jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Attention U.S. Workers ~ You Are Getting a Pay Cut

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

"It's basically guaranteed that you'll be getting a pay cut" in year 2013.

http://now.msn.com/payroll-tax-cuts-lik … nd-in-2013

This applies to self-employed income as well, since SE is part of this.

What say you?

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This was a temporary cut 2 years ago and even if it is extended for another year today or tomorrow it will go away some time. I plan my finances in advance and had already factored in this change when i created my budget several months ago.

People seem to forget that this was a temporary stimulus - this isn't a tax raise, simply a re-statement.

2. peeples profile image88
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

While I love my country, the people who run it are idiots. If planned properly there would be no need for income taxes to begin with. How china doesn't own us yet is beyond me.

1. MrBecher profile image62
      MrBecherposted 3 years ago in reply to this

On the contrary (a bit off topic, but maybe you'll find it interesting to look at it this way), we own them as much as they own us. They survive on our consumption. They hold our debt, but it's only worth anything to them if we actually pay it (if they allow us to fall apart and default, they're losing a whole lot of money).

3. A Driveby Quipper profile image60
    A Driveby Quipperposted 3 years ago

I ain't scared.

4. 0
    Ghaelachposted 3 years ago

Way back in 1989 the two Germany's, east and west became one again. The then chancellor, Herr Kohl told us that the government would be putting up the tax we all pay to cover the cost of this reunification by 7% for a maximal of 4 years. As we are just about to enter 2013 we still pay that tax 22 + years later. Most politicians around the world, first fill their own back pockets with your hard earned money and carry on telling us all a bag full of lies, and it doesn't matter what your colour is, what your religion is, but you must be one of the poor.