jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Calling All Business Owners - Avon - Mary Kay and Beyond

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 3 years ago

Do you have business life beyond HubPages you would like to share with us? Any Mary Kay and/or Avon representatives?

I want to hear from you.

I wish to start a hub on the many businesses we could promote and seek a fellow Hubber first especially during this holiday season.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was an Avon rep for a while but didn't like it.  If they would issue a catalogue that was just beauty and skincare, not all those trashy plastic shoes, thin jersey clothing, cheap trinkets and kitsch ornaments, I'd still be selling it.

2. classicalgeek profile image87
      classicalgeekposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I teach piano and voice, run a professional vocal ensemble, and I make handmade soaps (and sometimes sell them and other crafts) for fun. I also edit documents and books for friends (for pay).

2. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 3 years ago

I have an Etsy shop selling vintage jewellery and accessories. Details in my profile under "own website".

I don't think I would enjoy selling Avon/Kleeneze/other door-to-door catalogue stuff. I'm just not a good face to face salesperson.

PS: nice idea for a thread!

3. stephanieb27 profile image81
    stephanieb27posted 3 years ago

I am an Usborne Books & More consultant. smile

4. afirecracker profile image59
    afirecrackerposted 3 years ago

I actually started my own business this year. I am a Photographer. I lost my job several months ago and with encouragement from friends and family I decided to do what I love.

5. Elisa Wills profile image61
    Elisa Willsposted 3 years ago

I am an Origami Owl Living Locket Independent Designer.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

My wife gave the Avon thing a try for about a year in the early '00s and it didn't really take off for her. She was putting in a lot of hours of work and getting very little in return (hey, sounds just like HubPages! ... I keed, I keed), so eventually she gave it up.

7. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 3 years ago

I'm thinking of selling really good and highly profitably secret stuff...

- but I'm really sorry.....  sad

- I can't tell ya what it is!  smile