jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Inflation Big-Time in Year 2013

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Just my opinion...

Yesterday, I read about apartment rents zooming up.

We've also all just heard about the unemployment rate dropping.

And just now, I read, "US consumer borrowing rises to record $2.75T". And that's for just through October. Imagine what it will be by end of post-holidays. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-consum … 05723.html

Will inflation go to double-digits? I doubt it. But I bet it's going to be over 5%. Last time that happened was 1990. http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/in … ion-rates/

All the pundits are worried about the recovery continuing re: fiscal-cliff, gridlock, etc. Inflation issues aren't even on their radar. I submit that risky-business lies ahead...

My opinion is in direct contradiction to that of just about everyone else's. I don't care.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your experiences have taught you to be one step ahead. Unfortunately, those who have not experienced what you have, would have never expect that the s*** could hit the fan at any time. They will have a much more laissez-faire attitude. You can't change that.

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

If one "knows" that inflation is going to be a major issue soon, what should one do?

And just to make it interesting, one is not allowed to make investments in:

Gold, silver, platinum, rare earths, or any other precious metal.

In fact, you are not allowed to invest in any traded commodity.

You are not allowed to buy or sell stocks.

You are not allowed anywhere near Forex or any other currency markets.

You are not allowed to have anything to do with the real estate market.

You are not allowed near the art market.

None of the typical investment venues are permitted. Period.

So, what's left as to what one can do to make maximum utilization of their "knowledge" of the coming inflation?

3. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago

the unemployment numbers have all been 'tweaked' and are not true nor will they ever be. 

Next year the death tax is going up as well.

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"Tweaked" is a kind word for it. Fraudulently altered wold be a better phrase for it. smile

For that matter, inflation numbers are also severely messed with.

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've seen grocery prices go up 10 to 20 percent in the last year, but Fed say inflation under 2%. That's an outright crock.

working