What business ventures are you currently pursuing?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Robert Erich profile image75
    Robert Erichposted 11 years ago

I have realized that HubPages has a huge network of people in a variety of fields. I am curious to see what businesses Hubbers are creating or thinking about creating.

If you have launched a website or business, share it here. I would love to know what is going on!

Additionally, if you have any great ideas for a business (that you are not going to use), share them here as well.

I look forward to reading about your ventures!

1. KevinTimothy profile image75
      KevinTimothyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My ventures consist of list building and teaching others actually HOW to use the internet to their (financial) advantage. People need to know, right?

Robert Erichposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very important work Kevin. Understanding how to network and connect is huge for startups. I am sure that many people will be able to learn from your experience! And good luck.

2. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

What business ventures are you currently pursuing?

Yep.... Good question smile
    For me.... it's all those business ventures that haven't paid their bill... sad  mad

big_smile

You want free business ideas huh?
    Ummm... That's an interesting biz idea...
    and your cost of sourcing is... well... you know... Really Cheap! lol

I have plenty of my own ideas thanks. But thought it would be fun to see what others do. And I wish you the best on pursuing those without paid bills. Lol

3. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

i am attempting to enter the lucrative field of male modeling...

but to date, National Geographic has not returned my phone calls

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You need to be placed somewhere then... in some not so obvious place..... somewhere where the Discovery Channel can.... well.... at the least... discover you!  smile

My Hit and Run franchise idea has taken off recently!  lol

2. KevinTimothy profile image75
      KevinTimothyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good one, dude.

3. Robert Erich profile image75

I'm sure your rugged good looks will get you into the wild at some point.

4. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

I am working on some songs that I hope to offer for sale soon.  Hopefully, i will get some sales when done!

The music industry can get you places! But it is hard to break into. My first business was geared towards promoting musicians. There's a lot involved I'm gathering a following!

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
        Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My plan is to offer them for sale myself, just starting to look in to my options.  Hopefully by posting edited versions on Youtube, etc..., I can entice some to purchase the unedited versions.  Since I am producing modern protest songs, I believe there is a huge and growing market for F#$k the system songs!  wink

HAHA! You are very right. Songs with a message like that will have HUGE potential. I wish you the best. Definitely share your YouTube link when you have some up and ready to be heard. Though I'm not a big protester, I will certainly give your songs a listen to.

2. Robert Erich profile image75

You will have to share where we can hear your music once you're done recording!

5. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

I have been working full-time through my own one-woman company as a freelance translator since the start of 2004.

That is why I do not have many hubs. I pursue hub writing, 3 blogs, 3 websites and WebAnswers when I want to take a bit of a break from the hard stuff!

Wow! That's impressive. What language do you translate? I have a friend who has made some good extra money translating through college.

1. WriteAngled profile image73
        WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I translate only documentation relating to medicine, biomedicine, pharmacology, trials of new medicines and medical devices and the formal registration process for these products. My educational background/work experience is in this area. I have no linguistic qualifications whatsoever. However, I understand the subject matter of what I translate, which is a step up from simply mastering the terminology, as might be the case with many linguistics graduates.

I only translate into English - it is best practice to translate only into your native language. I translate out of Polish, Serbian/Croatian (inc. Bosnian and inc. Cyrillic script), Slovenian, French, German and Spanish.

Wow! Medical documentation has got to be complex stuff. That is a huge benefit to society and I'm sure a good way to make a bit of money. It's amazing how many business opportunities there are in the world that you don't even really think of. I am definitely glad that you shared!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)