay that you are gettinf right now, is it enough for you? Were you able to at least save extra for your future and your family? Are you happy with the priviledges you are entitled of or you want more?
- If you are after career advancement, is there any room for promotion or doors have closed on you? Do you feel that you will stay stagnant with your current position or you will be given an opportunity to go up the ladder? If you feel that you are already immuned to what you are doing at the moment, are there any possibilty that you will be tasked to do something else or perhaps be transferred to another department wherein you can also practice your craft?
- Mull over the hours that you spend, from the time you go to your office to the time you arrive home. Is it accessible? Does it take you long to go to and from work? Do you waste a lot of time doing nothing or too much at the office that you need a breather? Think about your work schedule right now and imagine the difference if you are to look for another job.
- Think about the consequences. Will you regret your decision months after you are already with your new employer or you will say " I'm happy that I made the right move." ?
At the end of the day, you will realize that no matter what is happening at work, no matter how hard it is to deal with your boss, you are your own boss. You follow what your mind says. It will still be up to you how you will run your life. It's your story, hence, no matter how tragic or fulfilling it may turn out to be, it's only you who can turn it around.
Bear in mind, it is deifinitely fine to quit your job and look for another one if you think that it's the best thing that should be done. Changing from one job to another may find you personal satisfaction and more money and better career opportunities, but has pitfalls too, but if you're up for the challenge, then go for it.
Do whatever you feel works best for you, whether or not to leave your present job or what not. Do it as carefully as you can and hopefully you'll go to the right direction.
So, should you stay or should you leave your job?
More by this Author
I don't know if you will agree with me, but I consider feet as the most worn-out parts of the body. Just imagine how heavy our bodies are which they carry to wherever we feel like going to, we drag our feet just about...
According to WIKKIPEDIA, Inferiority complex in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the...
We want to always look fashionable whatever the season is. Magazines and websites will give you tips on what to wear and when to wear it. The most challenging part is finding an outfit during the rainy season. Here...