jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Have you purchased anything on Ebay from an international seller?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image76
    MomsTreasureChestposted 3 years ago

Have you purchased anything on Ebay from an international seller?
    I made a purchase and I didn't realize at first that it was being sent from China.  It was a positive experience, quick and easy transaction, customer service was great, package arrived in a timely manner.  How was your experience if you had one?

1. recommend1 profile image72
      recommend1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately not everyone has a positive experience with stuff from China.  I am in the (long) process of setting up a company in China to guarantee that purchases made here are ok - before anyone parts with any money.  This entails the goods being sent to us as intermediary and checked before being sent out of China, inside China there is an excellent system for the money being held until the buyer ok's the transaction, also sending things back is no problem.  We are also setting up a system that allows foreign shoppers to surf Chinese sites such as Taobao with a Chinese English speaking guide who can also negotiate discounts with the sellers to pay for the service.

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago

I have purchased several things from China and like you have had good results. If I can get the same item at a good price from someone here in the USA, I prefer to do that, mainly because I feel like there is less chance of the item getting lost in transit if it's not coming from so far away. But several gift-type items and anime character items that my kids wanted were not available here in my town or from USA sellers. The shipping took several weeks instead of several days, but overall I have had good experiences and will buy from Chinese sellers again. I think it helps to purchase from sellers with great feedback scores.

3. jponiato profile image83
    jponiatoposted 3 years ago

I've purchased several items from Chinese sellers on Ebay, all positive experiences.  For the most part they've been electronic gadgets made there anyway.

4. luisj305 profile image84
    luisj305posted 3 years ago

I have purchased on Ebay international from several places including China and have never had a problem. Most things are cheaper than in the U.S. and you get more value for your money, since most things are purchased in bulk then resold in the states.

However, I have had issues when selling on Ebay as an international seller. Since I am no longer living in the U.S. it's hard to meet buyers expectations of a quick shipping time and low shipping cost. Even when stating in the item description that it is being shipped from out of the country and will take several weeks, the occasional negative feedback is still given.

Even with proof of tracking and arrival of the package, the seller is still at the hands of the buyer to make the decision of removing or revising the negative feedback they left two days before the item arrives to them.

I have turned down bids from buyers without much experience on the website for the sake of avoiding the possibility of negative feedback. We all know that can hit our sales numbers pretty hard. I expect anyone who is purchasing from me to skim through my recent feedback and if they see one that says
    "My item never made it to me!!" or " Beware of this buyer".

Then I don't blame them for moving to the next seller, because I would do the same. Even if the 10 transactions before and 5 transactions after that one were positive. The Ebay feedback system is observed very closely by many.

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Sure I have, all the time.  India, China, Japan and other countries.  I have never had a problem.

6. Novel Treasure profile image85
    Novel Treasureposted 3 years ago

I have only purchased a few items from China, Milaysia, and Hong Kong and have had a positive experience. The items were shipped and received timely and in the description they described.

7. Daniel Roo profile image76
    Daniel Rooposted 3 years ago

Items were from Hong Kong, were of low quality and not what I expected.

Chinese factories are well known for their poor quality control, most of the rejected crud ends up being sold on the web or shipped to poorer countries such as Ukraine.

That doesn't mean every seller from China should be avoided, just means extra care and attention should be used when choosing a seller as other countries will have different standards.