jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Job searching techniques

1. dpearl profile image60
    dpearlposted 8 years ago

I have been in the field of career development and recruiting, as well as business development for the last 15 years. I can tell you -- if you are 35 and older, give up any concept of having the traditional job with hours, benefits and perks. It doesn't exist for your age group. If you are younger than 35, you probably already are aware that the only jobs out there are those you have to weigh in accordance with how you live. If you believe you need a certain amount of hours in a week or a certain salary, you'll have to compromise something. There are only opportunity costs and payoffs that you have to weigh.

I see too  many people out there living in a fantasy world, thinking that if they focus on what they really want, it will come to them. Believe me, I believe in positive thinking, but looking for something that is now obsolete (a traditional 9-5 job) is delusional. Businesses cannot afford this kind of structure anymore, and you have to know that there is always someone who will take the job who is less experienced and will accept less pay or more hours. No one so valuable you can't be replaced.

1. 58
      Derektreeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Businesses cannot afford this kind of structure anymore, and you have to know that there is always someone who will take the job who is less experienced and will accept less pay or more hours. No one so valuable you can't be replaced.

www.sentersoftech.com

2. 58
    Derektreeposted 7 years ago

Hi

This site will nice and good and thank u for using this site...

www.bolg.sentersoftech.com

3. ocbill profile image76
    ocbillposted 7 years ago

Yes, there is always a cost for everything, not always monetary.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I don't know why business owners blame workers for their slowing sales...the onus is on him/her since they should be the ones developing and researching new marketing strategies, tongue least...that's what I would be doing smile

working